The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Ah good old Cable. The only reason I know anything about him is because they grouped him with Deadpool.

2. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I got my Mr. Sinister and Black Panther the other day. T'Challa's pretty cool. Sinister's good, though I wish his wrists rotated, and his cape could use a few dozen more tassles/strands.

I've been meaning to take some collection pics, but I may just wait for my variant Cyclops to show up.

And I would like to have Cable. I saw one sitting on a Wal-Mart peg some time after that wave came out. Unfortunately, I can't stand his headsculpt. It's terrible. But I have this feeling that ToyBiz isn't going to make a new Cable any time soon. Sounds just like his uncle Havok (I wonder if the local Wal-Mart has the Giant-Man Series yet).

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hav'nt got the Cable fig yet. Might one day if I ever see him cheap.

One's I still like to see real bad are Basilisk & Deaths Head II and a buildable Fin Fang Foom

Maybe more combiner packs but with teams , like The Serpent Society with the best from both squads.
    Or X Factor (build a Strong Guy),

And more 3-4 packs like the Celestials, Nightstalkers,Pantheon ,Marauders with oldstyle Sabertooth or the Thor Corps

They can give us Slapstick and Epoch as extras like they did with Impy and the Sentinel head.

Would also like to see Night Thrasher , Nomad , Starhawk, Nova, Warlock, Crossbones, Shiva, Zodiak, Kang (or Drax), Badoon, Darkhawk, Rage, and Kree

Wouldnt mind a Kraven, Doc Samson and a Talon either

4. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

i'm so late for the party, i've only just started collecting these

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amen! Bring on a New Warriors boxed set! (Still pissed @ Marvel for killing them off in Civil War #1 :mad )

I have to admit I've stayed away from MLs w/ the exception of the Capt. America I picked up way back when the line had first started. Now w/ all of the pack-in pieces to build (fill in the blank) I'm so tempted to dive in. In fact, I picked up a MOSC varient Cyclops yesterday for $10. Now just gotta decide which series to start on first - Sentinel, Apocalypse, Giant Man or Onslaught?

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're an X-men fan, I recommend the Sentinel series...for the obvious reasons. The Sentinel is indeed awesome! Another reason is the number of X-men and their foes in this line up.

In the Sentinel series you get not only Cyclops but also Mr. Sinister, Angel, Mystique and Omega Red!

7. artiepants

artiepants #GoHawks

News Credits:
    hey, i asked this a long time ago but didn't see a response ~ if there was one, sorry ~ any release date/quarter for the 12" MLs?

8. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Keep a look out this month and next i'd say, some website*don't ask me which i don't usely keep up with toy sites unless its initials are BBTS* has them already so i'd say this month or next would be a sure thing.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
  10. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Whens the "House of M" BoxSet due out?? I just got the "Young Avengers" Box set and passed on the "Marvel Monsters" set, so does that make The M set wave 2?

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I can't really remember but I think its in the 3rd quarter...read it in Toyfare(?) and on some websites. That is one box-set I'm also looking forward to!

12. Wreckgar

Stupid House of M box. Has an Iron Man figure in it so of course I have to get one now...

As for the 12 inch IM, he looks awesome but those guys on the forum as dumb as posts. The shoulders aren't reversed. Whoever owns it just pushed them down instead of at a 45* angle.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    My latest Marvel/DC haul:

1. All of series 1 Face-off with the exception of the varient Daredevil and Kingpin set. The Hulk is my fave!!!

2. Hulkbuster Iron-man (series 11) - bought him for my Hulk "theme".

3. Iron man (series 1) - always loved the classic design.

4. Punisher (series 4) - got him to compliment the Kingpin.

5. Namor (series 3) - my Defenders' line-up is complete! For those who don't know who they are, the team comprises of Dr. Strange, Namor, the Siliver Surfer and the Hulk!

6. Watcher (Marvel Select) - an essential in all Marvel Collection!

7. Darkseid (Superman/Batman series 2) - ok,ok he's not a Marvel Character but he's Darkseid! DC's biggest cosmic villian. He is massive (even taller than Marvel Select Thanos) and well sculpted. Only flaw is his lack of articulation. Eg. no waist articulation.

I really need to get a camera to post pictures but I'm pleased with my haul...especially since I'm a comic book junkie! :D 

14. Wreckgar

I saw that Darkseid yesterday and wasn't impressed. Actually none of the Turner art based figures really impresses me. I have the Green Arrow from IC series 1 just to have a Green Arrow but otherwise, they all look off.

And that saddens me because I was going to pick up the Supergirl.

15. Chaos Muffin

Was pretty impressed how poseable & stable that DC SuperHeroes Scarecrow is . Great fig.

Just finished Giant Man. That Kitty Pryde was hard to nab
    [​IMG]

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I knpw what you mean about Darkseid. Actually I prefer the sculpt of the upcoming Mattel's version - looks like the definitive version of him.

However, I bought the DCD version for the following reasons:

i) its a Darkseid. Mattel's Darkseid is going to be short-packed like Doomsday was so I rather lay my mitts on one first. Darkseid is a must-have villian in the DC Universe for me.

ii) Scale. Compared to the one released a couple of years ago, this one is massive. Some sites have posted news that Mattel is retooling the "Superman" wave so Darkseid's scale could be reduced.

iii) Quality. The quality of DCD is superior compared to Mattel's mass produced toys. E.g. plastics is better.

But of course, I will try to get my hands on the Mattel obe when it comes out.

I agree with you that Turner's art does not translate well into toys...

Chaos, congrats in completing your Giant-man! I like the sculpt on the big guy! I'm considering if I should import him as it would cost be around 200 bones to import him! :D 

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I need help finding those Face Off figs and Walmart MLs. It's getting to the point where I am seriously thinking about paying inflated ebay prices for them. WTF doesn't SoCal, the great LA with more people than some small countries, don't have them anywhere. I swear I feel like I live in Kansas instead of Cali. Ridiculous!

18. Chaos Muffin

Thanks Liger

I believe this is the same fig Wreckgar used to kick off the original 'Cool Stuff' Thread

[​IMG]

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Chances are, you'd have better luck finding them if you did live in Kansas instead of Cali.

As for me, this may be the wave that turns me off marvel legends altogether. I still need the hulk/leader two pack and the daredevil/kingpin two pack after passing them when I didn't have cash for all three vs. packs. Also, since I first saw the wave, I haven't seen anything except AoA sabertooth, one of the figs I DON'T want.

20. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Just picked this one up yesterday before work. I think this Hulk is the tallest regular figure in my collection now.
    [​IMG]