The NEW MATERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME MP10, your thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Agentknife, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's probably old news to many, but Takara is releasing MP10 a new smaller Masterpiece Optimus Prime. From the pics I've seen on Big Bad Toy Store .com it without a dought looks better than the original. It looks like they've done away with the only real complaints I have with MP01 and that is the hydrolics at the elbows and the way his waist girdle does that skirtlifting up thing when you move his legs forward. Are those revoltech style revolver joints at the hips? Plus it will now be more in scale with the newer MPs like Grimlock and Hot Rod. The one thing I don't like about MP10 is the gun, it looks a bit puny and it has a huge hing on it.

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    No final decision on my part until i'm convinced QC is actually worthy of the price tag this time.

3. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dought I'll be getting one until Hasbro releases it here the US. By the way when that happens do you think Hasbro will include the trailer? Also instead of making it store exclusive they could maybe make a version without the trailer for sale in all stores and the more expensive versoin with the trailer be a store exclusive. I'd rather see both versipn everywhere but I'd like my idea better than the figure be exclusive to one store.

4. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Well i realy want one but i have mp-04 and mp-04 was bigger, has metal, and is cheaper than the new tiny plastic optimus

5. wildfly

News Credits:
    Hasbro would be more likely under pressure to stick with the 60.00 price point of previous releases.... which would suggest the trailer wouldn't make the cut.

That would eliminate the viability of two different versions.

6. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it would elimanate the viability of 2 versions. I think one version at $60.00 with no trailer and a 2nd with trailer for around $80.00 like the price for DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime.

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to get him but $250 for the Takara one is a bit much and after the Rodimus debacle I leaning towards waiting for Hasbro to release it. I just hate that they'll make the smoke stacks short.

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Easy pass. Stop flogging the Optimus/seeker horse and give us more new characters god damnit....

9. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also I haven't seen an MP Grimlock and an MP Starscream or Hot Rod standing side by side for size comparison like the Big Bad Toy Store pic does with MP10 and MP Rodimus. Are they all similer in size or is MP Starscream bigger like h original MP Prime and Megatrons were.

10. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that short smoke stack thing is BS and so is the lets ruin the looks of the MP Megatron by adding a big fat piece of orange plastic to the barrel thing.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  11. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I don't think much of MP-10. For one I'm sick of Optimus clogging up the Masterpiece line when there are so many other characters who need the Masterpiece treatment. Also, I prefer the robot mode of MP-04. MP-10s arms look too long and I don't like the skinny abdomen grill. And, imo, the price is just insane for what you get. Compare it with similarly priced Soul of Chogokin releases and it's just not a good value. I hope(in vain I know) that it doesn't sell well so we don't see repaint after repaint clogging up more Masterpiece release slots for years to come.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think it looks pretty cool and I'll probably be getting it.

13. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

As much as I like the way it looks, for the most part, I'm happy with my MP-01. I personally would rather see figures made that have not gotten the MP treatment yet. I have this vague fear of them doing nothing but improving and redoing the same 5 molds every 5 years. Let other characters have some time in the spotlight; bring on MP Prowl, or MP Galvatron. Hell, with Prowl you could re-use it twice and get very little flak from the fandom.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been paying much attention to it. Beyond the fact that I have a 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime that I'm perfectly happy with, the Masterpiece line has been disappointing lately and I'm not wasting money on any more MP figures at all.

15. wildfly

News Credits:
    Tell it to Hasbro. Not me.

16. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever since takara's skywarp I have been a first release pre-order person and think the takara ones are much better. This one I am waiting till either the takara ones drop in price due to lack of interested, which I do think could happen cause of the high price and redundancy or a us release like some already mentioned. I would be interested in this at a lower price but anything above 100 - 150 it's just not worth it cause I love MP-01/04 and scale is about the only thing I like about this new one.

17. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I would've liked to see G1 Bumblebee instead of yet another Optimus Prime reiteration. Pass.

18. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I actually think that this MP looks amazing, at first my initial thoughts were like Optimus Prime again, but after seeing pictures of it has really changed my mind about it. The price is the only thing I don't like about it.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

I think it's a great looking Prime.

20. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I don't have MP-1, 4, or any iteration of the MP Prime mold, so I'm interested in MP-10. Besides, I think it's cool to have a new, official Prime more in scale (lol scale in Transformers) with the other MPs.