The Official Five Nights at Freddy's Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by agentSAP2006, Oct 16, 2014.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I figured as much. But I still see the scariness aspect flaunted and to me, I can't see it as scary so much as suspenseful like you say.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^Some people find that more scary then others. People have different things that they're scared of so what's not scary to you is downright terrifying to others and that's normal.

3. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Personally I'm more interested in watching people react to the horror than I am in the horror itself.

That said, whether the jump scares are still scary or not, these things are still creepy, but more for the fact that I find animatronics in general creepy. These things just take it to uncanny valley levels instead of normal creepy.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I think the suspense is what does it for me too. I was watching a play through my little sister brought to me and we had the volume pretty low, and I was still uneasy just from the suspense of knowing the things were coming (and the uploader was fairly clueless).

I will say that I think the lore is pretty scary stuff at times. A serial killer luring children to a violent death, a company so greedy they just mop up the mess if a worker is killed, and of course the older brother and his friends literally bullying his little brother to death in the worst way possible. That's some pretty screwed up shit, definitely scary if you ask me. :lol 

I'm still afraid of Bonnie honestly. It's face is so unsettling. Especially when it's leaning into the office just lazily grinning at you, with an "Oh you poor baby, don't get up, you're already dead" look.

Funny story: I was telling my great uncle about the game and he was like, "I've seen a lot of shit in my 70 years, I ain't scared of shit, 'specially no bunny at Chuck E. Cheese's!"

So he asked to see Bonnie and I googled him. He saw a picture of the part of the Jumpscare when Bonnie hasn't opened his mouth yet. My grunkle says, "... Huh. Well. That is kinda scary shit!" :lol 

5. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

:lol :

6. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

FNAF I never felt was really scary, though those jumpscares do give me enough of a shock that I avoid them. I agree it's definitely the suspense that does it.

When you're playing, you're filled with a sense of dread, that feeling of impending doom, that only gets worse as time goes on. Eventually, you start scaring yourself more than the game does, racking your brain to figure out what you can do, and start making mistakes.

7. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is pretty much exactly it. The jumpscares themselves aren't scary, the game just gets you paranoid so that when the jumpscares happen they startle you.

Not to mention how with the exception of the third game the Jumpscares aren't part of the actual gameplay in a sense- they're part of the game over screen.

8. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

I can't help but wonder if a horror house/park will one day make an attraction based on this game. That'd be neat.

9. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Harley Quinn's been FNAFified!

10. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

So, I got the first Five Nights at Freddy's on mobile. Despite a couple of deaths along the way, I pretty much swam through it despite all the creep factor. Then I hit the fifth night, and I am stumped. Closest I've got to winning was 5:00, and Chica just had to sabotage my door. Makes sense that the fifth night would be the most difficult. There any strategies to beating night five?

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Some quick tips:

-Camera wise you need to only check on Foxy and Freddy. You can keep Foxy at bay by being in the cameras for a decent amount of time. Also check on Freddy rather occasionally as he won't move if you are watching him closely.

-Listen for audio cues. If you hear foot steps check your lights, or if you have checked on Bonnie or Chica take note of what position they may be heading.

-If you hear robotic noises, it means Bonnie or Chica are outside your door and be ready to check your lights when you hear them stop.

-To save power, don't use your lights unless you hear footsteps and try not to check the lights when the doors are shut and wait until you hear footsteps moving away.

Those are some quick tips, I can give you.

12. Edwardmus Prime

Thanks for the tips. I managed to beat night five after some trial and goofs using these as my guide.

Now having played the game all the way through, I can truly praise its ability to set a mood and induce paranoia, despite what might seem like a simple gameplay style.

13. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Newest picture on the website. Not too sure who this animatronic is.

14. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

This must be their version of the puppet.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Looks like a mixture of the Puppet and Mangle.

16. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    "There's a little of me in every body."

17. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Any of you been getting any of the figures? I would love some mods for spring trap so he's as posable as the others, those darn shoulder pads are in the way of his joints, but gluing it on the arm part ruins the accuracy, so I need some alternative...

18. Edwardmus Prime

That's pretty spooky, but I actually find the designs of Funtime Freddy and Baby creepier. Something about how they look like children's entertainment but warped, in a return to form for the franchise, seems creepier.

Still, that "there's a little bit of me in everyone" could be a hint at something. Perhaps this thing corrupted the other animatronics in some way?

19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Don't hold it against us

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Brighten the image and you see an animatronic that looks pretty creepy.