The next film requires bigger Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Aug 5, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I noted that Optimus Prime is portrayed as the largest of the Autobots, as a cue to show he is Bigbot, the guiding force and main strength of the Autobots. This is a mistake I hope the next film can rectify: there need to be Autobots of ALL sizes/modes appearing, from the miniature to the towering, to not only exhibit what a diverse bunch the Autobots are but to present Optimus as a figure of authority and command - that quality which makes Autobots larger than you respect you and take orders from you, which I think needs to be exhibited in a better form with larger Autobots.

As seen throughout the past TFilms, Megatron was able to command Decepticons much larger than himself: Blackout, Grindor, and Devastator. So now Optimus should follow that pattern, so that larger Autobots can be accommodated into the next film.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    "The bigger they are the harder they fall."

But yeah I'd love a big Autobot at some point.

3. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

i kinda disagree with part of what you say... Megatron commands bigger decepticons through fear, Optimus commands autobots through charisma, not authority and command. He only commands them because they follow him, willingly. With this said, i do agree that size shouldn't be a factor in your leadership skillz. But actually, jetfire is much, much bigger then prime, and he is willing to give his life, just bc he is so impressed with seeing an actual prime so we allready kinda had what you're asking for

4. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

5 or 6 speical teams members come unite in into giant robot warrior like devastor

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sort of. But Jetfire was pretty much terminal by then, and he didn't have enough time to really be an Autobot.

And I'm asking for MORE of that, not just one big bot but more of them.

7. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Warpath..Please?

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Is Optimus Prime being the largest "a mistake"? Not in the slightest. He's a frickin' Peterbilt 379; it's larger than the alt modes of the other Autobots. That's not a mistake, that's a design decision.
    2.) Would I like to see physically larger Autobots? Yes, it could be cool. Is it essential to the film and existence of Bayformers? Not in the slightest. I'd rather the filmmaking team focus on making the existing characters - regardless of size or alt mode - interesting and a mostly-present force. Having a character like Ultra Magnus, Springer or pretty much most other aerial-based Autobots (*cough*Stratosphere*cough) would definitely show your proposed "bigger Autobot"-idea. But as I said, I don't think it's a must for the movieverse.

9. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

The next movie needs some smarter decepticons, and not protoforms who wouldn't be able to tie their shoes if they could where them. The main cons were either shafted, or were reduced to a brainless ****** (Shockwave).

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, and while we're at it, let's just reinvent the size class and make tanks and jets deluxes, and everything else Cyberverse, because having larger toys because of larger characters is very economically feasible, especially considering the fact that Transformers will always be one big toy commercial.

11. MandarinQuake

MandarinQuake Well-Known Member

I agree. The 4th film NEEDS BIGGER AUTOBOTS. Autobots that transform into vehicles BIGGER than cars!

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It would be good to see larger Autobots, that transform into jets like Breakaway or tanks like Warpath. Something other than the general parade of cars and trucks, to add some more diversity to the team. That'd be neat.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to disagree.

Bigger Autobots work in cartoons and comic books because cartoons and comic books can be focused on the robots which allows the viewer or reader time to find out why bigger Autobot doesn't mean better Autobot. Someone like Bulkhead is huge, but he'd be a horrible leader of the Autobots.

The movies don't focus on the character of the robots so the films have to take the old short cut of make the heroes smaller so it seems like the hero is in a bad spot. A bit like the Rocky movie with the Russian, it makes it seem like Rocky is in real trouble because he has to take on a bigger boxer. David and Goliath themes are just a popular film theme.

Plus the Decepticons are already being easily owned by both the Autobots and humans so bigger Autobots will just make it feel like it's even more one sided than it already is. The cons are already so weak that they can only win by getting a McGuffin and using it before the Autobots and humans can slaughter them.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

Optimus takes down large bots with no problem, he's a one man "win" machine. The Autobots don't need larger troops to win against the Decepticons. But it would be cool to see one or two.

15. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

It would be great to see Stratosphere, imagine how big he would be compared to Optimus!

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Quite large. Basically able to hold Optimus Prime like his own, personal action figure.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Bigger Autobots serve no purpose in a film where even the largest villains are defeated with ease. Larger Bots are worthless, whats needed is better characterization of the villians as well as increased.fighting ability. Movie Optimus isnt as heroic and as much of a leader in the movies because no foes.can face him hand to hand. With villians that require more of a strategy than shoot and rampage, as well as foes that physically best Prime will make him more heroic and look like a better leader.

Movie Prime needed better,.more capable opponents, not larger Bots to lead. Its the villains that make the heros, not larger allies.

18. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

we don't need bigger autobots. we need to have competent decepticons. the first film set a nice tone, but it changed drastically. the decepticons are, IMHO, piss poor. even soundwave was a bit weak for my tastes. especially when taken down by a measly bee. a scout-class bee at that.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Countless Decepticons being killed by a couple of Autobots bigger than them is better than countless Decepticons being killed by a couple of Autobots smaller than them. So I say YES, PLEASE give us bigger Autobots.

20. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Big Autobots with Giant Testicles? NO THANK YOU!