The Official TFW GAMES OF THE GODDAMN DECADE THREAD - read the OP! READ IT.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by McBradders, Dec 8, 2009.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    10- Transformers Armada Game-A revolutionally Transformers Game

9- Need For Speed: Hot Pirsuit 2-What a racing game that was

8- FIFA 2003-My first football game

7- FIFA Street-Had mad fun with friends

6- Burnout 3: Takedown-Again, multiplayer fun and AWESOME gameplay for the year

5- Rock Band 2-No words for it, just an awesome game

4- God of War 2-Best game Sony ever made

3- Burnout Paradise- ALL of the game modes and DLCs are plain awesome

2- Smackdown vs RAW 2010- I always liked wrestling games but this one puts it to the limits

1- Super Mario Bros.- I played the damn game for 2 effin years! Can you believe it!

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh where oh where to begin. This is the age old battle between new and shiny and old but gold. Here goes.

10. Halo. Everyone left it off their list. Is it really that taboo to like a console FPS? It brought FPS to the masses and made me care about a character with a face we've never even seen.
    9. Super Mario Galaxy. Isn't Mario enough to put this game on the list?
    8. Kingdom Hearts 2. Great story. Even cooler characters. And Mickey Mouse.
    7. Uncharted 2. The greatest gaming experience I've ever had. But not necessarily the greatest game I've ever played.
    6. The Legend of Zelda The Twilight Princess. Nifty light/dark gameplay. And it's Zelda.
    5. Halo 3. Multiplayer is still the game to beat.
    4. Bioshock. Big Daddy's. Little Sisters. And some of the coolest ability upgrades in a video game.
    3. Hot Shots Golf. If you laughed already then no amount of typing is going to change your mind.
    2. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue. THE best RPG released in this decade. Hands down. Epic quest. Lovable characters. Hand drawn animation. Awesome.
    1. Halo 2. It helped make Xbox Live the best online community. Engaging story (albeit short) and multiplayer that sucked many hours of my life. It's still one of the best multiplayer experiences available.

And there it is and I make no apologies.

3. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii 2007) - Possebly the most innovative mario. loved every second of it
    including the second time as luigi

2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 2000) - Best story line of any zelda game. and the fact of being able to play as a tree, zoran, and goron was fun!

3. Kingdom Hearts (PS2 2002) - most origional final fantasy story. who would have thoght that square and Disney would ever team up

4. Pokemon D/P/Pl (DS 2007) - Best pokemon to date. finally included a way to trade online and recieve special pokemon through the internet as well

5. Luigi's Mansion (GC 2001) - Finally luigi get's his own game and it's awesome!

6. Metroid Prime (GC 2002) - Metroid is rebooted and done extremely well.

7. Smash Bros Melee (GC 2001) - smash brothers was the first nintendo fighting game. melee took it to the next step and made it really enjoyable

8. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (PC 2002) - i played countless hours of this game online. i even made levels and models for multiplayer. i LOVED this game.

9. Chrono Trigger DS (DS 2008) - Just because it's chrono trigger and it had some great extras including a whole new level!

10. Mario Kart Wii (Wii 2008) - Because of the great levels and ability to play online.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Chrono Cross- One of the greatest game soundtracks along with my favorite story in a video game. It tied in to Chrono Trigger while not totally relying on it to make it a great game. I've put many hours in going through it multiple times, and it's one of the last great J-RPGs before my tastes started to stray from them.

2. Final Fantasy X- Still my favorite story of any FF game with a cast that I grew to really care about. Also, possibly the last single player FF game to have a soundtrack almost all composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

3. Mass Effect- Every minute of this game was exciting and really brought me into the world and characters. I loved exploring even the most empty planet and the last couple hours were possibly the best in a game I've played.

4. Fallout 3- This game had an amazing way of making me want to see every nook and kranny, making me play through it twice just so I could have a better fleshed out character. Simply amazing atmosphere.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4- This was easily my favorite of the series. Old Snake was extremely well developed and I felt compassion and sensed his humility coping with his artificially progressed age.

6. Final Fantasy 12- I am surprised to say that the combat mechanics in this game really won me over. It also had a great story but was much better thanks to an amazingly translated, mature script that lacked most of the problems a J-RPG suffer. It also had a ton of content.

