The Oddities of Man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamiWCP, Aug 7, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Odd characteristics of yourself..It takes all types to make up this messed up world, and fortunately, there isn't a pill for all of them.

I have to sleep in the same position every night, or else I can't fall asleep. Unfortauntely that position doesn't consider anyone else in same bed.

I've been a sleep walked all my life..Numerous odd little bits, from when I was 7 and woke to a completely black room, my bed gone, my feet weren't touching the floor, I was on some sort of seat, but to afraid to move so that my missing bed, or whatever I was perched on wouldn't fall. I called out to my mom and brother..They eventually found me, after I was in a screaming frenzy thinking I was missing, telling her I was in my room, but she sayins she's looked there, and I wasn't in it..I was sitting on the toilet..My mom just asked if I needed to go to the bathroom and put me back to bed..Now days, my sleep adventures are weirder..As I at some point wake in the middle of the night and go wash dishes. It happens quite regularly, and Justin finds it very funny.

I sleep in any of the various movies or cd's I have, at a some what loud volume..And sleep right through it all. But whenever my cat pushes my door open slightly, it wakes me..Every time.

I have to walk around barefoot in my house..Anytime I walk in the door, the first thing I do is remove my shoes.

I have to shower for at least 25mins before I even consider going out..Even if I'm late.

I won't look at myself in the bathroom mirror after said shower.

I can't cook to porportion. I make an entire package, bag, jar etc of whatever I'm using--Even when it's just me. Yet I can't/don't reheat left overs. I save them, and then throw them away.

I have 3 pillows on my bed, and randomly throughout the night switch them out. I need to sleep on 2 pillows. No more, no less.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You make Captain Planet sad. :( 

I pretty much can't function until I've showered in the morning. And I need to eat breakfast before I do. But I guess that's maybe a little bit normal?

I will compulsively check at least twice to make sure the doors / windows are locked before I go to bed and / or leave the house.

I always make sure my keys, wallet and phone are near my bed before I go to sleep - I cannot leave them in another room.

When driving I will check and make sure I have not left the manual choke on several times.

OK SO A FEW THINGS THAT ARE A LITTLE OBSESSIVE / COMPULSIVE BUT WHATEVA YO.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't ever get bothered by stress. Internally, at least, I think I cope as well as anyone I've ever met. Unfortunately, stress tends to express itself as physical (usually facial, sometimes upper body though) and verbal (usually profane, ALWAYS inappropriate) tics. It can be embarassing as hell. They just kinda start during periods of stress and go away afterwards, and they usually change, although sometimes I redevelop older ones.

I don't care to be in crowds, or certain types of situations where I feel exposed. That's mostly work-related stuff, though, not the way I've always been.

That's about it really. I'm also very judgmental and arrogant, but those are more flaws than oddities.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    there are ppl who dont?!!

no pls dont tell me their names, i dont want to know.

i have that minor OCD with the locking stuff too. wifey'll be like STOP JIGGLING THE KEYS ALREADY

5. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Wooo interesting...

I change sleeping positions every 5 minutes, according to a close friend, ranging from lying on my stomach face into the pillow with feet up in the air, to straight as a corpse.

I can handle heights, but looking UP while being on some elevated platform makes me dizzy.

For some odd reason, I always turn my shampoo bottle inwards facing the wall no matter what position it started out with when I enter the shower.

Roaches, spiders, snakes, death, slugs, bears, and whatnot, I'm good with, but I turn into a huge sissy when confronted with jellyfish, screaming and whatnot. THEY'RE ALIEN SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I don't comb/brush my hair, but it never gets tangled. Not that I use some super l33t shampoo or conditioner; I always change brands, my hair just doesn't tangle. I hate combing/ brushing it because that leaves my hair straight; it's wavy without the comb-stuff...

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'm the same way.

Other oddities about myself:

I was born with club feet. (My right foot was turned a complete 180 degrees backwards, the other was facing the normal forward) My right foot's shoe size in a 10.5 and my left is a 11.5, and my right lower leg is skinnier than my left due to atrophy from being in a cast until I was three.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I am afraid of heights, a few years ago I put a new roof over my laundry room and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack the entire time.

