The Official 09'-10' NBA Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Molini, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Fresh, please bless this thread and let us commence with our Laker superiority complex!

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

A new NBA season. It's a beautiful thing. Will the Cavs have enough with Shaq to make it to the Finals this year with Lebron? Will Orlando be able to repeat as Eastern Conference Champs? Will the Celtics have another run like they did 2 years ago? Will the Lakers repeat? Will San Antonio or Denver be the biggest challengers against the Lakers in the west. It's gonna be a great season! Post away about your favorite teams/players!

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

All the top teams (save for a few like Denver) got better this offseason. Shaq to Cleveland, Sheed to Boston, Carter to Orlando, Jefferson to SA, Artest to Lakers, etc. It's going to be a mighty interesting and highly competitive season. I still give the edge to the Lakers to repeat, since they only need to face 1 team from the East in the Playoffs. Spurs and Nuggets will pose some problems but they won't be able to overcome Lakers' depth and Kobe in a 7 game series. I am hoping a rematch of Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals this year and I hope Lakers will avenge the loss in 2008 with their 2nd title in a row. Go Lakers!!!

4. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Barring any injuries Cavs vs Lakers in the finals. Go Lakers!!!

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sixers will lose in the first round again. Lakers will repeat. Nuff said.

6. FreshDebesh

Makes up for the Phils beating the Dodgers 2 years in a row in the NLCS :D 

7. Molini

To be honest, and this is definitely up for debate, I think its definitely to Denver's advantage that they didn't add anyone. All they needed was the acquisition of Chauncy Billups to make them a contender; they, like everyother team in the west, just can't match up with the depth of the Lakers.

However, I am still undecided as to whether or not the addition of Carter to Orlando makes them a better team. I don't care what their pre-season looked like, Carter has been on a decline for the past several seasons. I think Hedo was a role player that is going to be severely missed in clutch moments. His PER was much higher than Carter. I'm also undecided about Shaq. Cleveland fans are gonna support this until the end of the season (assuming he makes it that far without injury) but I think it's in the post season that the wear and tear on this man is gonna finally show itself.

I do NOT see Shaq able to match up with the youth and endurance of a Dwight Howard in a best of 7 series. It just doesn't happen. One or two games during the season...more probable, but he can't go the distance. That also brings in a much colder Illgauskus to the center position off the bench. Now Sheed, Artest and Jefferson are different stories. All 3 of these additions just made their respective teams championship caliber material, which is even scarier for Boston considering they already had arguably the best BIG 3 in the league and the Lakers considering they are the defending champs and added a guy who's PER was higher than Arenas and he can put up 25-30 pts on a night when Kobe might be cold while still maintaing superb defense.

This is gonna be an awesome season! The east is slowly moving away from its reputation as the "Leastern Conference" so that no longer puts the West at such a favorable advantage going into the Finals as it used to.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Funny...they said the same thing last year.

I'm a Magic fan and the loss last summer definitely stung because there were a few games Orlando could've won had a few things gone their way: (1) Courtney Lee's catch and lob attempt in Game 2, and (2) Orlando hitting their FT's in Game 4 and actually putting a body on Derek Fisher.

9. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Blazers will win the Northwest division.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Larry Miller is a great point guard. I miss him already.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking forward to Celtics/Cavs tonight. Should be an interesting game.

Go Cavs!

12. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

The Sixers aren't bad enough to be able to draft high enough to have a difference making player. Here's to one more year down on Sam Dalemberts contract.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^This is one of the main reasons the Sixers have been bad for sooooo long. They sign players like Dalembert (big stiff) to long contracts and are stuck with players. I can't believe they actually thought the Rockets would trade for him. :lol  Will see how good a coach Eddie Jordan is.

14. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

It's on fellas! GO CAVS!

15. Molini

Oh my Dear Plastic Man...How I've missed you these past 5 months :) 

What fun we shall have this season. I mean now you have Big Shaq Peon to play alongside King James, so they must be a better team this year, right?
    Well, Game one is ONLY 1 game and against Boston, granted it may very well be this year's Eastern Conference Finals, but my how very little has changed.

Lebron is a beast of an Athlete...this is known throughout the world! I like the guy as a result of his skill, persistence and work eithic. Unfortunately, NO ONE else on his squad even comes close. 38pts, 8asst, 4 reb and 4 blks = amazing. What the hell did everyone else decide to do? Watch the Lebron show again?

Shaq actually didn't do too bad for 28 mins and putting up a double double. However, until someone else can step it up as a clear cut number two option and definitive all star, I don't see this squad going to the Finals. Boston's big 3 had evenly distributed stats all the way down the line playing their roles to perfection, and with a very noticeable deeper bench than the cavs could handle.

Good luck to you this season. Just keep in mind...Shaq only gets worse toward the end of the season. That horse is on his last legs, so get whatever mileage you can out of him.

16. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

From what Donyell Marshall said on CSN a week ago the players pretty much ran the locker room when Tony DiLeo was in charge. I'm excited a bit since Eddie Jordan seems like a no bullshit guy and won't stand for a clown like Dalembert. My biggest concern is how well we can defend the pick and roll as well as their ability to shoot 3's. Kopono was a great addiction but 1 3-point shooter is deff not enough. Whats the point of Brand drawing a double team down low when he doesn't have anyone to kick it back out to?

17. FreshDebesh

LAL 1-0. Gonna be at Staples for Mavs and Lakers on Friday! Get to leave work early!

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    This. I've been to ten games last year were they couldn't defend this for nothing. :(  I'm not too worried about hitting three's. Marshall has been the man for that, you just have to put him in the game coach.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

At least Philly's back to their original colors.

Sixers@Magic tonight!

Go Magic!

20. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome Lakers Ring Ceremony and Banner. Bynum is the key for the Lakers this year. Played good last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.