The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess it finally depends on when 43 releases and I would hope they have announced something else. It's going to be hard to talk him up for the next 9 months or so, this isn't BW, most of us are past the point of being glad we just got a character.

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we've already got color pics of MP43. I'll be surprised if he's not coming in December. They could even push him up to November. 29+ and 36+ in December... why couldn't we get the new Optimus in January?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not a G1 year to write home about, is it? Sure, most people actually got their Sunstreaker in January, but still.

If Beast Wars releases are selling better, I wonder if it's because they've had less decent versions of those characters over the years compared to G1. A bigger proportion of BW fans are jumping on the MP releases, while G1 MPs are diluted by the other lines like Generations.

I still believe in a good G1 year 2019, kicking off Q1 with Optimus, a new car-mould could be announced in September, too (or someone like Blaster) and also released in Q1, and we always have the possibility of them sneaking in a new S3 bot by the same designer as MP-28 at any point (won't detract from Kobayashi's schedule).

On the plus side (pun intended ;) ), I think every future + release from next year on will be quite exciting. I'm stoked for 17+ and 29+ (surprised at that one), love 12+, but they weren't the ones whose original releases deviated the most from the character model.

18+ or 20+, coupled with an end-of-year 13+ (which they're probably saving Blaster to release at the same time as) will be amazing and probably much better received.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just based on Takara's hx of prior MP releases. I think every release since the Datsun's has been delayed by at least 1 month from the initially reported release date. And the time from announcement to release has gotten much longer over the past couple of years.

5. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    You forgot MP711 but yes, your point is valid, we have been seeing a whole load of repaints and reissues.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, it's was missing another repaint and the next minibot to the lineup.

• Like Like x 7
  7. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A minibot closely tied to the new Prime?

Edit: or should I say a minibot made to interact with the new Prime?

Edit Edit: Will we all get into a huff over this minibot?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oooooo...do tell if you can

9. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks for the heads-up. A minibot, that's definitely interesting. They said at the same time as Trailbreaker-Hoist that they also wanted to do more minibots. Huffer would make a lot of sense to go with the new Prime, but any minibot would be welcome. Would love to see Cliffjumper or Brawn (hell, any of them!).

Wonder if the repaint was black Ironhide or black Hot Rod.

Nice one TB77 :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  10. soundwave144

soundwave144 Kareoke guru

News Credits:
    My own selfish self hopes it is cliffjumper because A) so far, the other cliffjumper offerings just aren't cutting it for me and B) I already have an mp huffer

• Like Like x 1
  11. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

If true, they probably decided not to bring them out because they don't want to have any more attention away from V3 Prime. They've already got BW Megs all painted up with the as-yet unreleased Dinobot right next to him, and Prime was obviously not totally ready to show off in detail.

I could see Huffer just for the value of him interacting with Prime. That's a fun way to follow up or prepare for a huge release like one of the big bosses.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Not trying to charge wind through your sails here, but any chance you could give us a hint about the minibot? Don’t go jumping over any cliffs to help us out, but so many of us on the informational warpath would love it if you flexed your brawn on the matter. We’ve been beachcombing for details all through the cosmos and our gears are firing on all cylinders. Even a tiny hint would be as refreshing as a summer seaspray. We have to muster all our power to glide through these dry spells, which can put us in a huffy mood.

:D 

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  13. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely on the same page with y'all. Cliffjumper and Brawn played larger parts in the show so can sell easily enough on their own merits as characters. Windcharger, Gears, and Huffer* definitely need a little more incentive and what better incentive for Huffer as a sort of accessory that can interact with this Prime. If he doesn't end up in the box with Prime as Hasui wanted to do with MP-10 then I could see Huffer being packaged with additional accessories for this new Prime. Of course, getting an MP Pipes out of him would be fun bonus too!

*I would absolutely race to be first in line to pick up official MPs of Gears, Windcharger, and Huffer. I know what's what though in terms of their popularity and this whole toy thing being a business.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some guy named @GearsRollo might actually beat you to one of them.:lol 
    A minibot would be a much need and liked sign for the line. Wonder what the repaint would be another +? Wheeljack finally? Both he and Huffer are engineers;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

My friend, the only character that I'd preorder faster and more emphatically would be Mirage :D 

Honestly though, the great thing about the minibots is that they all have some great repaint potential, and even the ones like Gears who have a kinda vague alt-mode would allow them to maybe play around a bit to find a better license to fit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Did TB77 mean the G1 lineup or the MPM lineup.
    If it's the latter, it's probably MPM Bee, who is a minibot in the Bumblebee movie.

If it's G1.......fingers crossed for CJ or Windcharger.

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Guys, if you want hints or info on things that didn't happen, just ask me and I'll be happy to make something up...

I mean, yeah, it's a speculation thread...but you want hints about misinfo? I'm not going to knock anyone for sharing what they hear...if you're willing to share it and you're not making up BS on the fly, cool...but asking for hints about something that clearly didn't happen? What's the point? You want to guess what didn't happen? Take your pick...they all didn't happen equally.

18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huffer would make sense with a V3 Prime. What doesn't have me interested about that is the lack of a real life alt mode. Would prefer a cliffjumper, TBH but if we aren't getting a Jazz b/c of Porche, then we probably aren't getting a cliffjumper...

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about this? MP44 Huffer reveal next month at Wonderfest alongside the official reveal of Optimus v3, Huffer releases in January, MP45 Optimus in February.

• Like Like x 4
  20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Nothing against Huffer, but of the minibots I'm rooting for CJ or Windcharger.

• Like Like x 2