The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping they finish the cars bots. Only 6 more to go.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

42 will be v3 Sideswipe and 43 will be a Decepticon red Sunstreaker named Fanrage. Yes, Takara-Tomy will completely mindfuck fans by consecutively releasing two red Lambos and giving indication that MPs 13-22 will all be redone in the current aesthetic before we ever see the remaining unreleased G1 crew. Pension funds will shriek in terror.

What is this rumor from @oku? Was it the post about MP Meister or something else? I can’t seem to find whatever you two are referencing.

• Like Like x 5
  3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was about 12 pages back

• Like Like x 2
  4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, the burden falls on me because I'm trying to word my posts in a particular fashion so as not to play my hand. Not everyone who has actual information continually comes in a thread and then wants everyone to know it. Just reread my posts, but do it with the mindset to give me the benefit if the doubt here.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

Plus combiners would be sold individually, hence not making them any more expensive than any other similar MP.

• Like Like x 5
  6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

LOL, I would SO buy those Lambos

• Like Like x 4
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    A new sideswipe would be very welcome for me, i like MP-12's aesthetic and details, but he always seemed a bit odd for me regarding proportioms, but i guess a big factor it's that the original sideswipe was a character a wasn't interested at all on him, or even caring a bit for him.

I honestly would like him better with a smaller chest without breaking the Car's proportions, just as this mod does! :) .
    19260705_588540671496364_280554398553962649_n.jpg 26219820_588540448163053_8842864226808088276_n.jpg
    However, for a new brand Masterpiece mould, it's very likely going to have a proper head now, longer legs and less kibble on the back or even more, and a more expresaive poseability and way more dymamic than the MP-12.
    images-18.jpg
    images-17.jpg

He has pretty much potential to be as the same level of articulation and expressions as Sunstreaker.
    images-20.jpg

However, some part of me thinks that as they already made sunstreaker, a better sideswipe would be a very great possibility to be happening soon.
    unnamed.gif

• Like Like x 2
  8. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I really do feel like I’m witnessing the MP movement die in slow-motion - the Hasbro-TT “unified” offerings stunt, the snails pace release schedule, the drying up of 3P projects ... just feels like this whole thing is slowly grinding to a halt ... which is so inconceivable to me bc just last yr we saw MP-36 - the holy grail fig for many - and a whole cavalcade of 3P offerings that were really starting to give the official releases a run for their money ...

I’ve taken stock of the explanations provided - a lull before the storm with v3 MP Optimus coming, the move towards more expensive, hyper-articulate offerings spaced further apart to give wallets a breather, the 3Ps holding their cards closer to vest to avoid the KO onslaught ... but I really feel like maybe we’re just witnessing the bubble in this market start to pop ... 2018 just being a “down” year, I don’t buy it ... it appears to me to be the start of a much more significant trend in the TF realm ... I hope not, but I’ve been collecting since 2013 and I’ve never witnessed anything like this ...

• Like Like x 3
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, the problem is you're comparing that shit Combiner Wars line where 1 mold design makes 20 different figures...whether it's a car or plane, it's still the same design. Yeah, if MP was going to be that pathetic, I wouldn't want them either. Luckily I have a lot more faith in MP than that. 3rd Party is doing impressive things. No doubt TT should be able to at least match, if not better it.

• Like Like x 7
  10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well played, sir.

• Like Like x 2
  11. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone above asked for a direct source about Jazz's licensing was an issue. Hope this is direct enough. Here's a report from 2016 convention where Yuki and Hasui mentioned about Jazz during Q&A session:

There was discussion about challenges of the MP line like Jazz . The team always wanted to do Jazz in the very beginning. Sadly the car company would not grant their wish. The two parties had gone back-and-forth many times over the past and still no deal.

upload_2018-3-13_13-7-50.png

• Like Like x 10
  12. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Well hopefully they can get it someday. If we only got one more G1 MP I would want it to be Meister.

13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I guess that end the question; "Is Jazz popular in Japan?"

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well isn't that interesting.

Ugh, yeah, the more I look at MP-12 (MP-12+ just made this more evident to me), I feel the same as I do about MP-10 - I still dig it, it's really good...but I'm becoming more and more open to something that fits the line's direction better to replace it. Yet then, it falls into the same problem area as the Seekers - I don't know if I want to think about re-purchasing all those Lambo redecos after owning seven versions of the MP-12 mold already (and still wanting Deep Cover).

Ah, thanks for this. I either missed this or forgot about it (though the mention of the "detective" sounds vaguely familiar, so perhaps the latter).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Geez, I leave this thread for a few weeks and the "MP is over!" doom and gloom is still here :p 

If licensing is holding up the last few real world non-combining ones (Jazz, Hound, TB/Hoist and Mirage), I don't think Toyota would be a problem, as Japanese auto makers are usually on board with TT. The Western auto rights holders for the rest would obviously be an issue, with the biggest being Jazz. Once that hurdle is cleared, there shouldn't be much else to worry over.

Yes, price is an issue. $120 for Sunny was steep and Dinobot is a chunk too. And usually foreign retailers aren't a viable option for many because the preorders run out well before most of us even have a shot so it's domestic or bust, which is why hearing "Well, I got MINE from HLJ for $30 less, stop whining about cost!" gets tiresome.

If the pool is drying up for TT, it has to be doing so even faster for 3Ps, who in their mad rush to fill the gaps have exhausted nearly all the options. It's to the point where 3Ps are starting to do faux-MPM toys so as not to be left scrambling.

Speaking of MPMs, that line is probably a big part of the future of the line, though with TRU dying, I doubt having those and G1 MPs as exclusives will continue to be viable. MPMs aren't likely to be an issue re: licensing. Many are GM vehicles and Hasbro has working relations with them and other auto makers featured in the movies.

It's more likely we'll see MPM Jazz before we see G1 MP Jazz.

16. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The line's been going pretty steady since 2013 (it's when I was sucked back in, too), but I wouldn't worry too much or read too much into what's happening now. I think the MP line is more successful and well-received than ever. There's a lull now, for whatever reason, but I doubt it'll last too long.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That said, I don't think MP combiners ARE happening...who knows? I would probably lean toward no, myself, because they're a risk. If you release a whole set in one go, that's a huge price tag. If you release them separately, you have a focused bunch of figures which you can't really bail on even if they're not selling up to expectations...and anyone that misses out on the first couple, if they're not still readily available, that's a deterrent for any newcomers coming aboard 2, 3, 4 figures in. Basically, if TT has better, safer options (which they do) I think they'd just do those instead. But IF combiners were to happen, I think they'd be quality. The biggest challenge would be TT's reluctance to do partsforming. I don't, however, think they'd do non-combining members for MP, repaints or otherwise.

PS, apologies for quoting myself, but I wanted to add to the thought.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunSwipe5

@kibble- I do appreciate your feedback and you made alot of good points. I'm not against MP Combiners, at all. I'm just a natural worrier is all.

I actually REALLY want the Stunticons, Aerialbots and Protectobots as MPs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

I would say it is not beyond the realm of possibility that TT would design Devastator, and then release the individual constructicons over say an 18 month schedule . They have shown in the past how patient they can be releasing these figures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SunSwipe5

I still say that the toon accurate MPs are a good way release Meister sans the Primus damned Porsche license.