The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Tokyo Toy Show is less than 3 weeks. What do you think?

2. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Final Dinobot, more pics of Cordon, BW Megatron and MP Seaspray, just to make us go crazy!

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    What, Crazy that these will make us so stoked or crazy because there will be no new reveal?

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we can get a fully painted MP43 and a TTS exclusive, and an update on the new Optimus (probably not a physically present prototype, just something in a slideshow presentation), I think that'll be the peak. I don't expect to see an MP44 reveal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Beast Wars saved the brand from falling into obscurity like M.A.S.K. or Gobots or many other 80's cartoons, so it has a place.

At the time, it pissed me off to no end because I was hoping for more G1 goodness after The Rebirth but instead I got a monkey.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Same.

Thee sooner we get color scheme of Megatron and promo pictures, the sooner we will see preorders.

7. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    No, an MP Seaspray to drive us crazy because he's not one of the expected ones but still a new mold and G1!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You are not wrong. BW was interesting for its time in writing. I recently rewatched my G1 sets and boooy...those were some basic children's stories. The movie is awesome even today and probably the reason why people are loyal to G1 at all. The cybertron arcs after the movie were real groaners.

Edit: Using the term 'children's stories' is probably too simple b/c of the in jokes that pop up here and there, but the format was definitely super simple plots through a majority of the run..almost laughably so.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And yet in all this time since Hasbro lost the ability to do more realistic transforming gun toys, how often has Hasbro gone to the well of "gun-ish" stuff for certain characters?

ONCE.

The best possible indicators that Hasbro might be able to pull off a MP-29 mold release stateside are:
    - Nerf gun Megs returning, finally, as part of that Platinum two-pack a couple years ago
    - Sixshot retaining his gun mode for his Generations release...but even that was labeled a "submarine" mode

Yes, Hasbro makes Nerf guns, and yes, most people wouldn't mistake those for actual firearms, but in all this time that Nerf and Transformers have existed under the same roof, they've only made that connection ONCE.

(AND that's assuming that Shockwave's ray gun alt mode is still vaguely un-gunlike in the eyes of their Legal team to be worth the trouble compared to Nerf gun Megs, especially in the current political climate here in the US.)

• Like Like x 2
  10. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    No reveals at all.

11. KillKen

KillKen Well-Known Member

This!

12. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Yeah we just had 4 reveals in one day. I think that's probably it for the year.

• Like Like x 6
  13. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

My feeling is that you’r probably on the money around the gun issue for Transformers and Shockwave. One of the things that Hasbro has stood behind around Nerf is that they’re very brightly coloured and they design them to be clearly not a real gun from a distance (though I have to question their look argument, I’ve seen what modders can do with them). Shockwave is a smaller toy though, and that does add to the difficulty to distinguish what someone is actually holding.

The reality though, is that with the dawning realization for a lot of Americans about how serious a gun issue they have, Hasbro would be smart to stay away from it entirely. Nerf is their #1 line, so they’ll be continuing it, but they may start making them look more and more un-gun-like to try to circumvent the issue, and that drops any chance of Shockwave as an MP, let alone a North American release of Megatron, way, way down in the odds.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

Outside of Hound and HoistBreaker, I wanna see how they would do MP Windcharger, how he would scale in car mode and bot mode to the rest of the line. X-Transbopts take on him, in car mode he almost scales accurately and in bot mode he is just a hair taller than Bumblebee

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Instead, i think we'll just get more pics of the chrome-Megatron and maybe BW Megatron.

16. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

No doubt...they just revealed MP BW Megatron. That and Dinobot will be the only new molds this year. No new G1 molds in 2018.....*sad face*

• Like Like x 2
  17. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lamest 4 reveals in one day ever:( 

• Like Like x 3
  18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed- 3 out of 4 were dumb

• Like Like x 4
  19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the reveals were dumb, just the fact that we had to wait a whole year for them. During all this time of nothing, they could have released any of them. The fact they are waiting to release them all at one time at the end of the year is pretty lame. I probably would be more excited about them honestly like that, versus what we are getting. Amazon JP hasn't opened international preorders for Cordon and strangely I don't really care. I'm more inclined to play the waiting game, the only PO i'll probably put in is BW Megatron,because I'm expecting him to be expensive.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Crap, i forgot about Condor, yes there were 4 reveals.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

BUT honestly, that's indication of no-g1 new molds for this year. Just a possibility.

Also, tomorrow we should get a cropped image of the figure king magazine.