7. Silent Hill 2- This stands as my favorite survival-horror-psychological game. Really, everything about it was so surreal and terrifying.

8. Bioshock- Amazing atmosphere, great story, and gameplay that felt fresh. Not many games can pull you in like this one.

9. Metroid Prime- I was as surprised as everyone else that Retro made an incredible Metroid game in 3D. Beautiful visuals, tight controls, wonderfull soundtrack and a million secrets to uncover.

10. Oblivion- I still turn this game on and play it just to visit the world again. It's hard to believe so much is in one game. Of course, Fallout 3 took the formula and improved it, but that doesn't hurt the quality of this title.

Gosh, that's hard to do. There are so many games...

Some that just didn't make it:

Devil May Cry, Gears of War 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Resident Evil 4 & 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Fable 1 & 2, Dragon Age, Shadow of the Colossus, New Super Mario Wii, Castlevania: Dawn of Sarrow, Metroid Zero Mission, Katamari Damacy, Grand Theft Auto Vice City & 3 & 4 and from what I can tell Asassin's Creed 2, Borderlands and Uncharted 2, but I haven't beaten them yet.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely truth.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

That was 1998.

7. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

1. Arkham Asylum (PS3). - Awesome game. This game was so epic it was crazy. Awesome game play. And hands down, best superhero game I've ever played.

2. Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast). - Great story and awesome playability. Viva la Dreamcast. :( 

3. Transformers Armada (PS2). - Bloody shame that this game whips the pants off of the movie games, but it does. Awesome stages.

4. From Russia With Love (PS2). - Great movie, great game. Playable environments are great, as many stars as were still alive and just a genuinely fun and entertaining game.

5. Ghostbusters (PS2). - Nostalgia galore and a great game engine. Pure unadulterated win. Aykroyd's and Ramis' dialogue was above and beyond as always, which only added to the awesomeness.

6. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (PS2). - Absolutely bloody fantastic. Fun shoot 'em up game.

7. Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2). - Excellent Spidey game. Fun, not necessarily original since it's identical to Spider-man 2, but, still, a great ride nonetheless.

8. Legend of Zelda: the Phantom Hourglass (DS). - What can I say? I like the game. First Zelda game I've had access to since Ocarina of Time. Nice levels, smooth gameplay, and the set up brings back memories of the original Zelda in the 80s.

9. Grand Turismo 3 (PS2). - Graphics still look great. Fun driving game. First of it's breed I played that had this level of detail and flawless flow.

10. Dead or Alive 2 (PS). - I like fighting games, but this one jumps out at me most for some reason. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Graphics are a little dated by today's standards, of course, but it's still a good game. A lot of fun.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, I only played the PS2 and Dreamcast versions which I thought were 2000, but looking it up, they were earlier.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)- It revolutionized FPS. Online play was the best that had ever come out at the time, and also had amazing graphics. I like the second one better, but this is the one that revolutionized the game.

2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune- Amazing graphics, one of the best story-lines ever for a game, and some of the best voice acting ever done in a game.

3. Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)- Expanded one my No. 1 game in every way possible. Online play is the best out of any game, great graphics, and my most anticipated game ever.

4. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)- The BEST comic book game ever. They got the original voice actors from the TV show, who were great then and are now. A wonderful combat system that is quite possibly the best in a game yet. Oh, and it's Batman.

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- Everything I loved about the first one is back, only enhanced. Graphics and voice acting are top-notch, and they added an awesome online co-op that is just fun to play.

6. Metroid Prime (GC)- My favorite game on the GameCube. I loved the original one, but this was just great. Excellent story, with gameplay that wasn't hard to get the hang of.

7. Super Mario Galaxy- It's Mario, and I love any of those games. But this one, since it was for the Wii, was extra special to me. First Wii game I felt like was worth getting, with good graphics, fun controls, and another good Mario story.

8. Resistance 2- While the first one was good, this one was great. It was the first Playstatio3 exclusive game I bought, and it was worth it. While the ending sucked, the online was just freakishly huge, along with a very entertaining story.

9. Killzone/Killzone 2- I have to combine these in one group because one wouldn't have happened without the other. Killzone is my favorite PS2 game, which says a lot since I love almost all of my PS2 games. Killzone 2 was highly anticipated, and had some of the best graphics to this day.

