The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure that out, surely they can't expect to sell it right?

2. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

My only regret from the hulkbuster wave is the girls, bought them during the "oh noes female figures are hard to get and sell for much more laterr" craze. Got the rest of them with price matches from the target sale.

End of the day, we can all say these figures will go down and get them for super cheap, but when that waves comes where it doesn't happen, and it will, the same people will hooping and hollering that they cost so much.

It is what is, you pay retail now and get or your figures or take the chance that you won't get them later. And I think feeling sorry for people that they paid retail is extremely condescending btw.

4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I'm not sure why you seem so confrontational over a simple difference in opinion and feel the need to twist my words to try to make your point. It has nothing to do with entitlement or proving anything, just simple business. Almost every business offers incentive for preordering things and/or buying larger quantities. Buy 6 chicken nuggets for $2 or a dozen for $3, buy one pair of shorts get the next one for $1 and tons of similar examples can be found in any retail industry. So yeah, I'm not trying to prove anything because I can see how most businesses work everywhere around me and it doesn't matter when in your head I'm asking to be entitled to heavy discounts but I specifically mentioned that a slight discount would be reasonable.

5. smkspy

Dude, in your past arguments, you were asking for two free figures from a case. I can understand like a 10 percent discount, but you were arguing for 2 free figures out of a case of 8 back then. That feels like entitlement to me when you're always going on about how you feel the price is too much.

6. Slave IV

HiiiiiiiYaaaa!:duel 
    ~$15 per figure is reasonable for preorders...you can see it happening now already with some of the current waves even without ordering the whole set or case. In the case of the X-Men wave where there were no doubles, yeah that added up to two free figures but most waves don't have 8 unique figures. But I guess I'm full of entitlement for wanting what is actually given by most businesses. So be it.

7. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I'm not going to order any. I just have no interest in most of these. Price is irrelevant. I don't want the figures and I don't want the unpainted Hulkbuster.

8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I just may try that!

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sadly, that won't work. Kitty is way too big for the Jubilee body. It would be like trying to put Mockingbird's head on Spider-Gwen's body.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Only until you open a wholesale account and see what these stupid figures cost. Big Bad _might_ be big enough to get a discount where that's survivable. But not if that's your high point for early adoption and they still have to clearance out half the order at 50% off 2 years later.

It's seriously at the point where I would make Amazon my distributor if I was going to continue this exercise in self-immolation that is toy retail. More reliable information, lower prices, free shipping, and they don't tell me to pound sand when boxes are dinged...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  11. Slave IV

Well, it sounds like it's a good thing I'm not in that business then. Whatever the case, I'm in no hurry to get any of these figures so like mentioned before, I'll only pay the full retail if I'm just worried I won't be able to get a figure otherwise and the rest will only be bought for $15 or less. Which is pretty much what I've been doing other than that X-Men wave I preordered. MLs are pretty much just an afterthought for me to buy a few here and there when there aren't better toys I want ATM.

12. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I have select hulk buster but for that price...I can't say no.

I'm sure I can list the figures for like 10-12 bucks and eventually someone will buy it

13. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

The HTS website ships to Canada, but their eBay store won't. Obviously. :mad: 

14. Tormatron

Tormatron Well-Known Member

Did you preorder this? If so, from where?

I'm 12 deep into collecting Marvel Legends figures and I am late in learning this, although most of my purchases are harder to find figures/exclusives like MU Falcon/Panther/WS, Deadpool, Wolverine, Rogue but I did buy Chameleon, Dr Strange and Jack O' Lantern at retail price.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  15. smkspy

It's a gamble. If you're buying pizza spidey, daredevil, spidey 2099, or movie antman along with these discounted figures, then it's pretty much breaking even.
    Chameleon is a funny one not to sell extremely well since he is just a massive suit troop builder. If he were sale right for $6, I'd probably buy six or seven. Currently mine is Red Skull.

I would grab a carol from the Odin wave, but there doesn't seem to be a general free shipping code. No rush for her.

16. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks Mr. Dreamcrusher. I wonder if that head will fit on the older Kitty body.

17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go that far. Yeah, quite a few of them end up going on clearance down the line, but I don't think deep clearances like this are that common anymore. I remember thinking how much less stuff (especially TF-wise) ends up getting marked down recently. And the popular figures will still be hard to find. For every $7 War Machine, there's someone who never got a Carnage, you know? It's really a gamble.

Keep checking HTS's website. I've heard they've been echoing the same prices on there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Why isn't Target getting in the Hobgoblin wave??

19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Because if your local stores are like mine, they are sitting on tons of older product that isn't moving, even after they put it on sale. They need to refresh their DPCIs more often instead of using the same one for years at a time.

20. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    FWIW, I found a Miles Morales at a Target. Could have been a return from a different store I suppose.