The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I just don’t understand the point of coming into a thread to say that it’s pointless. Agreed, I said a few posts back that we’ve never been right, but I still wasn’t dissmissive of the entire thread.

Also agreed that in many ways it’s more fun to enjoy the ride than overanalyse it, but sometimes it’s nice to pop in here with a mad theory anyway. Especially in a big lull when there’s no new figures to talk about elsewhere. Sure beats arguing politics on the interwebz.

No offence or agression intended on my part, apologies if I’m coming across that way.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No offence taken, just surprised at the full on defence force response and completely missing my point.

The reality is there is no reasonable speculation to be had for what will happen. Takara have shown for years that there is no pattern, insiders can be right.....and wrong. This means things most likely change very quickly behind the scenes. Everyone knew Blaster was imminent a few years ago based on some pretty solid evidence yet we're still waiting.

So genuinely, what is the point in guessing something that has no pattern? Isn't the fun in seeing Takara announce a new figure? Something tangeable and worth speculating on what accessories/colours/etc?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Ah I getcha, speculating about what could come with releases instead of what order they'll come in. Yeah, I agree that is just as fun.

Optimus has to be revealed in the next two weeks (between Figure King, Comic Con and Generations 2019). I wonder what more we'll find out about him then!

4. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I expect nothing. If we see even one colour pic I'll be happy.

Again, history dictates this shit never goes as ppl expect it.

Edit - you know I used to love being knee deep in this stuff years ago but disappointment after disappointment eventually takes its toll and the fun stops. I just get a kick out of waking up and seeing a new mp mould plastered all over FB now. Even if it's few and far between for g1 stuff nowadays.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Heh, totally agree with all points but the "watered down" one but that's all to do with personal preference. For me they've spiced a line up that previously I was becoming fatigued with and finding the increasing sunbow-esque aesthetic unappealing. I can't stand the movies, hate them with quite a passion in fact, but I don't mind becuase.. I'm getting Beast Megatron next year! I never dreamed I'd be able to say that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    We all dig different things man and that's cool. Sunstreaker was my last official mp, so for my likes/wants it hasn't just been watered down, it's been diluted drastically from the concentrated flood of g1 we had in the years before and we don't even know when the next new g1 mould is coming. Just a random, albeit awesome, reveal at a show nobody guessed would show anything lol

Your BW Megs excitement was my Sunbow Megs excitement, I just wish they had more concrete stuff on Sunbow Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know for me, the speculation game is not nearly as fun or diverting anymore as it was in years past, when the reboot was new and we had no reason to think the sky wasn't the limit as far as who could get made. I (fondly?) remember speculating everybody from Battlechargers to Road Caesar might be right around the corner... but Diaclone carbot after A-list character after Diaclone carbot has so dampened my enthusiasm that I didn't update my sig because... I forgot. I used to think about this line all the time. Now guessing who's next seems almost pointless, not because it's too hard to guess but because it's too easy.

8. Big Smoke

Big Smoke Banned

I would really appreciate it if they did The Battlechargers, if they cant do Insecticons or any of the triplechangers; Runamuck and Runabout would definitely help build the con ranks up

• Like Like x 1
  9. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    #DeathToThisThread

• Like Like x 1
  10. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Honestly man, it’s a fun idea, but there’s no point digging in this deep if you’re not gonna go all the way. C’mom, finish your adventure.

It must be November-December. Everyone’s hyper-bitchy because we haven’t had a new release in a long stretch.

• Like Like x 3
  11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I will keep the G1 light aflame!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Gloom and doom time I see . I blame the MPM’s. There toxic Hollywood fame spilled over into our cherished G1 holy grails . This line should of been kept strictly to standout G1 characters along with there team mates. Key components to the Bots and cons . Say what you want . Haters can hate me . The MPM’s will kill this line if they keep this pace . That said , gimmie hound and V3 prime so I can peace outta here . If your going to respond to this post , leave the hate mail in my PM. I’ll delete it later .

• Like Like x 8
  13. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all my disagreement with the way he often posts (in fact, I think he might not even be seeing my posts) I can appreciate the pattern he's trying to decipher here, it's fun.

I respectfully disagree. I think people are not properly reading and are looking for faults that are not there, rather than accepting the simple mathematics of it (which is all it is really). The MPM line, release dates or anything prior to MP32 has zero relevance to this number(ing) theory.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Oh they have a ton of relevance. You have to figure them in because they affect production from start to finish. They change the shape of the release schedule and have caused changes in the pace of other parts of the line.

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I overheard there is usually no Figure King in December. Is that true?

If so, best to hope in the next few days.

16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Apart from Figure King 250 this month there is also Comic Con on the 30th, and Generations 2019 comes out on December 10th. We won’t need a December issue of Figure King :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    You hit the nail on the head -- it's a fun idea. And so ridiculously simply. There's no need to complicate it.

Coming in loud and clear mate, and thanks for the support.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

The fact is, Verno's list is not about pacing. It's just about numbering: he's not saying that his list will come out in 1 year (or 2 years, or 3 years, or wathever), he's just saying that, for example, MP 47 (WHENEVER he'll be released, tomorrow or 10 years from now) will be a BW character. By this metric, the MPM line doesn't count at all (simply because it has his own numbering).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I felt like I was taking crazy pills yesterday. I'm glad people understood what I was getting at.

• Like Like x 2
  20. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

AMEN!! ... you are not alone brother ... old Geewuners never die, they simply fade away ...