10. Halo- Granted I don't really care for the game, I can't help but see what it has done to the gaming community. Halo always has the most anticipation around it, and is still the best-selling series of the decade. I don't like it, but I can respect it.

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

1. Mass Effect - A cinematic masterpiece. Love the cutscenes, love the music, love how upset Shepard gets. Only game I have ever played through multiple times within a single year.

2. Morrowind - Graphics were kind of dark and ugly, but this game was so immense that it kept me immersed for nights on end. Several games have done it better since, but this was more important to me since it was the first time I had played a game like this.

3. Hearts of Iron 2 - I've had so much fun playing this game as Italy, and conquering the belly out from under Europe, or playing as Japan and launching a land war into asia instead of a sea war against the US. So many possibilities with this one, just one of my favorite games of all time.

4. Fallout 3 - fun, love these open ended bethesda games. Like Morrowind I spent hours just exploring, especially the first 5 hours where I avoided Megaton and just tried exploring and surviving in the wastelands.

5. Battlefield 2 - My favorite online game. Probably the only game I have ever made a concerted effort to obtain badges and work on stats. I was a menace with the DAO-12.

6. Final Fantasy 12 - Played this after it had been out awhile and ended up liking it a lot more than I expected to. For the most part I have hated final fantasy ever since they made the move to 3D, but this was a pleasant surprise, especially the voice acting.

7. Star Wars Galaxies - This game just absolutely hooked me for about a year. It was never really a good game, but I had a lot of fun playing it with my friends. Now I look back at that year as probably being the worst time of my life. ugh....

8. Oblivion - Would have rated this higher, but despite the improved visuals it felt too much like a rehash of Morrowind but with the awful scaling difficulty level of the bad guys.

9. Jade Empire - A lot of people prefer the KOTOR titles on the Xbox, but the atmosphere of this game was so much more unique and fun than the bland star wars settings.

10. Halo 2 - Loved the level design, especially "cutting the tether" just awesome.

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    1. Spider-Man 2
    Sandbox environment, with Spider-Man's powers. Not only that, it takes the amazing story from the movie and removes all the dull. And Alfred Molina. Super fun to play as well.

2. Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves
    I'm a huge sandbox guy, and I love having a large cast of characters to play with, which is why I love this game. Visuals are nice, powerups are useful, and I still find myself playing it even though I beat the storyline a long time ago.

3. Super Mario Galaxy
    An incredibly well done game, visually stunning with inventive gameplay. Plus the storyline deviates a tad from the usual Mario scenario.

4. New Super Mario Brothers Wii
    The reasons I like New Super Mario Brothers...but with co-op, and better feeling levels.

5. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    I love the multiplayer, and the large roster of characters. Plus, combo moves are easy to pull off, yet there's a wide variety of moves to pull off.

6. Wario Land: Shake It
    Very inventive platformer, the graphics are a nice change, and I like how the Wii's motion feature is used without being obnoxious.

7. Pokemon LeafGreen
    This will always be my favorite Pokemon (At least, until HeartGold and SoulSilver come out). I like the retro feel you get from playing it, and the new elements are great too.

8. Pokemon Platinum
    Take everything good about Diamond and Pearl, (The new characters, awesome new Pokemon, visually stunning compared to their predecessors, easy gameplay), and add some new areas, new functionality, better gameplay, and you have Platinum.

9. New Super Mario Brothers
    Very nice redux of the original. Only reason it's so low on the list is that the later levels can feel repetitive at times. Very fun otherwise though.

10. Time Hollow
    I really like this game because it feels like an interactive book, and since I might like to read it as a book, it's fun to play as a video game. Although there's little to no replay value, so it's not something I'm still playing. Very fun for a first-timer though.

12. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    1. Street Fighter IV: First new numbered entry in, what, 11 years?

2.Batman: Arkham Asylum: Batman was my childhood. This game respects that

3. Halo series: The game(s) that made online play

4. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1-2: Very enjoyable. Nice adaptation

5. Tekken 6: Since it'll likely be the last Tekken this decade. I love the game and series. Playing since Tekken 3.

6. MvC 2: Need I explain?

7. CoD Modern Warfare 2: No russian, bitches.

8. Star Wars Battlefront 2

9. New Super Mario Bros.

10. SSB Brawl

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put some thought into this for a while, and I think this is the most accurate list I can put out there right now (I know some of these are multiplatform, but I just listed the system I played them on):

1) Mass Effect (360) - This one may be guilty of being my "game of the moment" but really no other RPG has captivated me as much as this one. In fact I didn't like this game the first time I played it, and I dismissed it. After playing Fallout I was back into the RPG state of mind and took on Mass Effect and now I am in love with it. Whenever I am not playing Mass Effect I am thinking about playing Mass Effect, and I am already looking forward to my next playthough, and I practically never play through a game more than once.

