The Nintendo DS Needs...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by My03Tundra, Jan 30, 2007.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    This is simple. List your top ten "wants" for the Nintendo DS system. Mine are simple, and include some non-game related items. Please, share yours.
    10. Metroid Fusion 2
    The first one on GBA was a lot of fun, and I'd love to see a 2D Metroid game for the DS continuing the story where Fusion left off. Touch based features could include puzzles of some sort, weapon selection, or even control of Samus' ship in flying missions.
    9. Street Fighter Alpha [something].
    I LOVE the SFA series and would love to see a version on the DS with some touch based minigames, and maybe action that moves between the two screens. Execute a powerful enough uppercut, and your "victim" is sent to the top level. Hit them hard enough with an aerial attack and send them down to the bottom screen.
    8. DS VoIP (Voice over IP) Headset
    Now that some of the WiFi games for DS are supporting VoIP, why not release a headset to take advantage of it? Or, release some game that takes advantage of a headset?
    7. Super Smash Bros - On the Road (not an actual game yet)
    Well, I love the console series and I'd love to see a portable WiFi combatible game with competitive and cooperative online matches. The "story" mode would be an RPG like game where you can fight other characters and and "level up" your character. I don't think it would have as many playable characters, but at least 16 recognizable characters.
    6. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    I can't wait for this game and I hope it comes out as well as some of the recent Zelda games.
    5. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - The Lost Levels
    Well, the original Super Mario Brothers had a Japanese sequel released that had the same engine as the original game, but different level designs. I think it would work for New Super Mario Bros as the game is AWESOME.
    4. GPS system/setup.
    Come on! The two screens, albeit small, would be ideal for a GPS setup. Use the GBA slot for the antenna and maps (with SD mini or micro slot) and the DS slot for the software. The bottom screen would show controls, while the top screen would be used for directions and information. Nintendo has also said they are trying to appeal to the "non-gamers."
    3. GBA Bluetooth connectivity cartridge for Wii.
    Well, Nintendo DID say they plan on using the DS as a controller in some games, so I think it is only logical. DS and DS Lite Versions would be available. WiFi could be saved for DS download play and "other" services.
    2. PDA Organizer Card
    Nintendo licensed the PalmOS and the Graffiti 2 input system LONG ago. It is about time they USE it. They could even release GBA cartridge with it that could use SD Mini (or Micro) cards with it for data storage and backup and use the DS slot for the OS.
    1. Web browser with WEP and WPA support!
    Come on, Nintendo, it is about time! WEP is AWEFUL, and adding WPA support would be icing on the cake for people like me who run a tight wireless network at home.

2. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    This is something I figured Nintendo would come out with soon after the DS came out. It just seemed appropriate. I waited and waited and waited, and then my girlfriend got me a Palm Z22 for my birthday. I wait no longer.

3. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

These are in no particular order...

10. A good Transformers game. (Hey, this is a TF site after all)

9. A decent pro wrestling game. Maybe something at WCW vs. nWo: World Tour level. I think the DS can hande that.

8. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. April can't get here soon enough for me.

7. A Star Fox game done in the style of SF 64.

6. Sonic Rush 2.

5. Fire Emblem.

4. Maybe something involving Miis, I don't know...

3. F-Zero

2. Maybe an Internet browser.

1. Virtual Console for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and maybe Game Gear. (And Virtual Boy?)

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Chrono Trigger DS
    Bahamut Lagoon DS
    A Port of Super CastleVania
    A Megaman Collection
    A Decent Web Browser for sure

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think the reason they haven't is Nintendo first wanted to establish the DS as a gaming device and see how their HIGHLY experimental handheld would do. The DS has done very well and I recall that it even exceeded Nintendo's expectations.

The DS has a LOT of potential that a lot of developers are hesitant to tap into. Tapwave tried to make an all-in-one device (PDA, gaming device, multimedia platform) with the Zodiac and Zodiac 2, but look at them now. They are gone and so is the support for their products. Nintendo doesn't want to risk that. They are being VERY slow to release new features via the DS. They've established it as an awesome gaming platform and don't want to risk that.

As for just games, I can't wait for new and interesting games like Elite Beat Agents. It is a quirky game that once you play, it just catches your attention and holds it. I'd REALLY like to see a Super Smash Brothers game on the DS.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The DS needs a 20 GB hard drive with a great mp3/video program.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

And the iPod needs a control pad and Cartridge based game add-on...

8. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

As much as I love smash bros., and I LOVE smash bros., I don't think it would be a good idea to put it on the DS. I don't know if the controls would transfer right. If they can, I'd be all for it.

My picks:

1. A Megaman Battle Network for the DS (We're kinda getting one)

2. Going along with that, a combination of 6 like they did for 5 on the DS.

3. Another sidescrolling Metroid, or maybe thirdperson, I hate this firstperson crap.

4. Zelda Phantom Hourglass

5. Ocarina of Time on the DS

6. I don't know if it is possible, but Final Fantasy 7 for DS

7. A game that combined the monster designs of Digimon with the gameplay of Pokemon.

8. An Art pad that you can doodle with.

9. More Castlevania.

10. A new Lufia, with the friend monster system from II

9. gil

gil Godmaster

They should do that game like they did Final Fantasy III.

1. I want a DS Final Fantasy Game based off of Final Fantasy IX. IX is my favorite (and I didn't even pass that one yet)

2. Punch Out DS. With ALL the fighters from the first two games, plus more fighters.

3. Lumines. I hear a lot of good things about this one on the PSP. And the graphics dosn't seem like it's tickling the PSPs power. The DS should be able to pull this game off, right?

But if none of this happens, I'm already happy with the new Pokemons, Zelda, Disney Meteos, the Final Fantasy XII game, and Dragon Quest. That should be good for the year.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

-Chrono Trigger DS (remake or port)
    -Secret of Mana DS (remake or port)
    -Metroid Fusion 2
    -Mega Man (not X, not Zero, not Battle Network, but the original)
    -bigger spaced cartidges (like what IGN predited for 2007)
    -Super Mario RPG 2 (by SquarEnix)
    -Castlevania: SOTN (remake or port)
    -a GB/GBC/GBA Virtual Console (or even better, add Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket Color, WonderSwan, and GameGear to that)

11. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    command and conqerer? why a real time strategy game hasn't been released is beyond me, the bottom screen would be the main screen with your stylus selecting your units and the top screen would be the map and your building stuff

as for super smash brother when the advance came out everyone thought they would release one, but were on the ds and still no news :( 

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Good new 2D Mario game please, not gimmicky lightweight fluff like NSMB.

Wouldent say no to even more Pheonix Wright either.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Demon's Crest DS

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I just want more action games. There are too many puzzle and fluff games. I want games where I go around and blow stuff up. Along those lines, I want more First Person Shooters. I loved Rogue Agent and Metroid.

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A StarFox game that doesn't suck.

16. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'd love to see something that lets you play gb/gbc games, like if it fit in the gba slot and wrapped around the back or something. maybe some crazy asian pirate company will do it :(  it'd just be so much better than having to use goomba

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    -Virtual console for Nes GBA GB games(i would even take backwards compatibilty with GBC and GB games. I can't believe they didn't do this one)
    -Starfox 64 style
    -Looking foward to Phantom Hourglass, but would love to see Ocarina of Time.
    -PDA thing would be cool
    -F-Zero

18. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Yeah, if it would want to still compete when Nintendo takes a big chunk of their sales.

Look at all the little hacks and mods ipod has. Heck they even have Doom on the ipod. There is a market for an all around multimedia entertainment device in one neat package. The DS lite is pretty, and perfect for expanding into that area. The PSP tries, but I think it is a little too big, and looks a little too much like a gaming device.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It has one. You just have to import it from japan.

Not possible on SO many levels. the DS doesnt have the "systems on a chip" like the Wii does, it wasn't designed for anything but GBA and DS games. Anything like that would have to be emulated. The DS doesnt have enough memory for it's firmware to add emulators to it. the DS does not have internal or external storage methods.

Thats not what the DS is for, and Nintendo has no intent of going that way after seeing every other system that has tried it in the past fail.

20. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I am fully aware of that, doesn't change the fact that I want it. But I am curious, What are all these "other systems" that incorporates strongly backed 1st and 3rd party support in gaming, combined with a true mass storage multimedia device, all in a handheld device?

The PSP is the only thing that comes to mind, and it doesn't provide the storage space that I am referring to. Not to mention the awful loading times of the games.

The closest thing that I have to what I want is my Tapwave Zodiac, with two 4gb sd cards and emulation. The thing that killed it is the lack of marketing, and lack of 3rd party support. Both of which Nintendo has with the DS.

As far as I am concerned, the gaming industry hasn't tried to tap into the success of the ipod at all, so I'm not sure why you think so many have tried and failed.