The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, they were drawn very inconsistently, that shot has many levels of wrong in it. Look at Grimlock--he looks about a hundred feet tall. During the fight, the Sharkticons looked about the same size as Hot Rod and Kup (to increase the visual communication of the Autobots' peril). Then when the Dinobots arrive, they're drawn massively oversized and the Sharkticons shrink to communicate what utter badasses the Dinobots are.

Hm. Rather like someone who's never seen Star Wars starting with the Holiday Special, or someone who's never seen a vampire film starting with Twilight, or someone who's never eaten food starting with tofu.

Watch "The Agenda." The three-parter that ends Season Two. It's the absolute best that Beast Wars has to offer. If you don't like that, then you don't like Beast Wars.

Don't rule out Lio Convoy being next. Fan-favorite leader character for the anniversary...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I couldn't care less about Lio Convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I think with BW Scorponok having such a simple Transformation, Takara would easily have Blueprints to make and release one.

4. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Grimlock standing at the edge of the pit that Hot Rod and Kup were at the bottom of in that scene? If so then it’s drawn correctly considering Grimlock is in the foreground of the shot and at a higher elevation than the rest of the bots in the frame.

5. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Which is why, when they finally drop the Prime V3 painted prototype, he should be posed in his first appearance pow-wow from More Than Meets The Eye with a ready to roll MP Jazz and MP Trailbreaker, so the fandom loses its mind.

(No-one gives a shit about Prowl at this point, obviously, but he's there to make up the head count ... :D )

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

YES!!!

I could totally see them showing off that scene with Prowl + in the background. It’s the perfect setup, drop that on us Takara-Tomy!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I don't think so, they're standing in the midst of all the dead Sharkticons the Dinobots had just trampled.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

In that case, I need to say sorry for the bad info :( 

9. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Oh I think it's still an important step forward. I mean imagine it like this: Hasbro is a toy company that makes robots that turn into cars. (And other things. But a helluva lotta cars.) They're approached by a race car company that wants to brand their race car with the Autobot symbol. If a lightbulb didn't go off over the Hasbro rep's head saying "Hey, we could make a toy of this car that transforms into a robot as part of the licensing deal," that's pretty poor and I shake my head at Hasbro.

Now if that did indeed happen, Hasbro would still have to get a licensing deal with Ligier, because this race car is a Ligier. And if Ligier is like, "Oh, I don't know, robots with guns," I say Ligier: wake up and smell the Autobot symbol on your race car. You're already in bed with Hasbro.

So I'm serious about the next time somebody has John Warden's attention, ask him about this car. Because if everybody involved is behaving sensibly (and wouldn't that be a nice surprise), this toy should be in the design stage right now.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I think you're bang-on here. Shit like this is how multi-layered licensing and business partnerships happen. This is very possible the door that could kick down whatever holdup could have affected Mirage.

That said, I'm not hedging my bets, but I'm allowing myself to hope for the secret hero of the Autobots to finally get his MP due.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Oh, right! It had been awhile since I’d watched that. I just now viewed the clip and you’re right. Funny, I never really thought about how huge Grimlock is in that scene! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. GearsRollo

Looks like MPM-6 Ironhide and MPM-7 Movie Baybee are the next up toward the end of the year, and they may have loosened the purse strings a bit for Ironhide. That gives us some good guidance around what the openings in the release schedule should be!

13. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Yeah, according to the Loopaza listing MPM7 is an October release? That's only three months from now... I can't think of another time a MP comes out only three months after its reveal, barring TTS exclusives.

14. GearsRollo

Yeah, they're saying the MPM7 in October and I think MPM-6 in November? Either way, my guess is that this means that the next new piece will be MP-43 BW Megs in Jan, with V3 Prime later on. Three new releases in four months will probably have the factories pretty close to the limit.

Hopefully, though, this means that 2019 will have some really nice G1 goodies, as it'll be a damn thirsty situation by then if they don't find some way to drop an MP-44 Carbot on us on the double-quick after the MPMs in December.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

Something struck me up he other day whilst looking at MP Stripes. Have a look at the comparison with MP Ravage below. It seems to me that based on the section where Stripes’ “wings” are stored in tape mode that Stripes was a consideration from the start when Ravage was designed. What do you guys think? Was Stripes on the table from the outset or was it a retrofit?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say it's a coincidence and they would've made those fins bigger if they could have, but it's the beauty of Hasui's scheme that it still looks elegant with certain parts changed.

I wonder for retools like that if it's Kobayashi who is in charge, or if they get other designers to work on little modifications like that. Always found it interesting how Yuki designed MP-5 but Kobayashi was in charge of his paint scheme.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Kre-O Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This is wishful thinking on my end, but I'm calling it now for 2019: Masterpiece Animated figures next year.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't know about offical mp animated figures but i think third party will do mp tf prime and animated figures.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm really looking forward to what they have next for Beast Wars. At least those don't need car licensing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too early for that I think. The releases are already so sparse, adding a 3rd series of characters will eat into the release schedule for G1 and BW even further. I want them to get the ark crew and main 10 S1 BW characters done before they move on to other series - That is just 10 more molds left before we complete those 2. Could easily be done in 5 years, but I don't trust Takara to actually do this.