the next botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by dark69, Oct 13, 2006.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is there any hope that the next botcon will have more pre-beast wars toys?
    like they did with the Wreckers?

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe but very doubtful.

If I had to guess I could see them trying to tie in next years exclusives into the movie somehow.

3. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    theres not really any to do. Scorponok and Tarantulas maybe, but they don't look directly like anything in the comic.

Classics is supposedly the line they'll recolor, and I'm hoping for Megatron recolored and Browning and Prime recolored as Diaclone Powered Convoy.

yeah, thats dumb but the obvious recolors are going into the main line, so unless you want the rest of the seekers or bumblebee turned into Hubcap or Goldbug, theres not a lot you can do without going to brand new characters (which I'm not opposed to either)

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They already have the figures picked out according to what I've heard, but of course we don't know what they are. But it's pretty certain it's something that's already out. I really doubt it'll be more beasty stuff, they did a really thorough job of them this year. Movie tie-ins or something really G1-esque is my bet. (Maybe anime classics Astrotrain?)

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Spoiler...........................

They could do the Predacons, Razorclaw (Cybertron Leobreaker) and the others. I would love to get that at the next Botcon.

6. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Classics, huh? Can't say that's good or bad for me. Depends what they turn into. *Come on characters I don't care about*

7. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't mind seeing some Classics redecos done for the next BotCon. And this is coming form someone who could care less about the BC exclusives. However, I believe they'll do something to tie in with the 07 movie as well, since the convention's going to be held a week before the movie's release. Also I wouldn't doubt that Hasbro is going to want to use next year's Con to hype the movie too.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I'm almost positive I saw Pete Sinclair post somewhere on some board that next year's set would not be more pre-Beast Wars stuff, that it would be a different story.

I REALLY want next year's set to expand Classics in some way, either repainting Classics molds, or repainting molds from other series into G1 characters. But, you know, the set is decided already, so now we just play the waiting game. The good news is we should find out much earlier in the year. I would venture to guess we'll see the convention brochure as early as January or February since the con falls in the summer this year.

9. Shockwing

Shockwing Perfectly cromulent. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Since I'm actually able to go, I'd love to see an exclusive that fits in with the Alternators line (but one that doesn't use the overdone Silverstreak, Meister or Tracks molds).