2) Knights of the Old Republic (XBOX) - Introduced me to BioWare, and I absolutely loved the storyline. It was great to immerse myself into another era of Star Wars. Probably one of my favorite Star Wars games of all time.

3) Samba de Amigo (DC) - My first music/rhythm game, and I still love it to this day. We busted this thing out at many parties and everyone loves giving it a spin. Still to this day it is probably my favorite music/rhythm game.

4) Phantasy Star Online (DC) - Loved the hell out of this game. This came out during my junior year in college and we played it constantly. One of the few games that I actually played through multiple times. I loved the game so much that I bought version 2, the GameCube release, PSU, PSP, and even tried out the card battling one.

5) Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
    - Epic game. Probably my favorite of the series. It is a game that I want to play through again, and especially to enjoy all the extra stuff like developer podcasts.

6) Gears of War 2 (360) - A real fun shooter, and what I consider a buddy game. Love the cover system. One of the few games that I ever wanted to play co-op with a friend online, which is a fantastic way to experience the game. And speaking of online I really dug the Horde mode in this game. I thought this game improved over the first one tremendously. My only issue with it is that my damned "Friends with benefits" gamerpic never showed up, even though I unlocked the achievement. But I would consider Gears one of my favorite shooters.

7) Rez (PS2) - Audio/Visual orgy. I had actually played the Dreamcast version in college, but purchased the PS2 one when I saw it. I also have the XBL version but have yet to play through that one entirely.

8) Portal (360) - Fun game, and clever as hell. Not only was it a tricky puzzle type game at times, but it kept me laughing as well. Best ending song of all time. I would love to see a follow up but I fear if we do it will cheapen the first one. I think Portal was one of the greatest little gaming surprises I stumbled upon.

9) Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) - Amazing game. The graphics, the gameplay, the art style, the story...it was all fun. And there was a lot of love for the source material which you could see in some of the hidden details in the game. I would probably consider this the best game based off of a comic franchise, it is THE Batman game, and I am beyond excited to play the sequel.

10) Bioshock (360) - Absolutely loved the world of Rapture. I loved the art design in this game, and the storyline was fantastic. I loved getting creeped out in the game, and loved the "oh sh*t!" moments when going up against Big Daddies.

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Here is my top 10 games of the decade. It took me a long time to think about what I wanted on it and its my second revision as it honestly was that hard to pin down just 10 titles.

1. Call of Duty 4: Considering the style of FPS at the time this was and still is a revolutionary piece of gaming. There was no other game on the console market that looked this good nor was as rewarding. Staying up some 10+ hours all night just to play this game was what it meant to me. The multiplayer aspect was new to me and it changed my opinion on it forever, it blew my mind and made me totally appreciate online gaming. It still is gaming perfection and is a gaming classic.

2. Knights of the Old Republic: A gaming masterpiece that was made better by it being based on Star Wars. The combat system felt deep and rewarding, along with the progression your characters made throughout the story, it was a joy to have a game offer so many enjoyable aspects. I have plenty of fond memories playing this and it is my favourite Star Wars game ever.

3. Fire Pro Wrestling A: This game was played every single day for almost 2 years. Every day without fail, I still play it to this day. I love the whole world of Puro and being able to play in it was just a dream come true. Its create a wrestler feature just opened up so much that it was like making my own game, and that’s what brought me back every day. Even watching the CPU battle at it has more entertainment value than live wrestling itself.

4. Vandal Hearts 2: My most played PS1 game ever. The strategy was deep enough that you actually had to plan ahead but never to that point where it was annoying. The setting was outstanding and it just totally captivated my imagination. Spending time with my Dad playing this helps raise its worthiness too, family gaming FTW!

5. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2: Countless hours poured into this, trying to get all the skate letters and reach the highscore while putting out insane combos that made you feel like a gaming god. For I, it always made me want just one more go and I totally loved that about it.