I have a slight case of dendrophobia. (look it up :) )

I often can't sleep and many times only get 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

The weather has a strong effect on my mood.

I have been clinically diagnosed with A.D.D.

8. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yes well, but my local grocer seems to like me..

9. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

:eek:  I've never met someone with that before... Could you elaborate on why (if you're not comfortable, that's alright)? I'm scared sh*tless of jellyfish because of the fact they lack brains, nerves, blood, and so many other things, yet can survive since waaaay before the dinosaurs (hence my theory on them being aliens), probably survive beyond humans and cockroaches too...

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    *googles*

you have got to be shittin' me.

12. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

:p  I welcome any better theories! *shudders*

13. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    *pretend to be a big tree and stand near D_C*

14. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    I HATE spiders! I mean truly HATE them! I hate them so much that if I in fact se one I grab for the closest blunt item and whacks it till I know it's ten times dead!

Also I'm kinda paranoid about black widow spiders breeding in sweden after numerus reports of the species sneaking in the country through imported cars (no kidding, an old muscle car had three of them. Was all over the news) So every time I see a black spider about the size of one I swear I see that hourglass shapped patern in red on it and whallops it like a hundred times!

Also I'm super nervous about burglars. I live in the town with the most crime per citizens or something. To make things wors, we live in an old wooden house so it makes lots of kreeks and other noices. Every time I hear a bang or something I'll turn of everything causing any sounds and stop breathing to see if I can hear anything else. In fact, once I heard the uppstairs window rattling (most likely due to the wind) I got so scared that I ran into the kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife I could find (butcher knif galore ;)  ) And hid behind the couch for almost an hour!

I have tons of other ticks and freights and stuff, but it would take to long to mention them all. I'm a trubled kid :lol 

Uhm.... I'm not to judge you but...
    Duuuuuuuuude!

15. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I have to unbend paper clips whenever I see them. I also rebend them after trying to straighten them and twist them until they break. I can't use an alarm clock to wake up. I'll always wake up 5- ten minutes sometimes less than five from when it's set to go off.

The only other thing I can think of is it takes a lot for me to get really angry at people, but if any machine doesn't function as I expect I get furious almost instantly

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I am completely chlostrophobic. I really hate enclosed places. I can't even sleep on the bottom of a bunkbed. I get the same feeling being around a huge group of people too. I dont like being confined. And I ALWAYS want the isle seat on a plane. I feel trapped in any other seat.

I am crazy organized. Not OCD organized, but I do like things in a certain place. It pisses me off when they're not, and I have to fix it. Even on stuff that's not even mine. For example, I organize my wife's desk ALL the time. I really hate clutter. Probably goes along the same lines of feeling trapped. Too much crap is bad. And I do this because I have to see it.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to taking a shower. At least 20 minutes and every inch needs to be suddsy. Otherwise, it's not clean. If I don't see sudds, then to me it's not getting clean. Same rule applies for washing dishes. No sudds, no clean.

I am a bit paranoid. Whenever I go into any major city, I always watch my back, and those I'm with. I'm always careful not to walk in certain areas, and ALWAYS scoping out people who I deam sketchy. But I just contribute this to being attacked in the city before, which caused me to have surgery on my arm. Bastards.

17. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Spiders are a big thing for me as well..But I can't kill them outright..If i happen to see one, just..sitting there..I have to watch it. I can't go to kil lit, because if I miss it, they have that tendency to drop and move..And you can almost never find them again..Only if they're already on the move on some flat surface where they can't drop, will I go in for the kill. If one is up on my ceiling when I'm in bed..Forget about it. I won't be sleeping that night.

18. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Oh, same here! I have to completely wash the dishes, scalding hot water with lots of soap, and make sure they're prefectly clean, before I'll put them in a dishwasher..That really used to bug my mom at home..

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

It's very slight, I don't get really scared, it's more like an uneasy feeling, like something bad is about to happen.

20. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Oh yeah, one more thing, clowns. I fear them. I don't know why. I believe now that it could possibly have to do with watching IT when I was younger. But I can't be near or around clowns. I remember going to a local amusement park and there was a clown riding around on a tricycle. He was coming in my direction and I froze like a dear in the headlights.