The Official Shia LaBeouf Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by nightboomfer, Sep 6, 2007.

1. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

What do you think? We've got a million topics on Megan Fox... possibly a good percentage of those are about her ass. Let's talk about Shia!

I used to watch Even Stevens. I thought he was really good in Holes.

Discuss.

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Props to him, he's dating Rihanna :thumb 

3. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Wooow. Now there's a shocker.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He was good in Disturbia too.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's spelt "LaBeouf"! Admin, please change!

6. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Well, well, somebody finally made one.

[Nods Sagely]

'Tis a good day for a new discussion.

___________________​

Back when, before he became the new "It-Boy" (comapred to every other seasoned Actor wth dark hair; Cusack, Hoffman, and Hanks. WTF???) and everyone wanted be his Hollywood Buddy, Shia LaBeouf irritated me to great lengths, simply because my brother loved watching Even Stevens. The two were nearly itdentical in the havoc they caused and misery they wrought upon older sibblings and fellow parents.

I wanted to strangle Louis Stevens within an inch of his life, yet he made me laugh. (But I suppose that just mean LaBeouf was either a very convincing actor or a truly irritating little boy.)

I forgot all about him until they started advertising that movie Battle of Shaker Heights, and realized I couldn't pronounce his name and declaired it a girly name. I intend to watch this film, I'm curious.

Then he starred in movies such as Holes, I, Robot and Constantine (whose characters Farber and Chaz Kramer were oddly similiar) and I suddenly wanted to see more of him, because I thought he was so great.

And while movies like the Greatest Game Ever Played, Bobby, and Surf's Up (curse you movie-penguins-fad!) never appealed to me, Disturbia further convinced me that he was one of the few great actors of his age currently. I just hope he learns to pick movies where his characters aren't so smiliar, that he keeps away from Teen-Movies as well too.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    he's definitely got a lot of talent and he's great with improv. he totally blew me away in Disturbia, and he did well in TF, despite the moderately lame script. i see him doing great things.

8. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

shia is the man. ..............i sense from his pheremones that he wants to mate with the woman

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    He apported a lot of carisma to the movie. Kudos for him!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He's deffinately my favorite young actor. He can basicaly adapt seemlessly to any role.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't seen Disturbia, but I thought he was very good in Constantine. And he was excellent as Sam.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Uh..who?

Since I'm not a 13-year-old girl, I'd never even heard of Even Stevens until..this year, really. That show has been name-dropped in practically every article about Disturbia and TFs, and he didn't garner this much press before now. I read/saw Holes pretty much just 'cause Sachar has Austin connections, and thought 'this new kid' was pretty good in the role. Liked his supporting role in I, Robot and Constantine, though they were essentially the same character.
    I still haven't seen Disturbia, but it's on my short list. He was thoroughly enjoyable in TFs though. Every other actor I can think of that's around that age that could have theoretically been in the role is pretty cringeworthy.

13. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

He's had two stand out performances in bad movies. Definitely a talented kid, however, he seems to be playing the same role over and over again. he was very good in "Bobby" where he played a young campaign volunteer who takes lsd and goes loopy. Nice comedic performance.

14. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Got it.

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He plays the exact same character in everything he's ever been in... which could be forgivable if the character he played wasn't "Mr. Annoying D-Bag".

He's the worst thing about every movie he's ever been in, even though there was plenty in TFTM07 vying for a close #2.

I shudder at the thought of him being in Indy 4.

Other than that, he's great... :) 

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

He's okay...I liked his performances in TF, Constantine, and TGGEP, but I get a Judd Nelson/DB Sweeney vibe from him.

For those not in the know...she's a singer.

[​IMG]

17. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

ftl.............................................................................................................................................no he's ok thats all.

18. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

qft

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Don'tJudgeMeMonkey, say whaaaa? I'm really gonna have to watch a movie with Judd Nelson in it (are any of them with him in them, aside from TF:TM86, any good by the way?) and try not to stare at his nose, but I don't see anything in him that reminds me of DB Sweeny in way shape or form (can you believe I get him confused with Edward Burns and David Morse. *Shakes head*). But that's just me.

How in the world did he score Rihanna (wasn't he dating that chick from Gilmore Girls one time? The daughter not the mother?) Was she bored or something? Not that's its hard.... I guess.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    damn nerdboy got some pull