The nightmare before christmas

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by megatronski, Jul 20, 2009.

1. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Discuss this animation masterpiece!
    [​IMG]

2. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I love it. I still watch it every Christmas! Not being a religious person I have very different values when it comes to Christmas and this film reflects many of those values as Jack discovers what Christmas means.
    A top-of-the-tier stop motion film. Superior to 'Corpse Bride' in many ways.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Love it. Watch it as much as possible.

Absolutely loved it in Kingdowm Hearts as well.

4. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Ugh..ok itsagoodmoviebutdoesn'tdeservethecompleteobsessioncertainpeoplegiveit.

5. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I thought it was an alright animated movie and just a average musical (even my mom and sister thought it was bland, and their musical enthusiasts); I'm rather puzzled by the praise this movie gets (its the same with The Princess Bride), but not in the sense where I wish it were hated; On the contrary, I just don't think its as "Phenomenal" as people talk it up to be. Nothing in the film really made an impression on me except that one musical number when Jack Skeleton was up in his tower contemplating on how to bring Christimas to Holloween Town (or something in that manner).

6. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

The space bar is your friend. I really like it, wouldn't say obsessed with it, but it deserves all the praise it gets. Stop motion is a painstaking process and the end result in this case is marvellous.

7. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    ive watched it two times today :) 

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It is a great movie and my kids love it.
    Few years ago we were able to hit up Disneyland when the haunted mansion was all done up in the nightmare before Christmas motif...it was really cool. Plus watching it kills two birds with one stone; one movie for two holidays :) 

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've never once watched it all the way through, every Christmas ITV/BBC shows it but I tend to get distracted and/or something else needs my attention.

10. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Hehe, I know Kennedy. I didn't use proper spacing to inject some humor since my kind of opinion is pretty redundant for most hardcore TNBC fans.

Whatever though yo, I agree that stopmotion is a marvel though and really the technical aspects of it are great.

Just never understood how some people base there entire personalities around the character and movies. (Yeah I once met a guy who wanted everyone to call him Jack and had on the same Jack face sweater everyday.)

Then again I'm apart of a Transformers fandom so that's a bit hypocritical. :D 

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All these years since the movie has been out, I only watched a little bit of the movie.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I love the movie, I hate how it's been "picked up" so to say by the hot topic crowd. :/

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Someone just watched the movie for the first time didn't they. :p 

Love the movie, own the VHS, DVD and the recent 2-disc edition. Definately an animated masterpiece being the first fully stop-motion animated theatrical movie if I remember correctly.

14. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Good film, if a little overhyped.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This.

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    love it,10/10

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you got it all wrong. You mean the attention Hot Topic and all the little Vamp kids give it. I loved the movie the instance I saw it. It went silent for a long time and then places like Hot Topic brought it back, and now all these anti-social goth kids call it "their" movie, when they were still in diapers when the movie came out. The movie does deserve praise, but the obsession comes not from the people who truly love the work done on it, rather from people who probably never have watched the movie but adorn their body with Jack Skelington tatoos.

Jack's character was a happy go-getter, always looking for the new thing, type of guy, complete opposite of the goth kids who look at him as their fantasy champion.

18. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Old-School Animation is Excellent!!

This is on my top ten animated films list for the simple reason that it uses the stop-motion animation I grew up with in films in the late 70's and early 80's.The characters are written very well,its a good holiday story(for Xmas or Halloween),the music is catchy,and its fun for kids and adults.I would also recommend you get the PS2 game which ties in very well with the movie.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the sequel "The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge". The boss battles are actually kinda cool.

There's also a prequel game for the GBA "The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King".

20. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the film and have a few figures from different companies. I think my favorite is the giant 18" talking Jack that NECA put out a few years ago. Never did get around to picking up that huge internal-skeleton Oogie that one of the Japanese companies put out (Jun Planning was it?). That's one of my grails.

I also think it's cute how much the "goth" crowd gets bashed around here, as if Transformers fans don't get generalized and stereotyped by other groups. We all do things that other people find annoying. Welcome to life as a human. :lol 

Have you played the GBA game at all? I always see it at GameStop for $10. Is it worth ten bucks?