The next installment of WfC-FoC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ayleron, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

Which would you prefer, Earth modes & story or Cybertronian modes space story? Personally I would like to see more in space, more Cybertronian forms for characters and no humans. I like the story to focus on the bots and cons and humans change the perspective. What are your thoughts?

2. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I wouldn't them going to the Nebulan home world so we can have Headmasters and Targetmaster.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I don't think that there will be much of a journey, the portal is supposedly taking them to the "target planet" so they should basically be there already. That is unless it was sent off course and they wind up somewhere else.

Anyhow, I'd prefer a G1 story and design deep down, I just can't say no... The G1 Prime model in-game is so sexy, I want more.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Tfs in Spaaaaccce is what I dig.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah they could easily say that with the portal being unstable it knocked them somewhere off-course or only got them halfway there or something

id love for more not-earth TF games

Heck, I wish they had started this series of games more at the beginning or the middle of the war on Cybertron instead of just at the tail end when they're leaving. Woulda given us better room for more games on cybertron

6. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:

It's not even close to the end. It's just the part they left their planet. The war isn't over.

Now, as I know HMS, they would try and find what everybody wants, and since the games were so successful, partly due to where they take place, I doubt they'll take it to Earth just yet.

7. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

I don't imagine that they'll be taking us to a foreign planet with the next game. Maybe the next game will be a time skip and take us to the revival of Cybertron, with everyone sporting their Earth modes.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You really think that enormous surge that Grimlock "sent" up to the space bridge didn't change the destination co-ordinates?

I'm all for the next few games being planet hopping ones.

Exiles took us to Speed/Velocitron and Junkion.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm expecting the next game to take place in space or a planet before earth.

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I imagine game number 4 would be on Earth. Game number 3 would be somewhere in space. I would love to see the kind of graphics HMS could do for an Earth based game (not including the rushed DOTM that was made by a different team).

11. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Dude, I'd bite if they made a Super Mario Galaxy version of a Cybertron game. Except instead of a Mario head, you pilot the last hope for the Autobot race. And instead of Digga-Leg's planet, we get Junkion.

If they wanted to split from the normal campaign setting, this would be the place to do it. Autobots and Decepticons could have two different campaigns that crossed through different planets and systems, and multiplayer battles could be explained as the Autobot and Decepticon ships being on the same planet or whatevs.

I'd buy Journey from Cybertron for sure.

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Doesn't matter to me as long as campaign co-op is back in.

If it's not, I'm not buying it no matter where it takes place.

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love co-op campaign and really really hope it returns in the next game, but it's not that crucial for me to where I'd skip the game entirely if it wasn't there. If I did that on FoC I'd be missing out on the great campaign (which I haven't finished yet but have really enjoyed so far)

I wouldn't mind if they somehow combined both space/other world locations and Earth locations. If it's up to par with WFC and FoC I will eagerly anticipate it and thoroughly enjoy it when it comes out.

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Really? I thought the story was told infinitely better without it.

15. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

For the (hypothetical) third game, I would love to see an open world game on earth. There would be a main campaign storyline but you could pick up audio logs along the way (like u do in FOC) but rather than just listening to them, it unlocks a side mission back on cybertron (so the connection with a transformers game set on cybertron isn't lost)

In the open world you would then have collectables that u .... collect. These could consist of :
    - audio logs
    - weapon blueprints
    - spare part blueprints (these would unlock components for customisation online)
    - and possibly energon deposits

And then finding all of each collectable could unlock a new character for use in multiplayer.

Online could use parts of the open world as a map (if it's sectioned off).
    u could have a online open world lobby where you and some friends cans mess around, or there could be some online challenges for u to beat. There could even be a game mode (like escalation) where u go around the entire map searching for the AI enemies and then u complete the event by finding and killing them all, I think that would be quite fun goin round with ur friends and searching for the enemy.

The customisation would be like FOC but rather than choosing legs it arms or head etc, u should be able to adjust the features of that limb it body part (like NFS had the aftermarket tweaks which adjust the size of the vents, an how low the bumper is etc) you should be able to choose how long or short the antenna are on a head, or how big the wheels are, how deep or big the vents are ... U get my point
    And of course an RGB slider for the primary and secondary colour options with no exceptions jst for Bot or Cons.

As u can see I've thought about this alot and quite extensively :lol  I'm prob asking for too much here but this would be awesome if they made a game like this :D 
    Thanks for reading half an hours worth of typing :) 

16. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If only... lol That would be an amazing game

17. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I'd love to see HMS do a prequel game to WFC. Let's explore Megatrons' rise out of the gladiatorial arena into politics. Megatron taking leadership of the decepticons. I want to see them explore his relationship with Orion Pax and the rift that comes between them. Lets see Orion become Optimus. I want to see the war start. WFC was full of little bits of dialog hinting at the past of Optimus, Megatron and Megatrons anger toward Optimus over something that happened in the past. Lets have the next game explore all of that.

18. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

:thumb 
    , I would not stop playing it if it were real :) 

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I want a DLC Mission that hints at what happens to them in FOC, like the Junkions are running from debris and finally the Ark and Nemesis, and then I want the third game to be about the Autobots allying the Junkions and rebuilding the Ark, and then taking off into space, going from planet to planet, and arriving on Earth.

20. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    The story was ok, but the game LACKED.

First of all, it was SHORT. Way too short. I ran through the thing in 1 night. I get home at 5:30 and I finished it at 11ish. Hopefully the multiplayer makes up for that. Otherwise - worst $60 I've spent on a game this year, and I LOVE Transformers - but really? And they have the balls to have unlockable DLC content on disc that we can pay MORE for, with a game that was MAYBE 6 hours long? I'll not be buying ANY of those DLCs from them, they've gotten all the $ they're getting from me for FoC.

There were also hardly any boss battles. Or any at ALL, come to think of it - except Prime vs Megatron, MAYBE? Remember in part one, where Starscream and his seekers had to fight the big crazy security system thing that kept trying to fry them? Or Zeta Prime tried to crush Megatron and crew? Fighting Soundwave behind his forcefield, and Starscream as he flew about? Oh and Omega Supreme (both times) and Trypticon - both fights which I felt were fantastic? That was EPIC stuff - remember doing anything that cool in FoC? I sure don't. There was none of that here in FoC. You got to the end of a "world" or chapter, and it just went right to the next one. The 3 main insecticons don't count - they were just a nuisance. And Jazz vs Bruticus was just a segment OF the last couple chapters - I wouldn't call that a "boss".

I liked it - but it's like they dumbed it down way TOO much. Not only did they remove campaign co-op, but it was too short, had no bosses, escalation is not as fun or varied.... over-all, I prefered the first one. And I'll be waiting for feedback on any 3rd one before I buy it, no more of this "gotta have it right now on release day" with High Moon. If multiplayer sucks I'm trading this thing in to GameStop with the quickness. Give me WFC any day over FoC.