The Official Sliders Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tigertrack, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there, this thread is only for those of us who loved/love the TV show Sliders.
    Haters of Sliders need not to post here.
    Discuss your favorite episode, favorite character, and your favorite world.
    When this show first aired on TV, I loved it so much, I named the dog I had back then after Quinn Mallory.

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I loved the first season, the 2nd much less so, I don't even remember if I watched the 3rd season and beyond.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I loved the show when it was on TV, but I confess that these may be rose-tinted memories. I was a teenager when the show was on, so it felt pretty awesome at the time, but I have not revisited that show in at least a decade.

I remember REALLY getting emotionally involved in the characters and their adventures. At the time I was naive to how serialized TV works, and I often watched fully believing today's episode would get our characters a happy ending. I remember being disappointed with Fox's cancellation, and thrilled when he premiered on the Sci Fi channel.

If memory serves, however, this was the series decline. The Sci Fi channel played up the Cromags (a universe-hopping alien race from the previous seasons) as the LEAD villains of the series, and the series became some kind of space opera. Gone was the fun show I used to like where our heroes get into a different world every week, replaced with a generic sci fi "we must defeat the oppressive alien empire" show. I stopped 2-3 episodes into Sci Fi's run.

4. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I loved that show... but I stopped watching after they started replacing the core cast.

5. Tigertrack

The show went down hill after they killed off the Professor and then when they lost Wade and Quinn.
    The only one who stayed with the show was Rimmy and I didn't care for his new friends.
    I don't remember seasons 3-4 that much, probably because like most TV shows after season two, they suck.
    Still, I got em all on Netflix and will try and watch as much as I can.
    The show started off as being believable, but when they introduced the Cromags, it went down hill from there. It was neat seeing San Fransisco as a National Security Prison, and seeing US taken over by the Russians.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The first couple seasons were strong then it became a clusterfuck.

Losing both mallories and merging them into one person was the stupidest fucking thing ever.

Season 4 was a complete joke and had nothing to do with the original point of the show.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Secret identity > sliders :p 

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

:thumbs2: 

I'm surprised someone else remembers that show.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I used to enjoy it but then it just vanished from schedules here in the UK and the next time I caught some of it on satellite ages later it was so changed I didn't feel it was worth trying to get back into it. I think I'd have to start right from the beginning again.

10. Tigertrack

I think only the first two and a half seasons are worth watching. The rest are only worth watching just to see if Rimmy finds his home world.
    I was saddened when they killed the professor. He was an awesome character.

11. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

My oldest daughter is named Wade. Me and her mom were fans of the show and when our daughter was born in '96 we still hadn't come up with a name and so we decided on Wade because of the show. We spelled it more traditionally though. If I remember right on the show it was spelled Waide.

12. Tigertrack

What episode was it when they actually lost Quinn Malory? The descriptions on Netflix don't really give good enough details.

13. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I used to love the show. Then stopped catching it for a bit and when I saw more, the Prof was gone and other characters had turned up and it just seemd like arse...