The OC (Season 4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickback, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Can you tell they brought back the original writer/screen-play/director after he took last year off?

Shit, this was the best episode since some of the dark ones in Season 2. Very well done. For those who want spoilers...

Ryan has a job at a bar and apparently he, every so often, goes in to underground "ultimate fighting" type matches. He throws away all of Marissa's stuff (she died last season, remember?). Summer is a hippy, Taylor is actually at home though she's telling everyone she's in Paris. Seth is working at the comic book store waiting to go to college?

In short?

The only people over Marissa's death are Seth and the Cowens, Summer's dad, Kaityln (Marissa's sister), and that's all they really showed. Summer comes home to get Ryan out of fighting and her and Seth are obviously not on good terms (she's now a different person). Marissa's mom Julie is a total pill-popper now. Summer's dad, who married Julie, is cheating on her with his ex-wife.

Julie tracked down Vuldacheck (the guy who killed Marissa), Ryan at first refuses the papers and lets his ass get kicked by some guy in one of the fights. At the end of the episode, Ryan meets Julie at Marissa's grave and takes the paperwork. Julie asks "What changed your mind?"

You see a brief flashback of Ryan kicking the guy's ass from the fight, literally pounding away at him. Ryan says...

"I realized...."

*flashback*

"...I have to do this."

Episode end.

Good to have the original writer back, looks like we're going to have some good times in the following episodes, and I'm excited to have Thursday nights off (didn't request it, it was given, how awesome).

So yeah. Anyone else watching? And please don't fill this up with "ZOMG NO" crap, just ignore it if you don't watch it.

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate to admit it, but I'm a big fan of the OC. The wife and I watch it religiously.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

This seemed like to me it was following in the same formula as before. Ryan is away from the family, family goes to get him, Ryan comes back, things are okay for a while, drama happens, etc.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Okay I'm an O.C. newbie, Marissa was the one played be Mischa Barton right?

And why exactly was Ryan living in the place he was living at. I've only seen a few episodes and last I saw he was living with Seth's family in that nice house. Did he get kicked out or did he decide to leave?

And for the record, yes who ever that guy was Ryan certainly gave him a serious beating

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I'm the biggest Queen I know and even i don't watch the O.C. ....

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I used to be a fan until last season, it was just horrible and got to be completely unwatchable. If I see it randomly on tv now I may give it a shot, but I won't put any effort in trying to get back into again

7. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Hmmm Summer is hot. Quite hot.

So is Kaityln... I mean... she will be hot day. Yeah, that.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i agree....this show has just continued to go downhill...i thought this episode was just bizarre and silly...ill still stick with it for awhile, cuz my fiance and i have been hooked for awhile, but it definately needs to pick up more...

9. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I stopped after season 2 ended, and the only episode I watched from season 3 was Marissa's death. However, maybe I'll check out an episode or two of this season, and see if it's improved.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I thought it improved quite a bit from most of the episodes in Season 3. You remember Season 3, don't you? The "Let's introduce 543,546,789,000 characters and have them all mean nothing!" Not to mention the writing seemed to take away the characters natural appeal.

Ryan was no longer the "I'm gonna snap at any second" kid, he was more of the "I'm a good boy trying to stay out of trouble" ... which didn't seem right.

Seth became more of a "stud" than the goofy, nerdy comic book kid. As you can see in this premiere, they're trying to bring that back. He even had a few one-liners (like the ice cream comment with Ryan).

Marissa was either an alcoholic, a drug addict, fucking the wrong person, or just being central to all the drama. It was really sickening. I'm glad they killed her off, but in her place we get Kaitlyn (ugh) and Taylor (UGH).

Summer's character felt invisible last year. Like she wasn't even there.

The Cowens ... Sandy was entirely miswriten, becoming a jackass all about money and his wife became a recovering/failing alcoholic who has some whore try to swindle her out of money.

The only good development last year was probably Julie, but she's always got good stories around her.

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I had a "LOL" moment with his scene in the comic shop. I felt sorry for that little girl :lol 

Is that his shop or is he just the manager?

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    he jsut works there...and yeah, that scene made me laugh so hard...i feel the same way in my store, but i try not to make children cry....

and kickback, theyve already introduced/nearly introduced a few new characters already in this episode...the stupid luke's little brothers twins and the stepmonster will all probably have bigger roles to come, and then maybe the hippy friend of summer will play some romantic role, and im sure im forgetting another one....

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

While I think that the Death of Marissa that I actually laughed at was a Shark Jumping moment, I still enjoy the show. Kaitlyn is a damn good anti-hero. She has minions!

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    anyone gonna watch the episode thats on tongiht? im not, its up against lost....which seems very odd...oh well...ill read about it tommorrow i guess...

15. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Haha. I was going to make a comment about everyone's mangina, but you summed it up nicely.

But hell, I'm not one to talk, I watch Gilmore Girls with my wife. The mom on that show is hot and full of sass.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bitch please

...that dude with the curly hair in OC who was from gilmore girls (the korean chicks boyfriend) shore does look like john mayer.

17. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

[​IMG]

18. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

you just hit on one of the best reasons to watch The OC.

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Nuff said.

I missed/taped the premiere. Recording tonight's while watching Lost and plan to catch up before tomorrow's ep.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i love gilmore, my fiance got me hooked, and now we own all the seasons...and are watching the new season now...but its not as good...

and last nights episode was ok, better then the 1st, hopefully tonights will be good....