The Official Shia LaBeouf Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by nightboomfer, Sep 6, 2007.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    That's guy's a brilliant actor. A completely mind-blowing feeling!

2. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Brilliant"? Seriously? Aren't actors, especially "brilliant" ones, supposed to have-- oh, I don't know-- range?

Maybe I'm just missing the subtle nuances between the snotty wiseacre he played on Even Stevens, the snotty wiseacre in I, Robot, Constantine's snotty wiseacre, the wiseacre with the snotty attitude in Disturbia, and his tour de force as the snotty kid cracking wise in TFTM07...

I understand that the guy must have some appeal, but I just don't understand what it is.

I'm genuinely curious. I don't mean to offend, but, to me, him simply being described solely as "brilliant" is just perplexing. Please, any Shia LeBeouf fans here, describe his appeal. I'm not trying to flame anybody. I really just don't get the guy at all.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ dude makes a good point.

but his personality definitely contributed to the feel and success of TFTM07. pretty hard press to find somebody else within his age range with charisma to pull it off.

think of how much T2 wouldve been if it wasnt ed furlong.

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like LaBeouf, I remember watching Even Stevens when I was younger, and I also recall wondering "Where do I recognise that guy" when watching I, Robot. Holes is superb too, and not to mention he really held his own against the likes of Optimus Prime and Megatron in Transformers.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I say Judd Nelson/ DB Sweeney in that they were in a bunch of movies for their time in the spotlight, and then pretty much just dissappeared once their stars faded. I just picked those name out of a big hat, but I coulda used a ton of 80s teen/young adult actors.

And decent Judd Nelson movies are
    New Jack City
    St. Elmo's fire
    The Breakfast Club

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:

if by "singer" you meant "dirty 19 year old tramp", then yes.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

No I mean singer, not tramp. Just because women like to enjoy sex too or they are famous doesn't automatically make them tramps or sluts.

8. MeGrimlockKing

MeGrimlockKing Combining is for sissies

Yeah...um...can't stand him. Couldn't stand him when my little sister watched Even Stevens, and I really can't stand him now that he ate up 90% of the damn movie just TALKING. He never stops talking! Everyone's talking about how he's so good at different roles but...hello? He plays the same character in EVERYTHING. Line up all his movie appearances (minus Disturbia, I haven't seen that one, so I obviously cannot comment on it), and they're interchangable. I, Robot? Constantine? Transformers? SAME CHARACTER! He just had way more screen time in TF.

Less idiot chatty Kathy, more 'Bots in the sequel!

9. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Easily the best actor in the film, I never believed for one second that he wasn't being chased by giant killing machines (then again, when you're on the set of a Michael Bay film, it's probably not that hard to look scared, considering everything around you is blowing up).

But Shia has alot of charm. He acts so convincingly, the way he stutters and moves clumsily when he's trying to keep the Autobots hidden from his folks... He's very likeable unlike some of the other male leads in other action movies (Tobey McGuire... ugh...). He's so great, I love the scenes with Sam as much as the scenes with the robots, and if you can steal a scene away from friggin' OPTIMUS PRIME, that's saying something about a young actor.

Honestly, I can't imagine any other actor playing Sam now. I was sceptical about alot of things leading up to this movie, but Shia's acting ability was never one of them. I was always convinced he'd do one hell of a job!

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No freakin way!

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Who cares? She´s hot either way.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I like Shia!!! They couldn't have chosen a better guy to play Sam Witwicky.

13. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

He made a great job in the movie, he protrayed perfectly Sam's emotions. I love that scene when he meets Barricade in police car mode. His screams really say I'm scared!!!

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I love that scene too! It's one of the best parts of the movie.

15. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

Its probably already been said, but I cant read. I am only at the beginning of hookd on fonnix,

HE IS GOING TO BE INDIANA JONES's SON!