The Official Final Crisis Thread!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, May 14, 2008.

1. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Perhaps forshadowing The hounds post anti-life?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    or someone decided giant dalmations were way cooler...

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Because Ang Lee already did the giant poodle.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because the Atomic Knights rode giant dalmations in the Silver Age and, at DC, all things must be as they were in the Silver Age. Behold!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  5. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

I have been reading the issues at the local shop, & I have not been impressed enough to pick it up. I will buy the Red Lanterns cause I love the GL Corps, and I'll read the tie-ins, but they don't seem to scream 'buy me', ya know? Anyway, not terribly impressed so far. However, for all the New God fans reading this, I think I just figured out something. There were 5 heroes who saved Mr. Miracle and Orion, correct? Then you've just met the new Forever People. What do you guys think?

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i dont know if i can finish this book...since the first issue, i haven't been interested in it. Nothing stands out (with Barry now alive, i feel Wally will be like Kyle, he'll get the shaft from his title and his spot in the JLA)...and like most, WTF is with the dalmatians...

Rogue's Revenge i feel is a better read...and Revelations wasn't too bad but i dont find the Spectre interesting.

Hopefully Legion of 3 Worlds will make up for most of it.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Well, this series is definitely underwhelming so far. The only part really clicking for me is the return of Barry, even though I don't think he needed to return. I'm starting to wish I'd skipped this series, which surprises me.

Did I miss something in Flash, or is Iris young again? Because she certainly looked younger to me in this issue.

8. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Wasn't Bombshell the Teen Titans' traitor? Why is she with the heroes again? Oops or Intentional?

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Wasn't she killed by Batgirl in the issue after it was revealed she's a traitor?

This is one awful clusterfuck of an event.

10. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Bombshell's resurrection will be explained in an upcoming issue of Teen Titans it seems

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    wow...this thread is already heading towards zombieness, and its only halfway over...

did anyone pick up issue 4? i did, and i'm still confused and not sure what the hell is going on at all...grant morrison is basically just pulling off a mega suck fest...i'm really dissapointed...identity crisis was awesome, infinite crisis was awesomer, then this to round out the trio...BOO...

12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:

There was some character development in the issue. This was the reaction issue, next issue will be the explanation/villian rant issue. Then the next issues will be the fighting issues. They at least have some development going this issue. It looks like Turnpin will be Darkseid. Honestly I'm enjoying Legion of 3 worlds and Flash Rogues better. I want Legion of 3 worlds issue 3 asap. Geoff Johns should have written this it would have been more interesting.

13. OmegaScourge

i was really confused too...Barry comes back, and next thing you know, it's like he never left the way its going.

The other one that came out, even though i dont care about the character, FC: Submit was better than this...

arcwise: Legion of Three Words > Rogue's Revenge > Submit, etc > Revelations > FC

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually thought this was the best issue to date. It did a really good job of showing the Earth under almost total control by the New Gods. It showed just how badly the world has become while highlighting the heroes' efforts to give some sort of resistance. I thought it was much better than Submit, which may have had more detailed and thorough scenes, but wasn't nearly as interesting.

15. OmegaScourge

my speculations:

When Hal came back, Kyle got booted from the GL title (and the spot in JLA)...and it looks like Wally is getting the boot from the Flash title too...that's what it looks like at the end of Rogue's Revenge...

...i wonder of Barry is gonna take over the JLA spot too....which to me is why Wally is in Titans...

and with that, might as well put Green Arrow back on JLA since Red Arrow is chilling with the Titans too.

and when this all ends, i see there only being one world again...which it'll start the "Brand New Day" storylines :lol 

16. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

So Spiderman's gonna suck in the DC universe too? :lol 

17. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Geoff johns is doing Flash, so expect Wally to co star in it. Plus the artist on the book is giving him a new costume.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has there been some confirmation of this? TBH, it's precisely because Johns is involved that I'd predict Wally will get punted entirely from the main title. I fully expect Wally to end up suffering the same fate as Kyle has in the GL books and become part of an ensemble cast in All-Flash or Flash Family or whatever else spins out of Rebirth.

19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Johns wrote Wally for years over several arcs, it is confirmed he will appear in it, and that he will get a new costume. Kyle did not die or go away, when Johns writes him, he is just as good as hal, even teaming up with him to take out sinestro. Jay Garrick is still around and used a lot in both the flash and JSA. I expect Wally to show up a lot, but not star for awhile. I honestly think there should be 2 flash books, one for barry and one for wally.

20. OmegaScourge

any links to spoilers to what the new suit might look like....hopefully not the "future" costume that we seen in some long ago arc...