The NEW TF Tribune! (normal articles)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by deltaprime, Feb 14, 2009.

1. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I've decided to split the Tribune into 3 parts, normal articles, special holiday articles, and interviews. I'll make my first update soon. In the meantime, you can check out the original Tribune (link in my sig)

Hope you guys like it!

2. deltaprime

Alright, here's the first article for the New TF Tribune (normal articles), focusing on Bonecrusher.

Why so Cranky?
    2-15-09
    Deltaprime

Most if not all of us know that Bonecrusher hates everyone and everything. I, however, wanted to know why.

I went up to Bonecrusher and started asking questions, which is why I'm now in a full body cast and having my little brother type this article out for me. Yep, he attacked me. Jerk.

I had my other little brother go and talk to some of the other Decepticons and ask them why BC is so angry and hateful. "I think it's because his head isn't screwed on right, or maybe his shoes are on way to tight," says Blackout. (haha. Grinch reference.)

When I spoke to Barricade he said, "Wait a minute, you're friend with that Trans+Crazy maniac aren't you?!?!"
    Took me a while to convince him to answer my questions after that, but he said that the reason Bonecrusher hates everyone is simply because of a childhood experience he had when all the kids made fun of him for having long arms and wheel feet.

So there you have it. Lil' Bonecrusher was picked on as a kid and now takes out his rage on human buses and cars. Whiner.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol 

Loved the Grinch reference... and Barricade's calling me "that Trans+Crazy maniac."

Great job as always, Deltaprime!

4. deltaprime

What's with all the twins lately?
    2-16-09
    Deltaprime

There have always been family relations within the Transformers lore. Optimus Prime has Ultra Magnus as a brother (or Megatron, depending on which generation you're talking about). And of course there's the Car Brothers: Sideburn, X Brawn, and Prowl. What I want to know is, what is with all the Twins coming up lately.

Originally, there was Sunstreaker and Sideswipe who were the franchise's twins. Nowadays, we have the Animated and Movie twins as well.

Perhaps Hasbro is just doing it as an excuse for future two-pack figures? Maybe the Allspark is just doing something in giving Transformers birth.

And what's next? Husband and wife Transformers? Maybe a father and son deal? Maybe we'll get a bot and his mother-in-law!! All I'm saying is, if TFs can have twins and siblings, what's stopping the Allspark from making other family relations?

Oh, and before I close this stupid article, I have one more idea for a Transformers relationship: Hasbro could make an old married couple two pack or something. Anyways, sorry if you got dumber reading this article. Next one will be better, I hope! :rolleyes: 

5. Lock Cade

:lol 

I'm waiting for the day when they claim that Optimus Prime and Eleta-1 are married... and Hasbro will use that as an excuse to come out with an Optimus/Eleta-1 figure set.

6. Lock Cade

I've decided to post some of my regular articles from the old TF Tribune. Going to post only one per day in here. So, here's the first one I've ever done... and my personal fav, after the Barricade Interview:

Fan Girl Annoys Evil Robot
    2-12-2009
    TRANS+CRAZY

Since July of 2007, a certain Transformers fan who goes by the username Trans+Crazy (pronounced trans-crazy, not trans-plus-crazy) has been annoying a certain Decepticon by name of Barricade. In fact, she has annoyed the Saleen-S281-converted-police cruiser-bot on purpose just days after Michael Bay’s Transformers was released in theaters. However, nobody has learned the full extent of this story… until now.

In a recent interview with Trans+Crazy, she claims that she asked for Barricade’s autograph and picture, but when she started to beg him to give her a “little ride,” he unexpectedly “turned homicidal,” resulting in a nearly fatal car chase around her hometown of Chelsea, Michigan.

“I just barely managed to lose him, but at the cost of nearly totaling my Wildfrost!” she whined.

By “Wildfrost,” Trans+Crazy is referring to her 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, which she claims is an Autobot but is unable to provide proof at the time, but that is a story for another time.

