The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

I was seriously thinking about cancelling my Cassetticon Pre-Orders. I wonder if Hasbro's version will provide the Pile-Drivers for Rumble and Frenzy?

IF not, I'll get the Takaras.

2. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

yep i got that one in the gear of war set too. looks great. honestly i couldn t' imagine any improvements fi they made an MP version.

3. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

What could be ok is if TRU decides to skip a box store release. Order low numbers to sell to the niche collector market and do so online only. That would be perfectly fine and wouldn't impact other figures down the line.

I have no faith this will happen, though.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Does 5 cassettes = 1 trailer? Because if it does then Soundwave will be what.... $120? Is that the final price for MP Prime?

Hope I get to see Soundwave on shelves :( 

5. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one has said anything about the cars not being released here. There's been speculation with a million points, but none really make sense:

"they can't liscence in the US" - why not?
    "no store would take such a high priced exclusive" - Amazon has had quite a few high priced exclusive, plus Target had a Human Alliance figure last year and supposedly has both Predaking and Abominus this year.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating (and really its just more speculation, but its based on business sense): I think Hasbro will wait till there are 8-10 Autobot cars released (or planned) then do an assortment, just like deluxes and voyagers (or more realistically, the HA series in the movie). Price them similarly, at $35-$40, do waves. I would expect this to hit in 2014 to line up with the 30th anniversary.

And on Acid Storm: yeah, it seems weird at first, but look at it this way: Hasbro wants your money. As much as they can squeeze out. If they put out Starscream, everyone would buy it. But then how many of those people would also buy ThuderCracker? How many would buy Skywarp? How many would buy Acidstorm? In Hasbro's eye$, those are all the "same toy" in new colors. If they put out the most wanted one (screamer) last, they might get some people to buy several/all of the other ones. If they put out screamer first, most people would just buy him.

Another side point: Hasbro has also finally realized we are a segment of the marketplace worth catering to. Finally getting Trailbreaker, tons more MPs, comic versions of many characters. Look at the 6" Star Wars Black line, or how this years GI Joes' case assortments are all "Ultimate X, Ultimate Y, Ultimate Z, Army builder A, Army builder B" etc. (Ultimate here means "classic" for the most part, for this conversation). Anyone who thinks they're not aiming at collectors now is loony.

They want our money. They'll put out anything they think they can make us buy. And now that we finally have their attention, they're going to milk us for every cent they can.

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Problem is it takes two to tango...when Acid Storm sells like shit, why would TRU think another one in a different color is gonna sell any better?

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    But maybe TRU knows this (yeah right) and will order way less of Acid Storm.

8. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or maybe Hasbro will know that and make less of them. Over on rebelscum.com they had a post with Hasbro addressing case assortments and the "wave 1 over-saturation" crap that we see also, and they're saying its their problem, not stores over-ordering one particular wave. So who knows.

We'll only know once Acidstorm makes it out. If he comes out in August and is still in stores at this time next year, they screwed up. But if he's like TC and sells out most places (yes, I know there are people who say "my TRU still has tons of them", but I'd argue that's not typical) then he was a success.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Cool news about Soundwave, I've already got the Takara version, but if I didn't... and didn't have the other four tapes pre-ordered, I would EAGERLY be anticipating the U.S. Soundwave release.

I hope for the sake of people waiting for the U.S. release that they distribute him well. I know a lot of people (myself included) never even saw MP-10 Optimus at Toys R Us (and I just caved and paid about $180 for one on eBay >_< ).

I'll probably pass on Acid Storm, I'm not THAT interested in the character. I dunno, maybe if I happen to be at a TRU and see it I'll say "screw it I'm getting it" :lol 

10. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I'll certainly be picking up Acid Storm if I can. He's actually higher up on my purchase list than the renewed Starscream and Thundercracker. See, I already have SS and TC, albeit in the V1 mold, so it's harder for me to justify re-purchasing those guys, but I don't have ANY Acid Storm masterpiece jets, so he's more or less a must buy for me.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why people are irritated that it's going to be Acid Storm and not Skywarp, it's just one of those weird quirks of fate that works out quite well for me. :D 

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, I swear I edited this before, BUUUUUUT..... WHAT DO YOU KNOW MAN, WHAT DO YOU KNNNOOOOW?!?!

The announcement say they will.

12. Scully

Scully Ham Sandwich

Seriously once the 3 Datsun cars come out. The MP decepticrumbs are gonna be seriously outnumbered. I can only think of 6 things that Takara need to release... The Constructicons! I can just imagine how good they'd be. And they could all come with a trumpet! For that 10 second iconic scene.

13. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    We need a new Megs 1st and I reckon there'll be a con announced before xmas.

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we'll see Skywarp and Thundercracker after Megatron, then more likely Shockwave. I don't see something as risky, complex and expensive as Devastator coming any time soon, especially when it takes up six slots. Especially given the lack of viable repaint options- how well would a G2 MP Devastator actually sell?

15. Scully

Scully Ham Sandwich

Oh for sure. I've said it numerous times I want Megs as MP-20. But after that. I'd like some deceptions. And given us Devastator would be epic. I wonder how tall he'd have to be, to be in scale.

16. Rodini Prime

Rodini Prime Sgt Straus

Don't tease me! I want the constructicons and stunticons in MP form so bad I can taste it.
    ::starts to sing:: "Hunger, I want it so bad I can taste it, it drives me mad...."

17. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

No problem for you to feel this way. I totally understand. I just hope Hasbro doesn't think everyone is like you. I'm worried someone at Hasbro is sitting back and thinking "Well, we've now released Starscream (MP-03), Skywarp (MP-06), and Thundercracker (MP-11). We're done with the main three. Now how else can we milk this mold? Ah ha...!"

18. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

I was just looking at some customs and was thinking...what are the chances of a Shattered Glass MP10? I know they're probably pretty slim, but I hope I'm wrong, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Not unless FP decides to make Botcon MP Exclusives..... or FP gives eHobby permission.

20. Snailbot

Snailbot Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of cancelling too. The Hasbro release will supposedly include the piledrivers and frankly if I'm going to spend $60 on each cassette pack, why not pay that much to get the Hasbro release with that and more? Decisions, decisions.

They seemed to order way less of MPOP and there are people still wanting one. I don't trust Hasbro's distribution.

I really want the Constructicons as well but I don't know if TT will do it. That's 6 MP's to release. That's about a year's worth. Would they break it up over a couple of years or spend the better part of a year going all in on Devastator?

Best soundtrack ever.