The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

?

Poll closed.

1. Closed?

165 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Yup, closed.

120 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the MP-11 mold is just so tasty to me. all my qualms with mp-3 were resolved and then some. I still need to pick up sunstorm at some point. maybe he will be further discounted by the time my bday rolls around and I can hint to the wifey.

anyways though, I will eventually want all variations of it. I like hasbro TC so I won't be getting a takara one there, but I would definitely replace mp3 version skywarp in a heartbeat.

I'd probably keep my walmart/hasbro mp-3 starscream though because of the colors. And the fact that a friend gave it to me as a gift. I don't sell off gifts :) 

2. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

This might seem like I'm really going out there on a tangent - stay with me though; this is a speculation thread after all! :D  If Takara releases MP Soundblaster with Ratbat, there are a few other maybes, each just as valid or subjective for now as the first: that this specific release would sell well.

The next thing is, if Hasbro would sell their own MP Soundblaster. They would want to at least in principle it seems, because they're releasing MP Soundwave. There shouldn't be any legal hitch stopping Hasbro from producing what would be the release's known quantity: a black repaint.

The other known quantity here is that Hasbro's MP Soundwave will include all the Masterpiece cassette characters already released by Takara. Even those who might not want the Hasbro release - at least for the time being - would concede that this release is comparatively great value. That doesn't mean that Hasbro are going to shoot themselves in the foot over MP Soundblaster by including an as yet hypothetical Ratbat with their Masterpiece Soundwave.

Would Hasbro really release MP Soundblaster with no cassettes? Ok, that's an absurd question. :) 

Would straight repacks or repaints of the current or known upcoming cassettes really be the only option for Hasbro's MP Soundblaster? Not if you want to consider unknown quantities, and since we're already speculating about MP Ratbat, here is my last 'if': What if Takara is, or will at a later date, work on MP Ratbat, Slugfest and Overkill close together so two an be released in a boxed set and the other with their MP Soundblaster?

That way, Takara could release the two MP sets as a one-two punch, and Hasbro could release all three new cassette molds included with their MP Soundblaster at a time of their choosing. Ok, this is still two cassettes down from Hasbro's MP Soundwave release, but just as many unique molds and still better value or incentive for selling what might otherwise appear to be a black repaint. ;) 

3. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know whether MP Smokescreen will have free launcher like MP17,MP18 or no news as yet? In the cartoon series,does Smokescreen has launcher too...

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I can't see Hasbro putting out MP Soundblaster... But then again, I would have thought a person was high for ever suggesting they release MP Acid Storm, yet it's coming. Now I just think Hasbro's high. But I suppose...who knows what doors could open if that fig actually sells well. On the flip side, who knows what door could close if (or more likley when) it flops... Can't say I'm going to help the cause, though. Unlike the iGear Coneheads, I don't think I'll ever regret not having one Rainmaker or almost two if you want to include Sunstorm...or even all 3 using the Bro's MP Thundercrapper. MP's not about ghetto fill-ins like Classics is/was. Or for me, having figures that never even existed like F-15 Rainmakers. Make them Tetrajets and I might consider...

5. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully TT will reissue MP-11 Screamer soon for all of the ppl who are desperate to own him,trust me you guys will just love him...i fell in love with the sneaky little bastard the moment i had him in my hands :) 

6. RDprime

RDprime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would be all over a reissue of MP-11. DO IT TT!!!

7. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 The Man on the Silver Mountain

With my luck, I'll finally break down and get iGear Traitor and then Takara will announce the MP-11 SS reissue. I'll take donations from those that want to see this happen :) 

8. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

I am all for any and all cassetticons, official or otherwise, that look as good as the official MP ones. The CST-03/04 sets are close enough, but not as awesome as I'd like. But for Ratbat, I kind of want an official one. I'd prefer multi-packs that don't require buying a black Soundwave repaint that I have no use for, just for a cassette (or even 3.)

Multipacks, or packed-in with someone with the draw like Shockwave or Megatron, would be how I'd prefer it. At least if it's a pack-in, I hope it's a new desirable character and not Soundwave all over again.

At worst, I guess some could use the black Soundblaster in deck mode for displays?

9. orangeitis

orangeitis The Almost-Completionist

Ebay:
    I want an MP of this Arcee, except with the kibble more integrated into her arms.

10. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

This seems like a broken record for all the MP releases so far. "Oh I missed the first release cause I don't want it, but now everyone has it and it looks cool I want it too, but damn I don't want to pay the secondary market price, please rererererelease it":banghead: 

11. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

For me, I have purchased every MP I've had the chance too since they have redone the line. I just missed out on Screamer.

:( 

12. motorthing

motorthing Purple People Eating

News Credits:
    Yes....and we are surprised by this.......?

13. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Not surprised, just start another thread about how you missed out and they should release it. They should then merge the thread with people waiting for the hasbro release.

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Makes a change from you complaining about paint apps and QC doesn't it? :p 

15. orangeitis

orangeitis The Almost-Completionist

Ebay:
    ...really? No one else would?

16. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'd definitely be a cool MP, but it falls outside of my collecting targets I'm afraid. I'd definitely enjoy the various pictures though.

17. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

anyone think that Hasbro/takara would ever chance masterpiece triple changers or combiners
    some might think it wishfull thinking ,but when you consider that proper springer and blitzwing triple changers released by Hasbro used to be wishfull thinking
    and now it turns out Hasbro didn't forget them(2013) ,
    it just makes you think what they have in store for the masterpiece line

18. styliesteve

styliesteve Active Member

Wait till Acid Storm hits then suddenly the demand for Sunstorm shoots up and everyone demands his re-release even though most stores now can't get rid of him.

These are Masterpiece figures people buy them when they are available or be sorry when you miss out. The only one I skipped was MP9 and that was due to QC problems every other MP I preordered about a month before release.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Got my Frenzy and Buzzsaw today.

Now I only want Ratbat and that's it.

Any change you think Ratbat might be with someone else besides Soundblaster? Example, like the time Ravage came with Hound in the Generation line.

20. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

My problem was I hadn't decided to collect MPs from Japan until after it was too late. I was on the strict Hasbro diet. Now that I understand that won't work, I need someone--hasbro or takara--to rerelease the damn thing again.