6. World of Warcraft: Does this really need explaining? Its like crack and its the only game where I could think of playing it and nothing else. Fantasy RPG at its best.

7. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Fighting game perfection. Its truly a game anyone can play but trying to master it, is where the fun lay for I. Just being able to have those dream match ups made it special but with its well defined controls just took it to another level.

8. Final Fantasy X: No other RPG consumed as much time as this one did. I adore the characters and setting, and its a very satisfying game to play. There is just something about it that made me wanna keep playing.

9. Metal Gear Solid 4: A game that looks this good and plays as wonderfully as it does deserves its recognition. It has a wild story but so many set pieces that can't be forgotten make it another timeless classic. I think its the best in the series and something all games should strive to top.

10. Batman Arkham Asylum: Without a doubt the best comic book hero game ever, a game good enough that even my game hating girlfriend appreciated it. Being made to feel like a super hero is a rare gift and it is one of the best games in quite some time.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only thought of five so far and not in order yet.
    Creating a list of 10 is dificult, there as so many good games out there to chose from.

1. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: The first time I saw that big, open ocean I knew I was going to enjoy this. Visually stunning, an engrossing story, a Link who was the most expressive version yet all added up to an excellent game that had me gripped from start to finish.

2. Uncharted 2: Visually stunning and an engrossing game play. Sure there were some annoying bits in the game, but looking beyond them you found an excellent story, intense battles and an enjoyable ride from start to finish.

3. Portal: This was a triumph. A perfectly executed idea that had my brain twisted many ways. Fiendish puzzles and traps that lead to an invigorating game, if not a little bit frustrating at times. The fact it was original released with Half Life 2, Episodes 1 & 2 and Team Fortress 2 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 helped it cause.

4. Bioshock: A gorgeous setting deep at the bottom of the sea helped set the tone of Bioshock and its engrossing story. Mixing the FPS element with upgrades was welcome and adding in the twist (Would you kindly?) just adds to its wonderful story.

5. Grand Theft Auto 3: The transition from over head view to a 3rd person view was a much needed and welcome addition to the GTA series. While still retaining the sandbox feel the addition of the missions and much better plot helped make this a enjoyable addition to the GTA series.

16. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    1. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC): Although it technically came out in Japan in 1999, the US got it in 2000 and Europe in 2001 so I think it should be included. This game went and knocked the original R/B/Y out of the park. No Pokemon sequel since has had such a big update as these games did and its still the only one to have included 2 whole regions. Coupled with the superior graphics and gameplay of the DS' D/P/P, its already a given that HeartGold and SoulSilver will live up to the originals.

2. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC): Ocarina of Time was good, but this was better. A radical departure in style proved to be the most beautiful and compelling Zelda game to date.

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii): One of the most fun beat 'em up games ever with a great cast of characters. Shame about the online play being so sucky but even that doesn't detract from its charm.

4. Kingdom Hearts (PS2): Who would have thought Final Fantasy and Disney would have been such a winning combo?

5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3): Fantastic storyline and top notch gameplay. A worthy addition to the MSG family.

6. Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (PS2/Xbox): Proof that a 2D fighting game does not equal a bad one, this still stands up alongside its newer rivals.

7. Sonic Rush (DS): After a series of average and/or disappointing 3D games, this is the game that brought the hedgehog back to life.

8. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3/Xbox 360): Best superhero game ever. What more can I say?

9. Warioland: The Shake Dimension (Wii): This has been an unexpected hit for me. Some of the most beautiful 2D animation I've ever witnessed in a game and alot of fun to boot.

10. Spider-Man (PS1): If we didn't have Arkham, this would be the best superhero game IMO. Tons of fun and alot of nice little extras like comic covers, costumes and even a "What if?" mode.

17. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    1. COD4 - it wasn't the first but it took the FPS genre to another level.
    2. Uncharted -a real surprise when it first came out one of the tops in terms of making a game feel like a blockbuster movie.
    3. God of War - Awesome blend of beat'em up and greek mythology story telling.
    4. Metal Gear Solid 4 - If it is the true end to the MGS series I can't see a better way to go out.
    5. Batman : AA - This is what ever comic game should strive to be. Hope their taking notes
    6. Halo - one of the best shooters of all time.
    7. Gran turismo 4 - as the only TRUE GT game of the decade it's was the cause of many late night test and tune sessions to get that extra 1/10 of a sec.
    8. New Super Mario Bros. - call it nostaligia but man this game was insanely fun to play as all mario games tend to be.
    9. Rachet and Clank: TOD - Fun to play and at times will leave you laughing .. loudly
    10.Madden - as the only NFL lincensed game they done a good job not letting it stagnate and added to and improving it year after year.

