The Official Next Transformers Series Speculation, Hopes & Wishes Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Apr 8, 2009.

1. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

A show that involves them (the producers) randomly showing up at my door and hiring me both for voice-work and artwork...>_>

Seriously: I've mentioned it before, and so has someone else. A show with a completely fresh cast would be nice, rather than more redesigning of the same characters. Maybe bring in classic characters once in a while as something to move along the story or something.
    I don't know. I haven't given it too much thought. The 'fresh cast' bit is the only part I really wanted to mention.

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not particular as long as its just well written. That so important.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go along with that.

4. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

The writing and the look are important. Make it serious with a slight dash of comedy.
    Also, I may regret saying it, but maybe its time to have some new TFs on the block. Let Optimus, Megatron/Galvatron and their legendary followers go out on top.

Instead of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and all those again which will be compared, scrutinised and flamed on just like any other version over the years, give us new and exciting versions.
    New names, new characters, etc. For all the claims that each show is trying to be unique, they all fall back to G1 for names and characters.
    Keeping the faction names and logos are OK, but change the origins, change the circumstances for their Earth bound war and invent entirely new characters.
    Use realistic CG/anime style modelled on 'Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex' or even better 'Yukikaze', heck go all the way to make it unique, interesting, mature and above all - NEW.

...still, it'd be damn hard to convince them to redo the entire bot line up after the success of the characters in the films.

5. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree.

6. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    three words

animated beast wars

7. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know the comics have explored this..

Transformers On Cybertron.. screw the humans.

Im also for the G1 reboot.

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has invested too much in the most well-known characters to retire them. There's always new children they can introduce these characters to.

They went with almost completely new names and characters for Beast Wars, only because the Transformers as a whole was in danger of being permanently cancelled after G2.

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

:lol 

10. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I'd like to see something with Beast Wars type animation. That type of tech has made great strides since the series ended & Beast Machines began (and yes I loved Beast Machines too), so I think a new series of it would be killer. I'm torn though on story. Personally, I'd jump to a resounding YES for a Transtech series, yet at the same time a new tale/reboot might be in order. Something where Megatron is missing, Optimus has passed the Matrix and leads a council on Cybertron, which leaves both heavy hitters present in series, but not focused. You can have a new Prime, new characters, older ones, new stories. Maybe it could go something like, Optimus is a retired veteran and current general on the council of Cybertron, the Great Wars over for cybertronian centuries. Megatron has long lived on the outskirts of the galaxy in an empire per a treaty of truce that left the Autobots to recover and the Decepticons to fortify. The move wasn't done on either side with respect to actual peace, but more to preserve the species. Earth, long left on its own per the treaty, is focused on secretly by Megatron to aquire resources for what should be a surprise attack on Cybertron to rightfully reclaim the planet in the name of the Decepticons. To the tyrant's surprise Earth is at a special civil war of its own. Humans battle in wars but in giant mech suits that have thier own consciousness, or from afar where various kinds of robots do the dirty work of war for them. The robots, few and far inbetween, are gathering with the wish to live their own robotic lives rather than be slaves to the humans (most of whom are that great of people). Megatron reforms himself to move amongst the people/robots and begins gathering forces while working to pit human nations against one another. In a rather decisive battle, the robots act and turn on their masters. The moment Decepticons show up in battle, cloaked orbital bouys activate a signal to warn Cybertron. Optimus, no longer a Prime - the Matrix passed, sends his Autobot Elite to Earth not knowing Megatron is present as of yet. Later when known Optimus himself embarks. The initial Bots would be led by a new Prime of no prior name. No Nova, Prima, Sentinel, Rodimus, Vector, etc. Megatron, drum roll please, would be a gun. Bang. Futuristic but recognizable hard ammo pistol that utilizes a combination of Earthen mech tech and Decepticon supriority in wartech to become (in pistol mode) a power source within a larger Con body that transforms from robot to tank-thing. The pistol mode would be utilized by a hardlight holographic avatar generated by Megs. The only pistol piece for the toy would be a handheld sized one for the two avatar figures that come in Megatron's pack. One of a high ranking/decorated human official/officer and one of an Earthen robot of some trade be it slave or war. It's got all sorts of shtuff in thar. And the look would be more traditional. Not purely blocky, and not like Bayformers to avoid confusion on the part of the casual watcher, but more traditional. IDW meets television-brand-CG, "futuristic it up" to taste. Or Transtech. I could, again, love me some Transtech.

11. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Them actually made of metal not plastic....

12. LagunaL8

LagunaL8 It's MOVIN'!! いざトイレへ!!

Ebay:
    Anything as long as they dont look like the warped up kiddy animation series they look like now with the ginormous chins... or the movie versions where all the main decepticons basically look like a mix of twigs, rocks, and bigger twigs, in an insect form.... They look mechanically 'cool' yes, I would admit that if it were some other series it was based on.
    Id like to see more TF anime like series.... again. I remember the crowd went wild when they reverted 2-3 second shots to anime in the Energon series...

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm now thinking they might as well go nuts with the names and really mix things up. Hasbro doesn't care about most of them anyway, just Optimus and Megatron.

For example, how about making Red Alert a Decepticon who transforms into a giant warship. Make Starscream a ninja who leads a third-party clan. Grimlock can be some kind of weird grim reaper character who is perhaps a self-professed agent of Primus(think Spectre).

I mean, if every new continuity isn't supposed to be related to G1 at all, then why keep ANY elements of G1? We had our fill of homages in Animated. Either remake G1, or make something brand new. Enough of this "he's kinda sorta like the old one but it's not supposed to be him" garbage.

14. Hand Of Omega

I can't see why they can't, but its down to won't really isn't it? Shame, I'm hanging out as well. The closest I can get is RID.

Too true. I agree. But, if we're changing the alt modes and factions, just make new names anyway. Except for OP and Megs I suppose.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Yeah, a lot of Hasbro's "core audience" (in other words, little kids >.<), doesn't care about all the old stuff. They just want to see the cool transforming robots fight, and most don't even get the homages to the beloved G1 characters in Animated. Knowing Hasbro, they could ditch all of the basics and still make good money from the little kids, yet the "true fans" (pains me to type it) will stone them at Botcon.

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    New names would be ideal, but I thought it would be too cost prohibitive or something like that.

17. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Simple, "a good one".

18. Hand Of Omega

They'd have to pay for the branding and printing of the new packaging either way. The only point would be to make it seem like an 'alternate universe TF' to attract the older fans of G1/BW/RID/Armada/etc.
    Who knows, maybe there is a whole department there paid to come up with the names so they just recycle the old names to save paying them! :lol 

19. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Can you define good? ;) 

20. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

I probably want an alternate sidestory anime of TF with older vehicles and WW1 or WW2 styled vehicle modes...Like a cross between Sky Crawler and Macross Zero animations would be instant awesome!