The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

you know they never really did turn grey huh? hmmm....

• Like Like x 2
  2. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Those episodes were done by a different animation house - name's escaping me, but they're super-obvious. I think it's why there are a lot of folks that believe there was supposed to be an animated movie between seasons to intro the new characters similar to Scramble City for the movie. By North American standards, the season is long, but back then cartoon seasons were. MOTU has something like 50 episodes in it's first season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toddimus

Toddimus Well-Known Member

I would have loved a Transformers movie before the Transformers movie.

What I wish they would have done is:

Transformers the Movie- not killed Optimus Prime, have a long Battle of Autobot City where the season one characters are featured but are damaged and can't come back until the very end of the movie handing off the reigns to the new season three characters led by Optimus Prime's protege' Rodimus Prime. Sentinel Prime and the season two Autobots defend the Autobot moons from the Insecticons and season two Decepticons and Unicron eats the Cybertron moon defended by Elita one and the fembots. Galvatron betrays Megatron after Megatron and the season one Decepticons are defeated in the battle of Autobot City after making an alliance with Unicron. Galvatron attacks the Insecticons that are defending Cybertron who are led by Trannis and they retreat to space on Skorponock. The season 2-3 Autobots are featured in a battle against the season three Decepticons while Optimus, Sentinel, and Rodimus go on a mission to Unicron to defeat him with assistance from the Wreckers and also to rescue the Fembots. Optimus rescues Elita-One and Rodimus defeats Galvatron and then the three combined use their Matrix's to destroy Unicron. Optimus returns to lead Autobots on Earth, Sentinel returns to the Cybertron moon and Rodimus is now the Autobot leader on Cybertron. Also- the Dinobots have a major role in the battle of Autobot City and we still get the Quintessa scene where Rodimus, Kup, and the Dinobots beat the Quintessons in between the battle of Autobot City and the final battle. We also get the Autobots split up after an attack by Galvatron where Rodimus crash lands on Quintessa and the other group led by Ultra Magnus end up Junkion but instead of the Junkions randomly attacking the Autobots for no reason the Junkions help Ultra Magnus and his group by defeating the Sweeps that are attacking them. Wheelie doe not talk in rhyme. And there is no random Dare to be Stupid scene. And spoiler alert- in the closing credits after the movie we see that Megatron has crash landed on the moon and is vowing revenge over his enemies.

WHEW! That leads to what I with they did with season three:

Season three focuses on Rodimus and the rebuilding of Cybertron while also dealing with the random Decepticon factions that have been defeated and are starting splinter cells. I know that is sort of what season three was about- but I would have made it a LOT LESS DARK. And lots of cameos but not necessarily regular appearances of older popular characters. Except now they wouldn't have to be ghosts, zombies, or corpses.

A one season Saturday morning only cartoon that focuses on the events that led up to the movie that focuses more on the season two Autobots and Decepticons and the events that led up to the movie where Megatron is defeated on Earth by Optimus and also the defeat of Sentinel on Cybertron where Megatron teams up with Galvatron and Trannis and Sentinel has to retreat to the Cybertronian moons. Sort of like Scramble City.

A Rescue Bots show for younger fans would have been good too. I remember my brother missing out on Transformers because he wasn't quite old enough.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I just reaccuired the Ultra Magnus MP and while transforming him I thought, UM's cab was meant to present a white optimus.
    If Optimus V3 doesnt look like UM or MP10 in cabform, could that mean we could possibly get a white OP V3 with armor in the near future?

• Like Like x 1
  5. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It’s been chatted about a few times. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But he does look really close to Ultra Magnus in cabform, doesn't he?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Maybe the panellines are throwing me off, but to me he looks different. But then again the pictures are offcourse made by phone at a distance!

Lets hope for official pictures soon!

8. GearsRollo

It’s just the part lines. It looks pretty much like the same basic cab body - probably saves them having to license.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ultra Magnus is done. We don't need a v3. He wasn't a white Optimus in the cartoon, that was just Dreamwave referencing the G1 toy.
    I'd honestly prefer Minimus Ambus to be inside an Ultra Magnus if we was going that route.

Optimus Prime in armor was too expensive for TT way back when.. Could you imagine now with V3 Op? Ultra Magnus would be like $389
    I can't see it being done... even if it would be cool to have a UM with a waist swivel/ab crunch.

I hope the next hobby magazine has the grey V3 proto with a new G1 hint.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

I hope not

• Like Like x 1
  11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that TT have an unilimited devlopment budget for MPs, it would surprise me to see a new UM

• Like Like x 3
  12. GearsRollo

If Takara had an unlimited design budget,
    we’d have Jazz by now.

They’ve definitely increased it, but be real. They’re not going to redo Magnus unless the movie-s3 characters come into high demand and that probably means that Beast Wars would be done/declining.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Everything I have seen posted on here leads me to believe that the issue with Jazz is Porche refusing to allow the license. I don’t think it has to do with money perse

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    yet they allow them to do movie jazz in studio series. I'm probably missing some info for the reason for them letting hasbro do a that version of jazz

15. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Movie jazz isn’t a Porsche ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  16. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Porsche does NOT equal GM

• Like Like x 2
  17. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    oh then my bad

• Like Like x 3
  18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see a season 3 character or maybe 2 next year. Magnus has been issued 3 times now and Hot Rod met expectations apparently. I think the problem season 3/movie bots have is they a) dont have a Japanese pre-history, b) they are a little more pressed for repaint as for the most part the repaint would need a TM. The movie/35th anniversary is a good as time to announce an Arcee or possibly a Cyclonus/ Sixshot.

I wouldnt be surprised if MP40 and the Magnus reissue were going toward the production of anybody not named Galvatron. Im guessing all our reissues/repaints are basically prepping for 2019. I would not be surprised all told we have a record amount of MPs again topping 2016. They've slowly gone away from releasing the repaint from as soon as possible to in some cases a liitle less to more than a year.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see a special 35th anniversary Megatron to go with Prime 3, explaining how mp-36+ ended up an exclusive. Yuki said it was more to come for the anniversary so 2019 may end up being a banner year for the whole line.

19. GearsRollo

That doesn’t mean anything. This is all speculation, and what that means is that we’re trying to make educated guesses. It could equally be an issue if they would but the price is so high that Takara can’t or won’t pay it.

20. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Volkswagen owns Porsche, so this seems unlikely to me. It could still be different branches making their own decisions. Hard to say. At one point the fandom thought we'd never get another realistic gun Megatron, and now we have multiples. We never thought we'd get a Volkswagen Bumblebee either, and that happened, so I'm not sweating Porsche. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not worried.

If I had to guess what the issue is, I'd say it's Takara, who doesn't seem to understand how the Western fan thinks. If they did, we would have had MP Galvatron ages ago. As much as I love (LOVE!) Beast Wars, it's bizarre that we got MP Cheetor before... well, take your pick!

• Like Like x 2