The official "Show Off Your Autograph Collection" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SHINOBI03, Feb 27, 2015.

1. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most likely not as I'm not as familiar with most of the guest list, though I'll keep an eye on it. I'm so way behind on my tv viewing that I haven't seen the shows like Arrow and Flash where most of them star in. I did like Karen Gillan in GOTG and Hayley Atwell in Captain America.

If you're thinking about going there's a groupon deal that you might be interested in for discounted admission.

2. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Sweet! Thanks for the groupon link! I just may take advantage of it.

I just want to see Danielle Panabaker from the Flash. Aside from that, it's good to check out a new convention. I've been to Wizard World and Big Wow, and they all seem kind of stale with the same guests and vendors.

I'm still kind of bent that WonderCon left SF. That was really the only good comic convention the Bay Area had.

3. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your welcome, if you go of course you have to show us the goodies you get from the convention!

Yes, I totally miss WonderCon, they really lied when they said it was just for that one year and that they'd be coming back. I guess it's easier for the movie stars if the convention is near LA but still it's a big blow. I went to the last one in Oakland before they moved to SF and then went to every show since before they left for good. SF used to have some smaller shows and some great comic book and toy stores, now it's almost all gone. :( 

4. Megatron

Megatron Peace through tyranny

no one likes my William Tokarsky signed photo? =(

5. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I commented on it in an earlier post (#77 in this thread). I must admit I wasn't familiar with "Too Many Cooks" - I know now that it was pretty popular so I must have been living on Mars at the time But now that I've caught up and seen it on youtube I must say that's a great memento from a surreal and dark short!

Autovolt 127 also commented on your photo so go back a bit and read :) 

6. Megatron

Megatron Peace through tyranny

I got your comment, just saw autovolt's comment, I missed that one

7. Sylent

I swallowed my pride and checked out Anaheim WonderCon for the first time last year with my comic squad and had a blast. I hate to admit it, but the venue in Anaheim is head and shoulders better than Moscone in SF; things just seemed so much brighter in Anaheim compared to the darkness of Moscone. That still doesn't make up for them lying to us for years and telling fans that the show would return to SF.

Get this- WonderCon is moving to Los Angeles for next year's show because of "renovation" to the convention center in Anaheim. Sound familiar?

8. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deju Vu all over again :)  I guess we're getting a replacement convention for Wondercon - Silicon Valley Comic Con, at San Jose in March 2016.

9. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's my Peter Cullen autographed collection, mostly Optimus Prime related of course, though someday I'd love to get classics or MP Ironhide signed.

The very first thing I got him to sign was my old G1 Prime trailer at Botcon 2009, the box however, is just a reproduction that I bought at the show to protect it for the journey home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the 20th Anniversary Movie DVD insert signed by Mr. Cullen, Frank Welker, Gregg Berger, Dan Gilvezan, Neil Ross, Sue Blu, Flint Dille and John Moschitta. Just need to track down Judd Nelson for Rodimus and Dave Mendenhall for Daniel.
    [​IMG]

This print was given out to preregistrants at Botcon 2004 in Pasadena, back then I didn't think of bringing anything for him to sign :( 
    [​IMG]

Wish I could have gone to Rhode Island comic con convention this weekend to meet Cullen and Welker again!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Allew, very nice collection of Cullen autographs. Will you be coming to botcon or tfcon this year?

Tbs

11. Sylent

^Cool deal on the Prime signatures! I was at that SacAnime Peter Cullen attended. I thought about getting some items signed myself, but he was charging WAY too much for my liking. I did sit in on his panel, though. Never knew he voiced Eeyore too.

12. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks tbs!

Unfortunately I just had to cancel my hotel room for Botcon next year, combination of bad timing and to me, lackluster boxset. Maybe I will try to swing for my 1st TFCON experience next year! How about you, going to both?

Sylent, it was indeed pricey, I'm glad I got a couple of autographs from him over the last couple of years before the rate shot up, just had to wait a long time in line for those! I knew about him voicing Eeyore, also enjoyed his Venger from Dungeons and Dragons. I remember he did some great animal and the Predator voices during his panel from Sac Anime. Are you planning on going to next year's Sac Anime Winter convention?

13. Sylent

Not sure yet. I'm not an anime guy, and I'm not really interested in any of the guests thus far besides the Falling Skies reunion. Additionally, New Years weekend really isn't a good time for conventions. I'm having a cosplay costume worked on, so it'll depend on if I can get that done in time.

I remember seeing that the admission price was like $21 for all 3 days before Halloween... or something like that. Now, it's close to $40. I should have paid more attention.

14. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    I'm planning on going to Botcon and both TFCONs next year.

Tbs

15. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Is this thread only for IP/TTM autos? I am an autograph collector but I'd say less than 0.01% I've gotten IP and none TTM.

16. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    Tripredacus I say post them.

Tbs

17. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    Ok I don't have a lot as photos so just a few for now. PS they are mainly sports related and I have HUNDREDs. Some I don't consider to be part of my collection so I won't post those.

For my favorite hockey player, Alexei Zhamnov, I have over 10 autos for him. Here is an 8x10:
    [​IMG]
    On replica Philadelphia Flyers jersey:
    [​IMG]

Phoenix Coyotes team autographed jersey from 2007-08 or 2008-09
    [​IMG]

Martin Erat game used/team issue Nashville Predators jersey
    [​IMG]

I'll have to take some pics of the other stuff. I've been meaning to do that anyways just never got around to it yet.

18. Sylent

^Cool deal! Did you have all of those autographed by the players or did you buy them that way?

19. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a huge anime guy either, though I did watch Attack on Titan - so I might get a poster signed by the announced guests. The thing is, they are from the American dub but I only watched the original Japanese subtitled. The fall guest list this year was great (cast of Korra, Futurama) but yeah next year's is not as strong for me, hopefully they'll pull in some more names.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your hauls! If any of the conventions can snag Corey Burton (Shockwave) or Judd Nelson I'll be there no matter what!

Sweet! Do you have a favorite team in particular? Any San Jose Sharks autographs?

20. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    No as I said almost none were IP. The only ones I have that are IP are Derek Smith and Larry Playfair.

Favorite teams are Sabres and Coyotes. I have Sharks autos on cards.