The Nostalgia Critic Reviews The Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Zikmaster1000, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The title pretty much says it all, this week The Nostalgia Critic pulls on of his Raiders of the lost story ark and review The Transfomers Generation 1 Series, so check it out, I haven't seen it yet, but knowing The Nostalgia Critic it should be good here's the link, actully this isn't the actual site, there are some problems with either the site or m computer but here it is on youtube

Nostalgia Critic-Transformers Cartoon Series - YouTube

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Watching some of it now. The very beginning is forgettable, but the bit about Bill Cosby playing Jazz's voice was pretty hilarious, as was "dead center in my sights."

3. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I usually like Nostalgia Critic, but I didn't like this review at all. I mean the long Soundwave joke, Starscream's cookies, Doug playing an emo Optimus throughout the entire thing. I was hoping this would have been as funny as his review of the first five TMNT episodes, but rarely I got a laugh out of him this time.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Disappointed that he didn't do as the Nostalgia Critic. The Cosby as Jazz joke was funny, but Soundwave felt too long.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Wow, this was boring. It was all gushing, no nitpicking, he skipped a lot of very obvious jokes (such as some Autobots acting surprised when being told about a plan THAT WAS THEIR IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE etc.). It's almost as if he was afraid of pissing off Transformers fans. But still, boring as hell and annoyingly unfunny.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And of course he bashes the Transformers Movies...

7. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I have to admit this one was not a good as I hoped it would be, I wish he did do it as The Nostalgia Critic, I just thought I'd point out that he was reviewing it

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yet he rips the movies apart.

So he's afraid of pissing off his perception of Transformers fans, which is to say whiney, clingy dipshits who reject all modern remakes or interpretations and treat the original as gospel and can't see it for the poorly-crafted tripe that it is, which honestly I find more offensive than if he just made fun of everything. The fact that apparantly he doesn't think that open-minded, humble fans and people who actually like the movies exist.

What a dumbass.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I had to roll my eyes at the "teenager driven hormones" comment. Really?

10. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I was expecting Nostalgia Critic to be aware of other Transformers cartoons like Beast Wars or Prime, but no, just like AVGN, the only thing Transformers he's aware of is G1 and Bayformers. Nostalgia often stops people from giving things a change or being open minded.

On a side note, this was without a doubt one of his worst episodes, and he's done a lot of bad episodes.

11. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I shall try to defend the critic as I am a huge fan of both him and the transformers.
    I will admit some of the jokes are hit and miss but still they're not his worst.

As for bashing the movie, keep in mind most of the audience is on TGWTG and not on TFW and trust me when I say on that on TGWTG the general consensus is that Bayformers suck. Also if you've seen Doug's review of Transformers 3 you'll see that he doesn't hate the movies as much as he portrays it in this review.

I honestly wasn't expecting him to bring up the newer series. He didn't bring up TMNT 2003 when reviweing TMNT. He didn't bring up wolverine and the xmen when reviewing X-Men. And he didn't bring up any of the more recent DC Shows when reviewing Superman. Doug has a completely show for comparing old and new shows, it's called Old vs New.

Finally while it does seem like he overly gushes about it you have to admit that while cheesy G1 ultimately has more heart than the movies which I personally think are just cheap cash ins.

Plus that HoundxSam gag was hilarious

12. General Magnus

I´m sorry, but the G1 cartoon was a cheap cash in as well.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    In the bottom eleven worst videos he's ever done. Why bottom eleven? Because I too like to go one step beyond.

I don't think a character that was first created for a 2007 movie appeared in a 1984 cartoon.

14. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

I disagree with what the critic said when the films were getting worse.

I thought they were getting worse, and then getting better starting with DOTM.

15. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look I admit that I have rose colored glasses on. I mean I didn't think his Let's Play was terrible (it still wasn't his greatest but I digress). Part of me actually thinks that he's not that big a transformer fan. I mean he watched G1 and saw the movies but I think that's as far is it goes. And yeah I kind of forgot the old G1 mantra when I said it wasn't a cheap cash in: to sell toys. so I take full blame for that.

16. General Magnus

Do yourself a favor and read the Marvel series. That´s not a cheap cash in.

17. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't worry I already ordered classics volume 3

18. General Magnus

Good. The more fans get to know about this series the better. :) 

19. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I tried to read some of the Marvel comics, but to be honest they were really hard to read. Too much text, too much narration, you can't tell who's talking, and a lot of miscolored characters and models!

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked it he reminded me of why I liked G1.