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

hey T_T...i see that some people put systems next to it while others dont...will a game that was multiplatform be considered as two/three/etc entries?

some games have system exclusives to it which make it better than the other

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

[work in progress - will be done by 12/31 though]

1. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - Story, gameplay, graphics...there hasn't been a FF game since that is better than this one. Still my favorite RPG out there.

2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) - went with the GC version cause i'm left handed and the Wii one made it hard for me to play. Really like this story and the new form he can use. Like the darker look too.

3. Kingdom Hearts II (PS2) - a good sequel to a good game. Still waiting for KHIII.

4. Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) - Building something that changes the future, what a great idea. A great improvement over the first. Still waiting for DC3.

5. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC) - Enjpyable game. If not for the long ocean rides, this would of been even higher

6. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Wii) - Best RE game. The Wii controls make it even better.

7. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) - a 3-in-1 game...really enjoyed all three and with the new controls made the game even better.

8. Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC) - best MK out there, swapping players...

9. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC) - helped get my WC fix, and without this expansion, i dont think i would of gotten anyone pass level 70...plus it gave us a new continent to explore, and we get to fight the Lich King with Patch 3.3

10. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - went with the first cause it set up all the rest, plus it added extra stories...

[work in progress - will be done by 12/31 though]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! I don't know if I can even hit 10 games but here I go:

i) Tekken 6

Definitely my fave game of the decade. The many playable characters (40 plus), 3D movement, fighting moves, throws (tombstone pile driver, powerbombs, groin strikes), juggles are amazing. Although they are still tier levels, the game play this time round is slightly more balanced than the previous versions.

The best part of the game for me are the characters which are a hybrid of real-life characters and tribute to other gaming characters. For example, Law (Bruce Lee), King (Tiger mask), Armor King (Black Tiger), Marduk (Bill Goldberg/Nathan Jones). Kazuya (Ryu) and Paul (Ken/Guile). Original characters would be Jin, Heihachi, Ling.

ii) WWE: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)

My all time fave wrestling game because of the cast on this game was amazing. It had Hogan, Flair, Brock, Taker, Nash, Rock and even Stone Cold?

The fact that you can win both titles through a loop hole in the game was also cool! I believe it was also the first Smackdown game that had a never ending season.

iii) MGS 3 (PS2)

I originally wanted to choose MGS4 but the jungle environment won it for me. For the first time, I felt like a soldier "outfield". Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MGS1 and MGS2 but I found the environments restrictive. MGS1 was on a military base while MGS2 was on a tanker and plant.

MGS3 feels like "John Rambo" with an emphasis on stealth. The bosses were also memorable and intimidating. For example, Volgin, The Boss, the Fear and The End. Oh man, I love the sniper battle with the latter.

iv) MGS4 (PS3)

MGS4. I love the openness and chaotic sense in some of the stages. For example, the Middle East and South America but Europe, Shadow Moses was abit of a let down.

For Europe, I felt that the "trailing" was abit too long for my liking and for Shadow Moses...I wished there were more human guards rather than mecha.

v) Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

I was undecided between this and the Hulk but gave Bats the note because of the more varied game-play. For example, taking enemies down by stealth or straight old fist fights. Truly one of the more memorable games I have played.

v) The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (PS2)

I really like the "unstoppable movement" gimmick. The Hulk could climb walls, leap around the place and bosses were amazing to fight. Played the game non-stop!

vii) Marvel Alliance (PS2)

While not as deep as other action RPG, what won this game for me was the cast of both heroes and villains. How many superhero games can one face Dr. Doom, Loki, the Mandarin, Mephisto and even Galactus!? :) 

viii) Street Fighter IV

Loved this game. I suspect this game could have been higher on my list if I played it on a more regular basis.

ix) Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

Amazing boss fights, a wide range of weapons and abilities this game has it all. Definitely a classic for me!

x) God of War

Similar to Ninja Gaiden but with a Greek "twist" to it but it does have its moments. For example, the Hydra fight.