The next decepticon second in command

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tm11176, Aug 24, 2012.

1. tm11176

tm11176 Well-Known Member

So,we haved Starscream as second in command but who will be next? vote out of Dreadwing,Skyquake,Cyclonus,Thunderblast,Ratbat or Straxus

2. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd want to see Cyclonus become second-in-command myself.

3. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for Straxus, but Dreadwing was left in charge of Cybertron during Shockwave's time off in which he was killed.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Considering none of the characters you propose have appeared in the movies, nor have yet been slated to appear in Transformers 4, this is hardly a productive topic for the Movie forum other than simple fan-hope, which itself could simply go into the Megathread that good ol' TylerMirage has the link for.

5. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

True, Meta.

However, as people really don't seem to pay attention to that thread for some reason (Trust me, I wish they did. I mean, no one's posted there for ages.) I'll go ahead and answer. Cyclonus would be great. I don't even care if he looks nothing like G1. It'd just be cool to have him there.

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Unsure

I don't want it to be Cyclonus though. For Cyclonus to be SIC he'd have to be mentally competent, and the only Cyclonus I want is far from that

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    If Bay could create a Dreadwing incredibly similar to his TFP incarnation, then I'd be satisfied.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It'd really depend on who ends up being the Decepticon commander. You'd have to find a lieutenant that can play off them in an interesting way. There's plenty of commanders who wouldn't even really have second-in-commands, such as Straxus.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    ... Someone new. That's all I'll say.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really depends on who the new Decepticon leader will be. Ideally you want a combination that works as commander and lieutenant while also fitting whatever tone they want to set for the fourth film.

For example I really loved Lugnut from Transformers Animated, but I don't think his personality would fit into the tone of the live action films.

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    As mentioned earlier before, Dreadwing was executed by Starscream ( Reign of Starscream book )

12. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

cyclonus unless of couse bay can make a Dreadwing that's ulmost exsactly like the prime incanaction

13. Ash from Carolina

Yes but the books and comic books seem to be a separate continuity than the movies so what happens in the books or comic books has not effected what they can or can not do in movies.

If we are going to say they can't use Dreadwing in the movie because he died in Reign of Starscream then we might as well say it's okay to use Jazz and Bonecrusher because the toy bio says they are still alive. At some point they have to draw a line and so far that line is that the movies trump the toys or books as far as live action continuity within the films themselves.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    There's a difference here : Dreadwing NEVER appeared in any of the movies.

Both Jazz & Bonecrusher did; exploitation of their toymolds continued throughout the trilogy because Hasbro package BIO's are even less in line with the movies than the comic books.
    And even if we do take the toyreleases as some sort of guide... then why wasn't Dreadwing 'reissued' in either ROTF or DOTM ?

Therefore, I'd say Dreadwing is out of the question. Besides... in the book,
    Dreadwing was such a tool; the furthest type of character for any commanding position.

C'mon.... just like TFP Wheeljack... Dreadwing is a character who was made badass in TFP. Neither Dreadwing nor Wheeljack were badass warriors before.

15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    either Onslaught or Straxus. Straxus is hard to explain but i know he'd make a good leader and work well in live action form. Onslaught (at the risk of sounding like a white knight) however would also be ideal because he could formulate actual plans and wouldn't require as much help from humans other than to acquire energon. he could also go ape-shit-bananas on the battlefield and still have a good chance at winning. and if you have Onslaught, then (provided Bay is smart enough to include the others) you automatically get an additional four characters added to cast.

EDIT: and even though these two aren't connected at all, Bay could take the aspect from FOC of Onslaught being more or less Megatron's lieutenant or even second in command

16. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Why are people talking Dreadwing? Dreadwing was killed by Starscream during The Reign of Starscream comics.

I'd love to see someone like Skyquake or Cyclonus serve as SIC.

17. Ash from Carolina

Well I will agree that Transformers Prime as done some interesting new things with Dreadwing and Wheeljack to make some really cool characters.

But it seems like whatever sort of deal Paramount made with Hasbro it sort of lets the movies trump what is going on in other parts of the mythology. The movies sort of get whatever they want and they don't have to follow things like the comic books even when the comic books do some cool stuff.

Of course it's all likely for nothing as the list of possible Decepticons is so long that Dreadwing is likely not going to be on any short list in the first place. Hasbro seems happy with Dreadwing on Prime and the fans seem happy with him so it seems like some other Decepticon is more likely to get tapped for the role so that Transformers Prime can be a bit like the movies but not too connected to the movies.

18. Avengers

Avengers Banned

It depends on who the Decepticon leader in the next film will be.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Galvatron with Cyclonus as second in command is the only logical choice...hoping Bay and the writers see this.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Skyquake but he's based on Dreadwing, again it depends if we get Galvatron.