The Official Help Me Complete My Bayformers Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShiroPrime, Mar 5, 2011.

1. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

WAS going to wait for DOTM toyline to come out before making this thread, but being stuck in this rat-hole has made me bored so the hell with it. This is also for whoever is trying to do what I'm doing.

I am currently on a mission to complete three toylines that redefined the (IMO) Transformers. Classics-Past; Movies-Present; and POSSIBLY Prime-Future. The problem? I need a bit of help with the Movie line as they keep releasing different molds of certain characters, I've lost track.

What I am looking for, are all characters that have gotten ANY screen time in the movies; I am also aiming for screen-accuracy. As hopeless as it is, I am also trying to go for scale, the sizes I would like are Scouts/Legends, Deluxe, and Voyagers.

Movie Figures I currently own are: BB Optimus Prime; HFTD The Fallen; BB Bumblebee; Movie 1 Blackout; ROTF Voyager Starscream; ROTF Deluxe Rampage (yellow); ROTF Voyager Demolisher (red); ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe; Movie 1 Premium Deluxe Jazz; ROTF Deluxe Soundwave; and BB Bumblebee.

Concerning HA figures, I WILL be getting Soundwave whenever he's released, but as for everyone else, I'm really on the fence. How do the HA figures match up to BB Optimus in scale? Should I really get HA Bumblebee? I've really gotten attatched to my BBB.

Re-iterating my statement, I'm only aiming for all the characters that have gotten ANY screen time, regardless of how they look (movie 1 metal voyager Megatron).

This thread will be updated as different figs are released. I will eventually make a thread on BW. Thanks for the help all! :thumb 

2. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

Premium iron hide?

3. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

How does Premium Ironhide compare to the ROTF Voyager?

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Tons more movie accurate, same mold.

5. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

*Sigh* And here I thought that the canons on ROTF Ironhide were more accurate. *walks off to get Premium Ironhide back from TFSource*

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If youre going for screen accuracy there's a few in that list I would replace. I do the same thing you're doing so here's what I have/want/recommend

Optimus - ROTF leader
    Jazz - movie 1 deluxe
    BB - battle blades bumblebee
    Ironhide - upcoming Dotm leader
    Ratchet - movie 1 voyager
    Sideswipe - rotf deluxe
    Skids & mudflap - ROTF Deluxes and the ice cream truck
    Arcee - unreleased legends figures from the Sideways Sneak Attack
    Jolt - ROTF deluxe
    Jetfire - ROTF leader
    Wheelie - ROTF Legends
    Sentinel Prime - upcoming DOTM leader
    Roadbuster - upcoming DOTM deluxe
    Topspin - upcoming DOTM deluxe

Decepticons
    Megatron - up to you, I prefer the ROTF leader
    Starscream - HFTD leader
    Soundwave - ROTF deluxe
    Bonecrusher - movie 1 deluxe
    Blackout - movie 1 voyager
    Brawl - movie 1 leader
    Barricade - movie 1 deluxe
    Frenzy - the one that comes with deluxe OR HA Barricade
    Scorponok - deluxe or the one that comes with Blackout
    Ravage - HFTD legends
    Demolishor - white version from Tru two pack w/ ice cream twins
    Rampage - red version. Either deluxe single or one that comes with TRU exclusive with Ravage & BB
    Longhaul - ROTF voyager
    Mixmaster - ROTF voyager
    Sideways - ROTF deluxe
    Fallen - ROTF voyager
    Devastator - ROTF supreme
    Shockwave - DOTM voyager
    Crankcase - Dotm deluxe

Whew, that's all I can think of so far. I never got any premium figures, so others here may have different opinions about certain characters. But for me the original releases are fine

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I have to say I think you're really doing your collection a disservice if you exclude the Leaders, as some of the best movieverse TFs are Leaders in my opinion (ROTF Prime, HftD Starscream). But it's your collection, so whatever makes you happy!

Apart from that, I'd say you should upgrade your Jazz to the HA one. It's the best HA figure (and pretty much all of them are excellent) and remarkably improves upon the Deluxe.

You have to get Leader Jetfire if you want the character in your display, unless you want to throw a Legends one (or Robot Replicas, Speed Stars, or FAB, which you didn't mention) in there.

HA Barricade is the best figure of the character, and comes with Frenzy.

Good choice with BBBB. Ignore ever other Bayverse Bee.

Good call with HftD Fallen as well. It's far superior to the original Voyager.

Legends Ravage is the best version of the character, and is nicely scaled with Deluxe Soundwave as well.

If you're gonna stick to Voyagers as the largest class, get ROTF Megs to go with BB Prime and ROTF Screamer. Also get Mixmaster - epic Voyager with an insanely irritating transformation. Long Haul is wintastic also.

Get the Shanghai Showdown TRU set and you'll have an accurate Demolishor and the Twins in a better scale than their Deluxes or HAs.

