The Number of Online Players is dropping rapidly

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlock1991, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

The worst thing I feared about this game would be it would have enough people online for a couple weeks then it declines quickly.... Now theres o more than a good 7000 at max online and it was 15,000 the first week.

It on average has a good 4-5k people online everday. I hope the sales do good so we get a even better sequel but it looks like its not selling better than the numbers they recieved weeks ago.......

2. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I think 4-5k is pretty good for a game from a brand new developer.

Patience, grasshopper.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Well, the weekends see a lot more people too, plus a good majority of us have already gone Prime and finished off the entire game so of course there's going to be a drop in the population.

That doesn't mean the game is doomed however, the DLC will help when it finally comes around.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, like The Constructicon said, there are a lot of people that get games, plow through them as fast as they can to get their achievements/trophies and then never play again.

I have had the game for almost two weeks but I'm still not through the whole campaign (Decepticons done, Autobots chapter 2) and I've only played enough multiplayer to have a few of my classes up to level 5 or so. I'd love to play more but I just don't have the time and this isn't the only game I'm playing right now.

I really like this game and I'll be hanging onto it for a long time. I hope that the online community stays alive. DLC will help as will any continued support from High Moon and Activision on fixing things and improving where they can (unfortunately we haven't seen much of that yet.)

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I remember during the double xp there was like 10,000 people. Yesterday I saw around 5,000 people late.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does it really matter? As long as you can find people to play with, that is all that counts. I still have not played online since I got it, Red Dead has taken up all of my gaming time lately.

7. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    This really makes my circuits sizzle.

[rant]

This is the new age of multiplayer circle jerking. Useless software that, one year from release is barren and obsolete.

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: TAKE THE TIME TO POLISH THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME TO PERFECTION INSTEAD OF MAKING A MULTIPLAYER CIRCLE JERK WITH SINGLE PLAYER ADDED ON AS A GARNISH.

I'm not directing this rant at WFC directly (there are other games too focused on multiplayer) because the single player is quite awesome but it would have been nice to have a sandbox, skirmish option.

[/rant]

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With all the online issues I’m not surprised. I remember on day 1-2 there were over 7,000 players online on PSN. If you go to the official FaceBook page almost everyone is complaining about the same issues and HM/Activision still aren’t responding.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and now ps3 has like 2000 people on.

it be cool if the sequel had also these multiplayer maps just so that wfc players can play online with the wfc2 players. just so that people that hasn't got around to buying the sequel wont feel like the wfc community died and migrated. but then again, people would start bitching calling wfc2 an expansion

10. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

leaderboards showed me how many people play ps3 WFC

(in the 30k range)

all 30k doesn't have to be online. especially with the connection issues we've been having.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    According to news sites a couple weeks ago the game sold about 200,000 copies on 360 and Ps3 combined. That should warrant a sequel.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

And there are still more copies being sold too. But you have to remember, even games that fail miserably get sequels, just look at Kayne and Lynch and Two Worlds. Even "Eat Lead" is getting a download only sequel.

13. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Those games sold well... in the first week(s). The first two weeks of a games life are when it will sell the most. You can usually judge a games success in two weeks.

Kayne and Lynch had a good add campaign that overshadowed the bland game. Two Worlds sold from the idea of Oblivion with multiplayer.

It all comes down to money. If a game makes a profit, or looks like a sequel will, then a sequel will be made. I have little doubt War For Cybertron won't get a sequel.

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

And that's at peak, last night I was on (Australian time) there was like barely 1k people playing. Like others have said there's a number of issues that need to be dealt with but not only that they should add some more unlockables: chassis', new weapons. Maxing leveling so I can get "prime mode" really doesn't sound all that appealing IMO.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I agree. To tell you the truth, I haven't been much on since. I just don't want the game to get too stale. And that's the reason why I haven't bothered to get to burn through in order to get to Prime mode (also due to the fact that nothing really special happens when you get there either). We do need to have some DLC soon, in order to refresh the game. I really hope there will be a bit more to extend the life out of it.

16. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    people have work and other stuff.. :)  im more concerned with matt tieger saying that in order for there to be a sequel, 6 million copies should be sold and looking at the sales figures of other games like mw2, super mario, and others, is not impossible to attain but only because those games have been out for so long... but i guess high moon needs to fix whatever problems exist in online gameplay, and also, can they do better marketing strategy for this game... im afraid viral ads on youtube wont be enough...

17. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Where did he say they needed 6 million copies sold?

To me, 200,000 copies is a successful game.

18. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

1,000,000 copies should be sold in 2 months....

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Geez, most of you guys are already through this game? Holy moly. I know I've been splitting my time up between this game and ModNation Racers, but still, my Leader is level 15 in MP and all my other classes haven't been touched yet. In Single Player, I've beaten the first 6 chapters on easy and Chapter II on normal (also have found & destroyed all the sigils in Chapter II). That's as far as I've gotten. Still haven't touched Escalation.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol 

That is not anywhere near a decent number to be considered even remotely "successful".

Half a million sold might recoup development costs, 200k is pretty much not going to make its money back.