The Official TF: RID & RID:CForce Torrents, Episode Downloads, Youtube Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Joe Moore, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the one and only official thread for posting YouTube links, direct episode downloads (rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, etc.) or direct torrent downloads for Transformers: RID episodes. Follow the rules set forth above.

Anyone who wants to be funny and try and circumvent the rules I have laid out in the initial post will find I am not in a forgiving mood when it comes to this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assume there may be spoilers beyond the first page of this thread

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be very nice and I'm sure we'd all appreciate your hard work because it looks like none else will be doing it, I've given a look around in the usual places and sadly it seems that most people in the Australian encoding scene don't have much interest in kid cartoons much less content that will air in other countries anyway.

And yeah it looks like Australia will be the first place, all other english speaking countries have premieres slated for March only.

3. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    please! that would be awesome! please put in here if you will catch te episodes, I ws searching and didn't see anyone that will record this series

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just for posteriority, 3 episodes will be airing this weekend in Australia/New Zealand.

Episode 1
    Description: Bumblebee begins what he believes will be a new solo mission on Earth - only to be saddled with both an over--?enthusiastic cadet and a sarcastic juvenile delinquent.
    Show Time:
    Sat 21 Feb 09:30
    Sun 22 Feb 06:30

Episode 2
    Description: Bumblebee's new team expands to include a chatty technician, an escaped convict, and a human father and son, all struggling to stop a powerful Decepticon from devouring a nearby city.
    Show Time:
    Sat 21 Feb 16:30

Episode 3
    Description: Bumblebee's Team must learn to work together as they face off against two Decepticon fugitives.
    Show Time:
    Sun 22 Feb 09:30 | 16:30

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You are a hero if you manage to get those up.

6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry pal, but I'm on the wrong side of the planet to do that! Just putting it up there for anyone that can and has the interest.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Already got it set to record on my DVR. I'll have to record it with my Game Capture HD whilst I watch it but I'll do it as soon as possible.

I can't guarantee it'll be true HD though, since Sky charge per channel if you want a channel in HD. A few channels are in HD for free, though, so I'm not sure if Cartoon Network is or not. Regardless, it upscales to at least 720p over HDMI, anyway.

I'll record it then chop out all the ads and upload it here. Just a heads-up, I'll be torrenting it, and other people can put up DDLs.

8. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    You will be my hero lol

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    A bit off topic but i just got a cable card tuner for my pc and was wondering what you use to chop out commercials?

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds great regardless on if you get HD or not. thanks for the effort!

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    No problem, guys. I'll get it done.

Honestly, I've never really done it before, so I'll probably just use my regular video editing tools which, at the moment, is Final Cut Pro. If you're on Windows, Movie Maker will probably do the job just fine (although I don't know if it supports all the HD codecs).

There might be some programs that do it automatically, but honestly, it's probably much easier (and cleaner) to do it manually. I'll just jot down time codes whilst I'm watching so I can skip straight to the ads and cut them out without searching for them.

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Cool thanks

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    So I just found out that the Sky satellite decoder DVR piece of crap has HDCP. This could be troublesome. It also has SCART out (but pretty much no TVs over here support SCART) for RGB, and it MAY have component out. I'll check in the morning, then hope that I can find a cheap cable for it tomorrow or Saturday. Otherwise, it'll have to be transferred in standard definition, which I'd much rather avoid.

Also, apparently they broadcast in 720p/1080i, so no glorious 1080p.

New Zealand TV sucks ass. Stupid Sky monopoly bullcrap.

EDIT: Found this glorious bastard that might just let me rip it straight from the internal hard drive. There's a warranty void sticker on the back of the box which, as per normal, looks paper-thin and designed to rip should it be tampered with, but I doubt it'll be a problem, and considering that they rent the box out to their customers anyway (unlike in the UK where they buy the decoder), I don't give a crap about warranties for this thing. I'll investigate further in the morning and report back, just so everyone knows exactly what to expect.

14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ouch, that's a shame, hope you can get a component cable but if you can't standard definition is just fine too.

I am no expert on the subject but according to Copy+'s site Extract+ doesn't work with encrypted broadcasted channels, so unless Cartoon Network is free-to-air (they don't encrypt from free to air hd channels) it's not going to work fine, you'll just get an ecrypted file that can't be played on a computer. You could test it to see if it works or not but it's unlikely going off from their site information. You'd need a way to bypass the encryption.

If sadly nothing else works, I think it's possible record the show as it airs from SKY GO: Watch SKY online, it's Sky's tool for watching shows live from your computer and it works for any Sky subscriper though sadly the Sky Go service doesn't provide HD videos in fact it hs no support for HD anywhere even outside of New Zealand, but one could probably record what is happening on the computer screen as it airs if no other option works.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Well, I don't think that it even has component-out, but I'll check.

Also, a correction: Sky uses Macrovision, not HDCP. Same thing, basically, from what I understand.

I have no idea how they work their encryption, but CN is definitely not free-to-air (I wish). I'll definitely test it, though. SkyGO, last I checked, doesn't allow you to watch live TV. It's just a very shitty on-demand service that you can use to watch a few episodes later on after they've aired.
    Still, I'll check it to see what happens. If it shows up in HD on SkyGO (unlikely on both accounts), I should have little trouble getting it downloaded. In fact, that'd be my preferred solution, since I'm much better with that sort of thing than wrestling with encryption and copy protection.

Regardless, I'll be able to record the show and upload it, but it may not be in HD. All would be fine if I had a stripper for HDCP/Macrovision, but I don't and the only reliable ones are pricey. Anyway, I should get to bed, then I'll get up in the morning and test it out to see what I can achieve.

EDIT: Hmm, nope, it seems you were right about SkyGO. I'm going to look into that further today/tomorrow, too.

I'm sure no matter what, someone will come out with a better quality version than me at the same time, anyway, but just in case, I'll make sure the first two episodes are done at the very least.

16. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    TCJJ we really don't care about the quality I see you are making a great work just to have this series early so thanks you in advance! Until now you are the only one that I know that will record the chapters, I will wait and really it's ok the quality!!! :D 
    Primus bless your spark

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    So I have the best news: I'm sitting here with CN on (Teen Titans Go is on, so I'm testing it with that) and it works PERFECTLY over HD. The copy protection seems to prevent audio over HDMI, though, so I just use the Elgato's analog input. Problem solved!

Just for the record, it's being broadcast in 1080i @ 25fps (although Sky requires you to pay for HD versions of each channel if you want them, and I don't have CN in HD, so I don't know if it's actually broadcasting to ME in HD, but it looks good enough, if a bit dodgy).

Seripa, I can't record chapters as such, but if you actually want chapter markings, I can look into adding those in.

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yep, I was about to say that. Episode 1 airs at 9:30am tomorrow, then episode 2 is at 4:30pm. Episode 3 is in both time slots on Sunday, apparently.
    Not sure exactly how they'll manage it next week, but it'll probably air on Saturday morning then repeat in the afternoon and on Sunday. I'll check it.

If anyone wants, I can upload a sample of what I recorded just now so that you can see the quality.

19. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:

Haha, no problem. FYI, since it's Saturday NZ time, we're only about 14 hours away from the premiere. I'm going to get a little more practice with my editing software in so that I can get this uploaded as quick as possible. It shouldn't be hard, but I have stuff to edit for YouTube, anyway, so it's good practice. I'll also look into chapter markings.

20. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    TCJJ have I ever told you you are an awesome person? :)