Barricade provided an entirely different story. According to him, Trans+Crazy called him “Smokey” and started to insult him, provoking him in going after her. She managed to give him the slip in the small, lesser-known community of Unadilla, but continued to be a big hassle. It didn’t take Barricade too long in making Trans+Crazy #1 on his hit list, with eBay username Ladiesman217 being #2.

At the time of this writing, the conflict between Trans+Crazy and Barricade is still unresolved, and shows no signs of stopping in the immediate future. But the question remains... who's telling the truth, Trans+Crazy or Barricade? The Transformers fan community may never know...

7. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I decided to do an interview with Optimus Prime about the recent metors seen crashing to Earth recently.

Unknown Metors plunge to Earth
    2-18-09
    0ptimus__Prime

Prime: Rachet has been doing some scans and they seem to have a mech-energy signature.

Me: So, these aren't normal metors?

Prime: We believe they may be from Cybertronian orgin.

Me: Like more Autobots coming to Earth?

Prime: We are unsure of their faction but we believe they Decepticons since their energy signatures don't match up to that of any Autobots.

Me: Should we be worried about a war? Also do you have any advice for us to be safe from these possible decepticons?

Prime: I advise everyone to be cautious. Any vehicle could be a possible threat. Keep most electronic devices in-doors and don't worry, The US Military have teamed up with us to investigate this matter. I must leave now to help lead a convoy into the desert to investigate a landing site not far from here. 'Till are one.

8. deltaprime

Very nice! A reference to the meteor sightings. I like it, but it goes into the Interviews thread. It's sort of a dumb new system I guess. Other than that, nice job. :thumbs2: 

I think I'll make a new article tomorrow. Haven't done a new one in a while....

9. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Whoops. Let me re-post it there then.

10. Lock Cade

Here's another article I've written in the old TF Tribune:

Is Trans+Crazy’s Jeep a Transformer?
    2-13-2009
    TRANS+CRAZY

It’s fairly common for longtime Transformers to brand their vehicles as either Autobots or Decepticons, but it is pretty safe to say that none of them claim that their vehicles are truly Transformers… at least, not out loud and outside the fan community, unlike a very certain TFW2005 member by name of Trans+Crazy.

Ever since Trans+Crazy bought her 2000 Jeep Cherokee off a neighbor and see Michael Bay’s Transformers in theaters, both in the summer of 2007, she branded it as an Autobot, but not until she gave it the name “Wildfrost,” a name she got from the Transformer Name Generator, did she start to make the claim that it’s a real Transformer.

There are only two problems to this claim. First off, the Jeep does not have any Autobot decals anywhere on its windows or chassis. Trans+Crazy stated that she has been unable to find any, but plans on getting them, “and besides, Wildfrost told me that he was in neutral in the civil war on Cybertron.”

Secondly, the Jeep did not respond to any questions or requests to transform. When asked, Trans+Crazy had only this to say:

“He’s shy! And he is also comfortable in his vehicle mode.”

We’ve interviewed several others concerning Trans+Crazy and her Jeep. Her fellow students at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, where she is currently attending, have heard her talking to her Jeep. As far as they’re concerned, she is a “nutcase.”

Barricade took some time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions. According to him, he never once saw Trans+Crazy’s vehicle turn into a robot, not much less an Autobot. All what he knows is that he’s going to “blow that Jeep up, hopefully with TFW2005 username Trans+Crazy in it, the next time I see it out on the road.”

Until Trans+Crazy could prove that her Jeep is a real-life Transformer, we cannot confirm that the vehicle in question is a “robot in disguise.”

Maybe with all this talk about meteors and the fan's reactions to them, claiming they're TFs coming to Earth, my Jeep just might in fact turn out to be one of them? Let's just hope it's an Autobot...

11. deltaprime

Rivals of the Fandom!
    2-19-09
    Deltaprime

Transformers has always been a part of most fans lives. It was the series and franchise they grew up with and came to know and love. However, there was another series before Transformers that doesn't receive as much love.

