The Official Rock Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, May 18, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I know this might not be the best idea because Rock is such a broad genre, but I figure this way the thread will be kept alive much longer.

I'm actually looking to broaden my music library a bit, and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I happen to be interested in AC/DC, KISS, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Guns 'n' Roses, Journey, and Queen. I know that there are so many other good bands out there though, and thus is the purpose of this thread, to spread the Gospel of Rock 'n' Roll.

So, what do you listen to?

2. AutobotSkids

Tried out some Metallica and more Van Halen and I like what I hear!

3. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try some Dropkick Murphys. Foster the People is a bit Alternative, but their Pumped up Kicks song is awesome. Zepplin is also awesome. If you like intense classical guitar, try Santana.

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I listen to a pretty broad range of rock music.Starting way back with Led Zeppelin,KISS,AC/DC,then through the "hair metal" bands like Poison,Cinderella,Motley Crue,Guns n' Roses.Throw in some heavy metal like Metallica,Megadeth,and White Zombie.These days a few of my favorites are Mudvayne,Static-X,and Seether.

5. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

rob zombie and elvis presley

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm into all that stuff - excellent. Deep Purple, Rainbow, Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden all have places of honor on my iPod. I'm a big fan of the Hair Nation channel on XM, too - grew up when the hair bands were king.

I'd say KISS is my favorite.

I've lately been interested in the symphonic metal genre - mostly Amberian Dawn, but I've heard and appreciated Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Delain. I stumbled onto that whole style of music when a friend played Epica's version of the "Imperial March" for me.

Another friend introduced me to a band called Ra, that had some pretty good stuff. They had an excellent cover of "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" - and if you like that, try the Police on for size.

I have a pretty wide taste in music actually - if you look at my iPod, you see it going all the way from Led Zeppelin to the Beatles to Elvis to KISS to Ozzy to Pantera to Miley Cyrus (you can only listen to it with your daughter so long before it gets in your head :D ) to Run DMC to the Beastie Boys, ad nauseum ad infinitum.

Just no country, hip-hop, or what passes for "pop" these days.

7. AutobotSkids

I'll give it a go!

8. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

Trivium, Dir En Gray, Nightmare, Apocolyptica, Metallica