Try to get ahold of a red Deluxe Rampage - the NEST single carded one, or the Rampage Among the Ruins set also had one.

If it ever gets released at a discount chain or something, the Sideways Sneak Attack set will land you a Sideways with epic deco and all three bike sisters in Legends size. Much closer to scale than the Deluxes.

I prefer the NEST Deluxe Ratchet because of its aesthetics, but a lot of people prefer the Voyager that's been redecoed a hundred times. You may want to hold off til DOTM to see if there are any better ones in that line, especially if you prefer the character's new paint job.

Scalpel is necessary if you want the little Doctor in your display, but I've got mine hiding behind Supreme Devastator (a combiner I like that most people hate, which you need for screen appearance completion unless you want to go way out of scale with the Legends) on my ROTF Decepticon table because it's a horrid figure.

Legends Wheelie is a cool little figure and better scaled than the Deluxe, obviously.

Get Deluxe Bonecrusher because it's doubtful a larger one will ever get made.

For screen accuracy, the closest Jolt so far is the first Deluxe.

Grindor (a repaint of the Blackout you already have) was in the forest battle, so there's a repaint you need for screen appearance completeness.

If you don't want to get Leader Brawl, you need to decide if you want more screen accurate deco on the regular Deluxe, or a more well constructed figure with inaccurate deco (ROTF Deep Desert Brawl).

I hope some of that gives you food for thought!

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I agree with this. I'm not here to tell you what you should do, but I can't imagine my own screen accurate movie line up without leaders in it.

Seeing as I too go for the most screen accurate version of each charcater who appeared in the movies, here is my list of what is on my shelf (where the just the name is shown, it's the original Hasbro release):

Buster Prime (leader)
    Premium Ironhide (voyager)
    Metallic Ratchet (voyager)
    Premium Bumblebee (deluxe)
    Premium Jazz (deluxe)
    Arcee (deluxe)
    Chromia (deluxe)
    Takara Autobot Alliance Elita-1 (deluxe)
    Sideswipe (deluxe)
    Jolt (deluxe)
    Jetfire (leader)
    Skids (deluxe)
    Mudflap (deluxe)
    Shanghai Showdown Ice Cream Truck Skids & Mudflap (deluxe)
    Longarm - vehicle mode (deluxe)
    Landmine - vehicle mode
    Wheelie (legends)
    Bumblebee - 70s Camaro vehicle mode (deluxe)

RotF Megatron (leader)
    Starscream (leader)
    The Fallen (voyager)
    Brawl (leader)
    Devastator (supreme)
    Grindor (voyager)
    Long Haul (voyager)
    Soundwave (deluxe)
    Ravage (legends)
    Stockade - vehicle mode (deluxe)
    Takara black Incinerator - vehicle mode (voyager)
    Demolishor - vehicle mode (voyager)
    Takara white Demolishor (voyager)
    Premium Barricade (deluxe)
    Rampage - vehicle mode (deluxe)
    Bonecrusher (deluxe)
    Frenzy (human alliance)
    Takara Desert Combat Rampage (deluxe)

...the only one I can't decide on is Blackout. I have both the normal and premium versions and totally cannot choose which one to use for display.

HELP!

9. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Thanks everyone that replied! Definately gonna look into these figs. I forgot to make mention that I do indeed own the following leaders: Original ROTF Prime; Jetfire; Premium Movie 1 Megatron; ROTF Megatron, and HFTD Starscream. I probably will be picking up Ironhide and Sentinel (the latter being a definite) because the leaders are awesome in their own respective ways.

I wanted to go with the smaller sizes, because it started look a bit overkill having Prime tower above the Fallen; or being a bit ridiculous surrounded by equally-sized Megatron and Starscream, but an itty-bitty Blackout.

In comparison to BB Optimus, how do the HA figures measure up in real-life size porportions? How much bigger are they from regular deluxes? Thanks all!

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The HA figures are monstrously oversized when compared to BB Optimus for scale. I'd estimate that in general an HA figure is about 150% the size of the Deluxe version of the same character.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I recomend:

Leader ROTF Prime
    Deluxe Bonecrusher
    Voyager Blackout or Grindor
    Deluxe DoTM Barricade
    Voyager Long Haul
    Voyager Mixmaster
    Voyager Ratchet
    Voyager Ironhide
    Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee
    Legends Ravage
    1st Movie Arcee
    Deluxe Landmine/Armorhide
    Deluxe Jazz
    Deluxe Ice Cream twins
    Deluxe Jolt
    Leader Brawl
    Deluxe Sidearm Sideswipe
    Voyager Bludgeon
    Deluxe Dropkick
    Deluxe Sideways
    And thats about all I can recomend.

12. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Awesome, thanks for the help! While it's a bit disconcerting that the HA figures are oversized, and yet comforting that I won't have to drop 30 on ANOTHER Sideswipe fig.

To whoever wishes to use this thread, feel free to do so.