The Official Next Transformers Series Speculation, Hopes & Wishes Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Apr 8, 2009.

1. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    Any thoughts, hints, unofficial talk?

Personally, I'd like to see an a cartoon series dedicated to the Classics/ Universe. But who knows. Please share.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you'd have better luck finding out something from the Pentagon than you would from Hasbro or anyone else at this point. Hasbro seems in full movie mode right now and totally unwilling to even drop hints about anything outside of the movie related things.

So it's a bit up in the air as to if there is more to Animated after this season or if that's over with. No hints yet about what might replace Animated if the end really is near.

Sort of like the idea of something Classics/Universe style so they wouldn't have the problem again of where they can have a character and where they can't. I love Animated but it can be annoying some times having three different toy lines that don't display well together. If we got a Classics/Universe style series at least we'd only have to worry about two toy lines then. I'm sure we'd still have cartoon only and movie only characters but it's still better than cartoon, universe, and movie only characters.

Maybe by Bot Con they will be willing to let loose on some information, but right now your guess is as good any one else.

3. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    True. I think we're all in movie mode, and probably will be until November or so. I do hope that they are kicking something around that is classic universe related though.

4. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see something new.

A fresh restart.

In a world where Humans and Transformers have coexisted for centuries. Basically, both live with each other and that's just the way it's always been. Change the mythos a bit. Then you can have bad humans that team up with bad Transformers, and good people with god transformers.

I guess this idea would behoove Pretenders and master-series fans. But basically it would be a ultra futuristic society, similar to animated, but everyone has a transformer buddy.

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

how about a series that starts at the beginning? rather than have the origins fleshed out in flashbacks, start with the quints or whichever origin story you prefer, and go from there. let's see the overthrow of the quints, and the seemingly golden age of cybertron. let's see the fallout between autobots and decepticons, the development of the 'art of transformation,' and the rise of megatron and prime to the top of their factions. THEN let's take the story to earth. maybe it could take hints from IDW.

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:

This I like. I've always been a fan of the myhtology in TF, but its so scarce. If not this, I want to see something completely new. Something with a brand new cast would be awesome.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being realistic, I would say a spinoff from the movie franchise that wouldn't hurt whatever happens in the films continuity. Similar to "the real" Ghostbusters cartoon back in the day. Something with Prime and a small group of bots leading a strike force against random decepticons on earth and maybe have a main antagonist like Starscream that frequently shows up.

I would love a universe based cartoon or a origins cartoon, but as always, that would be doubtful.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Rumor and whispers state something movie-related, as apparently Hasbro really wants to use Movie 2 as a springboard to launch a movie continuity based series, in order to really take kids by the ears and force-feed them moviemoviemovie, translating to dollarsdollarsdollars.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kinda suprised they didn't do that the first time.

I'd love to see a show that has the robots in disguise stay in disguise hell it seems they cant get past episode 1 with out blowing their cover these days

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it's something Movieverse related. Like Kickback said Hasbro knows Movie stuff= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Personally, I'd like something NEW. NO G1 characters or homages outside of Optimus and Megatron which I totally understand are mainstays.

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'm sure this will NEVER be accomplished but...I think it would be the greatest thing ever if there was a live-action Transformers TV series, using designs similar to the Bay movies but with faces that look a bit more G1. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I still love the movie designs and am not really a fan of G1 but I respect fans of the original show. However, the reason why a live-action TV series wouldn't be possible is because the studio would need a Rosie O'Donnel sized budget just to make one whole season.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It'd be kind of like Sentai/Power Rangers. hehe

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    a live action tf series could work... you'd see the bots for all of 2 episodes though in the season finale two parter.

The rest of the time they'd be in 'alt' mode talking and hiding in with their teenaged friends.

Which probably wouldn't be the worst show in the world.

14. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I don't think the movie-verse bots would translate well to cartoons. They'd have to simplify them so much they'd probably barely resemble themselves...But kids are really dumb these days so it could work anyhow;) 

15. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    There's another reason why this wouldn't work. What you've just proposed is a live action show starring...animation :D  . That's why we have animated shows ;)  . I mean why go to all the trouble of getting a studio, building sets, filming them, empty of actors (except maybe a crowd running away) then adding all the charactors, movement, dialog, action...everything.

What I'd most like to see is a show set between G1 S2 and G1 movie. You could show Ultra Magnus leading a small resistance group, and Elita-1 with hers, both fighting Shockwave who's calculating behind Megatrons back. Then the Decepticons finally return to conquer Cybertron, while Prime and the others try to regroup on Earth. Seems like there's a wealth of stories there waiting to be told. Plus you could easily incorporate any charactor you want. Everyone, except those (re-)created by Unicron, seemed to be present on Cybertron at the start of S3. Even use the universe models for the charactors. That's what I've always wanted.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd personally like to see something on the level of Star Wars, with armies of Decepticons all across the galaxy, and tiny bands of Autobots in a loose-knit alliance fighting a losing battle against them.

Though the Movieverse might be interesting, if it runs with the idea of "Decepticons hiding in the far reaches of Earth, Autobots and their human allies are hunting the Decepticons who are slowly organising into a real threat".

Could be fun. Plus it could do a "Decepticon of the week" format to keep the Decepticons threatening, and show how the Autobots rely on their skill and teamwork to win fights. Heck, follow the Movie continuity and introduce some all-new Autobots and have them learn the ropes on Earth, with Ironhide as their drill sergeant and Bumblebee with his human friends teaching them how to live on Earth and blend in.

17. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

if they did a movieverse series they should have the character designer for MIB the series do designs for this show

18. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    Sounds almost like G2 Prime's scattered unit vs the Cybertronian Empire

19. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    Or G Savior

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not sure if a cartoon like the movie would be the best idea in the world. Some franchises have pulled it off and you could almost argue the Clone Wars cartoon at times is better than the Clone Wars era films. But there must be some reason why the cartoons and movie are so different in most franchises.

I'd give a movie related cartoon a shot, but it would really have to be different than the movie since Animated has sort of sold me on how cool it takes a super villain type human to put on scratch on the Decepticons because normal humans and weapons don't cut it. Maybe replace Sam with a younger human since I'm guessing a cartoon will be mainly aimed at the kids but not something only kids could enjoy.