The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

We certainly have a tendency to get real hyped about things that don't end up happening, but honestly, I think it's both an asset and a failing of fandom as a whole. If we were all able to approach our fanishness more calmly and a touch (just a touch) more logically, a lot of the ebbs would be far less painful, and the flows - even when it's not in our preferred direction - would probably be a bit more pleasing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see very difficult to see a MP Fortress Maximus due to his massive size, but a MP Fortress as tall as MP Optimus Prime is very likely

Of course, I would love to see Arcee, Jazz, Sixshot, Brawn, etc

But I don't know, I had that feeling and I wanted to share it :D 

I could see Rhinox as the next announcement from the first season

• Like Like x 1
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like there used to be some decent intel out there in terms of rumors, but nothing "rumored" on here over the past 2 years or so has really panned out

• Like Like x 2
  4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This board has taken the place of the JCPenny or Sears Christmas Catalog where you went through it circling all the stuff you wanted......but knew you were never going to get. Damn you USS Flag:lol 

• Like Like x 5
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Oh man, the USS Flag is truly one of the great ridiculous toys of all time. I used to work at a comic shop back in the late-'90's, early-00's, and we got two one day. TWO!

One was in the box (had been opened), and the other was loose and missing stuff. We put it in the display window, but it's so effing massive that we could only fit about 2/3rds of it. I set up all kinds of toys fighting it out by a Christmas tree with it bursting out of the wall which was set up to look like a wrapped box. Best holiday display I ever did.

Oh, and I do not believe that they'd do all leaders in a stretch... they make money, but they're probably much bigger projects. We've got to keep in mind that resource planning is a big part of good project management, and that's likely how a line like MP runs. You can't do all leaders and big guys, you've got to have some smaller/simpler projects in there some days.

• Like Like x 5
  6. jackisking

News Credits:
    Im thinking that's why we won't see Galvatron this year, I guess it depends on if they consider Prime 3.0 as his own special thing where they could release or tease an Rodimus or Grimlock for Dec or 2019 depending on when he's released. I just hoped we are pleasantly surprised this year after the disappointment of this year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BWfan86

News Credits:
    I totally remember doing that with the Sears wishbooks back in the day. Circled so many items I knew I wouldn't get, but it was still fun to think about and look at the pictures!

• Like Like x 2
  8. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    Oh yeah!! I would keep the wishbook clear until the next year's version would come out! I absolutely loved looking at the way they would set up all of the toys with the extravagant displays and really nice backgrounds! My dream job as a kid was to be one of the people that got to set up those displays for the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    Then I wanted to be a stuntman like the "Fall Guy"! Lmao

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Heard MP BW dinobot is releasing July 16th. Is that true?

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazon JP lists it as the 16th, but TTMall lists it as the 28th. So, maybe.

12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dinobot releases until july ends.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, it's only pure speculation if you believe former Hasbro employee Rik Alvarez either wasn't being truthful or didn't know what he was talking about. If you take him at his word, though, Porsche definitely was against granting TF licenses. Granted, that doesn't mean they can't ever change their stance (like VW did,) but we at least do know there was a problem in the past...again, taking the guy at his word. Seems pretty obvious a challenge exists, though...whether it's cost or plain unwillingness, but either one results all the same in no license. If and/or when they ever clear that up, you can pretty much count on them pushing Jazz to the front of the line, Wheeljack style. Outside of that, the big question is would TT ever just say fuck it and release him generic and unlicensed? The answer to that is probably whether they ever think that's in their best interest...and considering TFs isn't the only possible TT/Porsche connection, they may never feel releasing an unlicensed MP Jazz is a good move and in their best interest. Unfortunately, they really don't feel any obligation for completing our collections...it's all just business to the people making the decisions.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Just sitting here waiting for the inevitable to happen.
    I had to cancel an entire order with HLJ because an order that wasn't suppose to release until July, was released today. Blew my budget to smithereens.

So now just waiting for the suspension notice from HLJ.

15. BWfan86

News Credits:
    How long ago was that interview?

In any event, there is no excuse for delaying Hound and TB/ Hoist, especially since the latter 2 were mentioned as being in development by designers 1-2 years ago

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recall someone not too long ago claiming that Toyota was becoming more stringent with licensing. Do we know if there's any truth to that? Why anybody anywhere would care about the design of a forty-year-old pickup truck I don't know, but could they be having trouble getting Toyota on board?

• Like Like x 1
  17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I believe sometime around Maketoys Downbeat reveal or release...I think that's why it came up and Rik saying he didn't think an officially licensed Jazz would ever happen based on their dealings from back in the day, that Porsche was pretty adamant.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    I would guess we haven't seen TB/Hoist probably because they decided to push them back to this year. We saw Sunstreaker in May2017 so he was done for the most part in Feb/March 2017. I find it hard to believe the G1 designers have been twiddling their thumbs all this time. Being that Prime is still some ways off, is a good bet there is some other things they have been working on for the last 2 years, basically. I would guess development time has increases some with greater articulation, which I could see delaying the flow of releases. They may have chalked most of 2017/ 2018 to have time for multiple releases a year from now on.

Would be nice if 44 was totally left field like a Decepticon. <cough> Astrotrain

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Smoke

Big Smoke Banned

They're actually gonna try again with him??

20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're right. However, it definitely takes more costs for them to produce the modern figures from now in comparison with repeated molds back in 2016.

As for MPM Prime, there was no presence of him back in the TTS most likely because (just a possibility) Takara wanted to promote their Movie The Best Revenge Optimus (wich it's another redeco of the leader).

It makes me think if they're heading into a ROTF repack version of the MPM mould, for the ROTF 10th anniversary the next year.

Also, i'm sure there's no a MPM Megatron in the works.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018