The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

?

Poll closed.

1. Closed?

166 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Yup, closed.

120 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, that works for me. Bumblebee didn't use a weapon that often and if it came with a 'Spike' figure instead then that would be perfect. Who knows what stipulations VW made in the past when TT were trying to make a BT/Alt Bumblebee but if guns were an issue couldn't they just be left out?

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    All this talk about MP Bumblebee...you guys ever wonder, even if he's licensed, how he's going to be released?

As a super deformed car? As a regular MP car [like Sideswipe and Prowl] that compresses down for robot mode?

If they want a superdeformed car, why even go for the license?

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The VW beetle is a pretty small car so while robot mode might end up a little bigger than people like it should be quite a bit shorter than the other MP cars.

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We can always shapeways a gun for 'Bee, or no doubt Dr Wu would fill the need.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because even as a SD car, it's still easily recognizable as a VW bug. From what I understand from enterlaw, if someone can say "yup, that's a bug alright." TT can be screwed.

6. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I think if they do aquire the VW licence, make Bumblebee the deformed bug with the box notation being "inspired by VW" (they could do the same for Cliffy and the Porsche license), and then make a properly proportioned VW bug for Goldbug. I'd buy both!

As for scale issues, I could really picture the mini-bots being made to proper bot scale while keeping the vehicles roughly in scale with the other Autobot cars. I say that because, comparing my MP Sideswipe/RA with my Binaltech guys, the BT cars are much bigger than the MP cars, yet the bots are close to the same height. Without the need for an empty interior, the MP cars can really stretch out into much bigger robots, whereas the mini-bots could be much more stout, while compressing much more of the mass into the bot. I guess time will tell...

7. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    I wish I shared your optimism. [​IMG]
    The WW2 link is deep for both brands. The Porsche company line is all about image. Neither company is hurting for cash. I just don't see how compromising a basic tenet of their post-war identities makes sense, especially just to make some nerds happy.

8. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

^ Wait, what? Are you saying Porsche's main goal and corporate philosophy, not to mention brand identity, isn't about making nerds happy? [​IMG]

9. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

Car nerds yes. Toy nerds, no.

There's no reason NOT to be optimistic. This is what it is, a business deal. Both VW and Porsche license out their names ALL the time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they make WAY more money as a % of profit than you imagine they do. The car business is, at best, a break even proposition. Why do you think Porsche made an SUV and a 4-door sedan? PROBABLY B/C THEY WANTED THE MONEY. Well, to be fair, their parent company probably told them they wanted them to stop leaving money on the table.

From what people say, I understand that there was a restriction on making a war toy since they're sorry they were supporting Nazis, etc. But the people who made those rules are probably dead now. Or will be soon. I guarantee you VERY few people running either brand care as much about that rule. They understand that a deformed VW Bug or a hipster Porsche that turn into robots is light and fun and they make $ or get free advertising. They're hip to this.

Now, maybe they won't go for it today, or tomorrow, or next year, but it will happen eventually. It's money on the table.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Q1: Which would you most associate with war and to be the most Hilter-like?

a) Bumblebee
    b) Jazz
    c) Darth Vader

Q2: VW are a bunch of what if they don't give up the licenses?

a) Hypocrites
    b) Assholes
    c) All the above

Q3: If VW doesn't give up the licenses they can...

a) KMA
    b) SMD
    c) All of the above

11. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like you. You use logic.

12. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

so if vw doesn't budge no mp bb,jazz or cliffjumper?? s that sux :/

13. soundwave144

soundwave144 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a,c,c, lmao!

14. Hellion42

News Credits:
    Whoever said emotion and perception were logical? :lol 

Enterlaw, you make good financial and legal points, but I don't think the refusal to license to TT for Transformers has anything to do with either. VW's roots are fimly in the Nazi party. Porsche's founder was jailed for war crimes. This is kind of a big deal culturally, and a driving force behind the "no war machines" creedo. It may seem silly to us that imaginary Transformers are lumped in with the all too real war machines produced in the past, but that's what's happening. It's part of their post-war identity... I don't see potential licensing fees or TF fans' happiness as enough to offset something so ingrained.

15. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I'd have thought that VW allowing a Veyron to be used in TF4 would be some indication that their hang-ups over the war connection may be on the way out.

16. Hellion42

News Credits:
    I hadn't heard about that... interesting. If they want to prove my previous posts wrong, I'll be okay with that. :lol 

17. gary39

gary39 Well-Known Member

well for me you really need to have cliff,bb and jazz to round out autobots g1 mp collection like i said thats just me those are my faves that i want to have with mp-10

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since TakTomy is still fighting to get these "tough" licenses,i sure hope they will get Porsche license.

19. soundwave144

soundwave144 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ jazz was one of my faves from g1 also. was it his attitude? or the cool car? or the sunglasses looking visor he had?

20. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

The war toys thing is a bit moot here when you take into consideration that the Nazis were evil, the Autobots are not.