The Official 09'-10' NBA Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Molini, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice to see the Celtics take the opening game on the road against Cleveland. Should be a great year!

2. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I'll tell you what I didn't expect to see. The Cav's open up the season 0-2. I didn't see the game against Toronto...what the hell happened?

Meanwhile, Boston looks a little too good against my team's Kryptonite :( 

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    ^I didn't see that one coming.

4. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Damn, just saw the box score and highlights. Lebron already got his first triple double of the season (25th career) and they still couldn't pull off the win. Well, at least he'll most likely get more individual awards this season.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think LeBron cares about individual awards...he's just focused on getting the hell out of Cleveland cuz that team cannot put anything around him. Sure, they "tried," but Shaq coming there is about 4 years too late.

6. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

If you read any of my posts in last season's thread, you'd know I was being very sarcastic. I 100% agree with your post.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

If I were LeBron I'd want out of Cleveland because even if he stayed for another 5 years I doubt the team will be able to win a championship. Having Shaq like you guys said is too little, too late. Boston is clearly the better team this year and looks like the best team of the East.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I know it's early, but I think the east is going to come down to Orlando and Boston. Cleveland just seems like the 3rd wheel. Shaq isn't going to be the difference for them this year. Sure, he's still a presence inside, but it's not going to be enough. The last time Shaq ever made a difference were during his first 2 seasons in Miami, and even that is debatable because of Dwyane Wade.

Mike Brown is just a bad playoff coach. He's incapable of making adjustments and implementing strategies that don't involve just giving the ball to Lebron and hoping for the best. Last year's team looked better than they actually were because they capitalized on an easy regular season schedule and sub-par playoff opponents in the early rounds.

9. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh for sure, I know you were being sarcastc...I was just adding a little more to it :thumbs2: 

There's no doubt here. Boston is looking hella good and Wallace only makes their bench better. Orlando will still have some things to work out when Lewis gets back, but now that they got Carter they have that go-to player in the 4th. Oh, and they got Howard...BEAST!

10. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The thing that gets me everytime I look at the Cavs' stat sheet is that LeBron IS the team. He has to do almost everything, and no one player can carry a team to a championship.

Do I want to see him leave? Eh, I really don't know.
    Do I think it would be good for LeBron to leave? Hell. Yes.

11. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Thank You. Been saying that for years to Cavs fans. You take away Kobe on the team he's on, they still make the playoffs. You take away Kevin Garnett (like last season) they still make the playoffs. You take away Lebron and you look like an expansion team.

12. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

:lol  You guys are ridiculous. We still have 80 more games to play this year. My guess is the Cavs are gonna win some games this year. Shaq is not just some random addition. It's friggin Shaq. The Cavs have not had a player that can play like him in the low post before. There's going to be an obvious adjusting period if you know anything about basketball. Not to mention the additions of Parker, Jamario Moon, injury to Leon Powe, Z adjusting to coming off the bench, not having Delonte yet, etc. You guys watch too much of those crap shows on ESPN where they break down every play from GAME ONE OF THE SEASON like it's game seven of the playoffs. LOLOLOLOL And I think we've heard enough about "I think Lebrons gonna go to New York DUHHH." Can we just not go there yet. It's way too early in the season.

13. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I disagree with you in full, it's never too early to start discussing things like the Cavs.

I don't think Shaq is "friggin Shaq" anymore. So his addition doesn't impress me much and I feel his addition could be more of a hinderence if anything.

IMO, the adjusting that needs to happen isn't realistic; in order for Shaq to be effective he needs the ball. That's not going to happen in Cleveland and Shaq ain't that good anymore anyways. So, I don't think the point that the season is at has anything to do with this...you just have to look at Shaq's career and figure this probably isn't going to work for the Cavs.

14. Plastic Man

Why? The Cavs play a style that is conductive to what Shaq wants to do. Why won't he get the ball in Cleveland? I think they're going to continue to work on any way possible to get him the ball. He shot the ball 23 times in two games. And Shaq's still good. The Cavs lost a depleted B. Wallace, a slow Wally, and a non-factor in Pavlovic. They have pretty much the same team, w/ better fitting players to take those players roster spots that they lost. Lemme remind you the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

It's over for the Cavs. Stick a fork in them. They're done. LEBRON TO NEW JERSEY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

16. Plastic Man

:rolleyes2 

17. Plastic Man

All I gotta say is '90-91 Bulls.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Did you just compare this team to one from Chicago's dynasty era?

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Hey Buddy! I've been waiting for you to defend your squad. 'Bout damn time. Too bad you're just making excuses for Shaq instead. Let's evaluate the fate of teams who have played a style that is conductive to Shaq in recent years, which is closer to the Shaq you're currently playing with:

Miami Heat 07'- Horrible
    (then traded mid season)Phoenix Suns 08'- Lost 1st round playoffs 4-1
    Phoenix Suns 09'- Didn't even make the playoffs for the first time in 4yrs

Hmmmm...yeah, sure sounds like Shaq is savior these days, huh? You don't realize that anytime you change something that was working to accomodate an aging Shaq, you're not gaining anything, your losing momentum instead. Don't believe me, go ask all the Phoenix Suns fans.

Cleveland is going to make the playoffs, this I'm certain of. They have a much better chance of doing it with Shaq coming off the bench then they do with him as a starter. If you think your new buddy Shaq can really go toe to toe down below with a Dwight Howard for a best of 7 series at his old age...you're delusional. Delonte West is a huge "?" for you guys also right now with his mental state, so I wouldn't even bring him up. When are you just going to finally admit that all you have is Lebron? That's it. Without him, you have nothing to talk about in Cleveland. NADA!

And he WILL leave Cleveland if he doesn't win a championship this year. He'll say, "I've spent 7 yrs of my life in this wonderful city and I want to thank the city and all of it's wonderful people for their support, however, it's time for me to exercise other opportunities as a professional in my career."

This I PROMISE YOU!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  20. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll counter your point with...your own point: that's exactly why they won't do any better this year. The only new, halfway decent addition is Shaq. But, he's not AS good as he use to be, he's going to clog up the lane taking away those driving lanes for Lebron, and overall Shaq just can't be worked into a system, he has to be the system. That's why PHX traded and that's why Miami traded him.

I'm assuming your a Cavs fan going off your sig? LeBron fan?

Not sure where this one is going...

But, I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents about it or relating to it (maybe it'll start another discussion); even if LeBron is the reigning MVP, the "next MJ", yada yada, he is still no where close to what MJ was. Bottom line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.