The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Instructicon

Instructicon Active Member

So, the news is that the packaging for Masterpiece Soundwave will be similar to the Japanese release(cardboard box). Unlike the previous U.S. releases(clear plastic boxes), the figure and accessories will not be visible from the outside the box. The box will feature a new Masterpiece logo and Japanese stickers.

Also, apparently Hasbro showed a picture of Acid Storm at the Toy Fair. It's probably the usual over-shopped variety but apparently it is not the lime green deco from the cartoon, nor is it the digital camo version. But a it's a nice pine green color. Can any industry insiders or Toy Fair attendees confirm this?

2. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Best way for tak-tom to wrap up 2013 after summer and the Datsun guys and get this line even more bang on target than it's becoming already:

MP20 Megs - Oct.
    MP21 Ironhide - Nov
    MP22 Ratchet - Nov
    MP23 Sunstreaker - Dec
    MP11C Skywarp - Dec

Never gonna happen, but man it would be ace.

So long as we get Megs v2 this year, I'm cool with it. But hey ... Megs + Ironhide gives me my fave scene from the movie (clue: it's in the av.) Megs + Prowl (hopefully packed with his badass purple Starcruiser throne) let's me voice throw: MEGS: "Stay with them!" .... PROWL: "View-Trex report! We ARE being followed!"

[​IMG]

Happy bunny either way.

===========

3. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the way you think.
    I second your wishful thinking!

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could totally go for that listing well. Last two seekers and Megs to appease con collectors, two awesome Autobots for me. PLUS, TakTomy only need to create two molds for it! Sounds like a great plan to me.

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I don't, if only that I wouldn't be able to afford all of them at once!

If, and only if the Datsun brothers are a reality in the months they're supposed to be [don't get me wrong, but it's been nearly a month and no japanese site has a preorder up], then they could either re-issue a big toy [Starscream or Rodimus], much like how they re-issued Prime in October and keep the December release date for the new big toy. Megatron, Magnus or Galvatron.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Acid Storm Starscream is a crap colour to me,no offence to anybody who like the colour of Acid Storm

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    nooo too much too soon would never be able to afford all of that and christmas

8. dannyboy76

dannyboy76 "It's all in the wrist"

Okay it's your favorite scene and a million other people's favorite scene. It used to be my favorite scene but the fact you keep mentioning it and your user name has put me off the scene for life.

Anyone else taken the user name from my now favorite scene firstwecracktheshellthenwecrackthenutsinside? Don't ruin it for me.

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    It's just Trailbreaker doing a wallpaper set upto MP30 and was throwing out whether he should have Shockwave or Ultra Magnus as 30.

I has no idea when Shocky will be coming!

10. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great line up but pfft the wallet would need some coaxing. Never going to happen but love your thinking.

Ha - no just teasing. I really thought that a Shockwave image would be released as a spoiler for Quakewave but now think Megs is more likely as the next big con. As others on here have pointed out, MP20 Megatron has a nice sound to it.

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

After reading this, it occured to me that it might be a nice little nod / in-joke to keep Megatron v2.0 back until MP38. It would mean waiting a little (a lot?) longer, but it would amuse me :) 

12. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Very logical but the fan-dom will explode if they are kept waiting that long!

13. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Canceled my Casseticon Pre-orders. REALLY hoping Hasbro's Soundwave and Friends has a nice paint app and accessories.

I'm on the fence with Acid Storm, Assuming his colors are not matching the TV Cartoon, it will give me a way to tie in IGear Storm. His colors don't match the TV either and certainly don't fit Sun Storm compared to Takara's. Eventually being able to stand 3 Rainmakers with a future Shocky would be cool (Despite that they are never shown together on screen).

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Rumours are he is camo'd. I'd say iGear's Sunstorm is a closer fit than Takara's too. IIRC the cartoon version wasn't multicoloured.

15. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    The Datsun brothers legs......

With Prowl Bluestreak and Smokesceen coming out somewhat soon, how do people think the legs will be transformed? can they slimline the G1 esq transformation? or do they need to switch to the Classics style legs that are nicely designed but arent Masterpiece accurate in my opinion?

16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    It may not be that long if they keep on releasing them the way there doing it now. ( I prefer him to be sooner rather then later tho )

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK here is the next five, I think all I have left is Mirage, Cliffjumper & Gears to finish up the '84 lineup.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

They could do it like the RX-8/Impreza Binaltech moulds, which had G1-ish forms with realistic car interiors.

19. orangeitis

orangeitis The Almost-Completionist

Ebay:
    I think they'll go with better bot mode proportions instead. Assuming of course they don't wanna bother with trying to pull off both.

20. close313

close313 Member

You know what, i really believe that ratchet/ironhide is extremely possible. Almost like red alert/sideswipe. Red to white with the ambulance/police car lights. What im worried for is sunstreaker.. what other things can he be milked as? The red/white sunstreaker variant?