The next transformers show will be...?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ShoutBlast, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ShoutBlast

ShoutBlast Active Member

everyone knows the current transformers series is a 3D/CGI animation but what about next? i'm pretty sure everyone believed after beast wars times the transformers series could become CGI animation but RID/ARMADA/UNICRON SAGA happened so i think the next transformers series would return to be drawed not anime style but animated/ben 10 animation type. i also think a live action transformers series can happened since we never had one before.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for Phil Bourassa's take on transformers.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I knew a guy named Phil Bourassa once. He was so late to his own going away party it turned into a "good riddance" party.

But to answer the OP, nobody knows, they haven't discussed what's coming next other than a fourth movie.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want Greg Weisman to write the next one. I really liked how he did Spectacular Spider-Man's story line.

Also I'd love for it's design to be very anime influenced (being animated in Japan.)

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a return to cel animation rather than CGI, mainly because it's apparently so expensive to create animation models, that you don't have such restrictions with traditional animation. Therefore it should be easier to introduce more characters to the show.

In saying that I would like to see the next TF show to start off with a larger cast (say 8-9 Autobots, similar number of Decepticons) and have them as the core team. That way you don't get seemingly pointless single-character introductions like we're seeing in Prime. I'd rather start with a bigger cast and slowly work our way through each character from the get go even if it takes 1-1.5 seasons for new characters to be bought in.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

next tfs show be in cel amination and cgi

8. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

A sequel series to Prime.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it can be 2D animation just to keep the styles of animation fresh.

Though I wouldn't care which type of animation it has just as long as the stories and characters are done well. I do think CGI animation for TV's getting a little too much flak. Yes it's expensive and such but all it needs is good poteintal and enough budget. The reason why Green Lanturn and Star Wars are able to have great animation is because they have big name animation studios backing it up. Transformers Prime is trying to make good use of it and while it has it's problems I give it effort for trying to bring out the best it can. And when it does bring out it's great points like the details and emotions and movements it's really a wonder to watch in my opinion.

If it goes into 2D though I would like to see it similer to Thundercats.

10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I want cel animation for the simple reason that it allows cameos so much more than CGI. We would NEVER have seen so many Animated characters if that show had been CGI.

As long as the writers remember to keep the cast focused and developed, I would prefer the ability to have characters drop in once in a while.

While I personally like the anime look, it just seems that 1) Japan has a very different take on Transformers if they are at the helm (see Masterforce/Victory, which I like, but is not everyone's cup of tea) and 2) co-ordination between US and Japan seems to be very hard for them to pull off right and it causes the shows to suffer for it (Unicron Trilogy).

If they could keep the writing and such in the US and contract out animation to Japan, and do it properly, I'd be all for it. Seeing as that's a lot to ask for, I'd be fine with a US/Canadian company doing it.

Whatever the next show is, I want it to be a bold change and shake things up like Beast Wars. Things are getting way too samey at the moment. It's why I love the comics right now. You don't know whats going to happen in MTMTE and the characters are not the same 5-6 that you've seen in the movies, games, and Prime that all acted about the same.

11. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

A post-apocolyptic Earth where the Decepticons arrived first and conquer Earth for its resources. The story would begin with a small group of Autobots waking up or just arriving and teaming up with a small resistance group (perhaps one led by a young Master Witwicky).

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see autobots meet prima and 12 anceint tfs [minus fallen ]

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I want something new with fresh ideas and a mostly new cast. I'd also be pretty happy to see non CGI animation return.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I want to see Hasbro be bold once more.

I want a series to take place at the end of the Autobot and Decepticon war on Earth, but with a different ending. The Autobots are defeated, Prime falls in battle, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Prowl, Jazz, and Ratchet falls as well, and Earth is enslaved by Decepticon forces.

Megatron leaves Earth to aid Shockwave on Cybertron and places Soundwave as leader of Earth. Starscream tries to make his move to secure power, but is killed by Soundwave and his fate becomes a warning to all those that questions his command.

Grimlock is the only sole survivor of the Autobot command chain and leads survivors to fight to liberate Earth.

I know that will never happen, but I would love to see it happen though.

15. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Needs more 3D cell shading

think Wind-Waker

16. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro needs to QUIT restarting all the time. It's getting beyond rediculous now. It's almost as bad as power rangers. Every year a new theme, and a new story, each one having nothing to do with the previous incarnation. Why can't Transformers have one solid continuity, fluid, and ongoing? Is that so hard? I personally think that Prime is that series. I look forward to see where the story takes us, and hope it's around for a very long time.

17. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

It's about 30 years too late for that

Besides Prime, that is

18. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Make it happen Hasbro!

19. Avengers

Avengers Banned

This will work for me as well. similar to the Armada,Energon & Cybertron being in the same continuity.

A sequel to Prime makes the most sense. Because Hasbro can call it a different cartoon & toy name. tricking retailers to order newer product. confusing parents into thinking it's new,so they buy.

20. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting tired of seeing giant robots doing war each other. I want to see what happens next: a 'post-war' show. Remake MTMTE into animation! Are you listening, Hasbro!?