Yes, I'm talking about the Gobots. I spoke with several of them about what they had to say about this. The first being the Renegade leader, Cy-Kill.
    "Eh, I really don't care too much. Oftentimes I'll get to be an easter egg in one of the Transformers comics or something. Fans even kitbash new versions of me out of Transformers toys! The Transformers can have there fun. I'm enjoying paid retirement!" he says.

Other Gobots who've made there way into Transformers lore include Bugbite and Crasher- both of which I had the priviledge to speak to.
    "I just love those TFs! I wish I were part of their series to start with instead of my own! THEN I COULD KILL THEM ALL!!!!" says the insane Bugbite.

Crasher seemed a bit dissapointed by the fact that she was only homaged by the Movie character, Fracture. "I'm getting bored here! All I want is a new toy of myself that actually uses my name!" said Crasher.

Several others had their gripes and complaints with The Transformers franchise, while others just seemed happy to be retired and relaxed. And who knows? Maybe we'll get to see more of the Gobots in Transformers lore. We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled....

Anyone know which incarnation of Bugbite I based my interviewed one on? I'll give you a hint- From the Funnies Forum. :thumbs2: 

12. Lock Cade

You mean Cy-Kill actually enjoys being retired?

Surprised you didn't mention Leader-1 and what his reaction was to the one video on YouTube, where he waits on Optimus Prime and Megatron.

13. deltaprime

Trailer Today, Gone Tomorrow.
    2-21-09
    Deltaprime

Ever wonder where Optimus Prime's trailer goes when he transforms? So did I. I decided to do a bit of research on the subject, and boy was I surprised.

There are a number of reasons why the trailer dissapears, depending on which continuity it's in. Energon Prime for example, is a lard. Whenever his trailer dissapears, it's because he eats it. The Autobots had the Energon shortage because they had to keep creating new trailers for the wide load.

RID Prime's trailer comes off and is drives itself to a secretive underground location. Okay, fine. The trailer really just turns invisible. Armada Prime's trailer gets transported into subspace, just like Cybertron and Animated Prime.

The confusing one is G1 Prime. His trailer doesn't turn invisible, get eaten, or go into subspace. I was shocked to discover that G1 Optimus Prime's trailer--

content removed due to the fact that the truth about his trailer was never to be released to the general public. Move along, nothing to see here.

Oh well. I guess you'll never know where it goes! Mwa ha ha ha!

14. Lock Cade

I always wondered where Prime puts his trailer... guess I'll never know now...

Well, might as well put up another old article of mine:

Who’s The Better DJ? Blaster or Soundwave?
    2-14-2009
    TRANS+CRAZY

We’ve got to love Blaster and Soundwave, the bots who transformed into tape decks in Generation One, but there’s one question that has been bugging the fan community for 25 years… who’s the better DJ?

So we decided to invite Blaster and Soundwave to a contest. Naturally, both agreed, seeing that they’ve been rivals for countless millennia. We had them both transform into their tape deck modes, and ask for them to take turns in playing a song.

The contest almost didn’t take place as the two argued as to who would go first. We ended up having to flip a coin to see who go first; it ended up being Soundwave. Blaster protested, of course, stalling the contest even further, but we eventually got him calmed down.

Sound wave started off the contest by dedicating NRG’s “Instruments of Destruction” to Megatron, but Blaster cut him off by dedicating Stan Bush’s “The Touch” to Optimus Prime. Before we could stop the two, they took this contest by their own hands, constantly playing songs and trying their best to cut the other bot off. It continued as so for about five minutes, until they finally transformed back into robot mode… and we ended up running for our lives as they started exchanging blows, literally, with their fists as well as their guns.

Needless to say, it looks like we will never know who the better DJ is of the two. As a matter of fact, we will leave that up to the fans to decide.

That was the last of the normal articles I had written. Haven't had any good ideas for any more TF articles lately.

15. deltaprime

Maybe an article about Knock Off figures? Or maybe why Minicons were made. I'd love to read an article about these. Oh, another good one would be about Jetfire and his ties to the Macross/Robotech series.