The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I guess that end the question; "Is Jazz popular in Japan?"

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well isn't that interesting.

Ugh, yeah, the more I look at MP-12 (MP-12+ just made this more evident to me), I feel the same as I do about MP-10 - I still dig it, it's really good...but I'm becoming more and more open to something that fits the line's direction better to replace it. Yet then, it falls into the same problem area as the Seekers - I don't know if I want to think about re-purchasing all those Lambo redecos after owning seven versions of the MP-12 mold already (and still wanting Deep Cover).

Ah, thanks for this. I either missed this or forgot about it (though the mention of the "detective" sounds vaguely familiar, so perhaps the latter).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Geez, I leave this thread for a few weeks and the "MP is over!" doom and gloom is still here :p 

If licensing is holding up the last few real world non-combining ones (Jazz, Hound, TB/Hoist and Mirage), I don't think Toyota would be a problem, as Japanese auto makers are usually on board with TT. The Western auto rights holders for the rest would obviously be an issue, with the biggest being Jazz. Once that hurdle is cleared, there shouldn't be much else to worry over.

Yes, price is an issue. $120 for Sunny was steep and Dinobot is a chunk too. And usually foreign retailers aren't a viable option for many because the preorders run out well before most of us even have a shot so it's domestic or bust, which is why hearing "Well, I got MINE from HLJ for $30 less, stop whining about cost!" gets tiresome.

If the pool is drying up for TT, it has to be doing so even faster for 3Ps, who in their mad rush to fill the gaps have exhausted nearly all the options. It's to the point where 3Ps are starting to do faux-MPM toys so as not to be left scrambling.

Speaking of MPMs, that line is probably a big part of the future of the line, though with TRU dying, I doubt having those and G1 MPs as exclusives will continue to be viable. MPMs aren't likely to be an issue re: licensing. Many are GM vehicles and Hasbro has working relations with them and other auto makers featured in the movies.

It's more likely we'll see MPM Jazz before we see G1 MP Jazz.

4. Sam

Sam 250 days

News Credits:
    The line's been going pretty steady since 2013 (it's when I was sucked back in, too), but I wouldn't worry too much or read too much into what's happening now. I think the MP line is more successful and well-received than ever. There's a lull now, for whatever reason, but I doubt it'll last too long.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That said, I don't think MP combiners ARE happening...who knows? I would probably lean toward no, myself, because they're a risk. If you release a whole set in one go, that's a huge price tag. If you release them separately, you have a focused bunch of figures which you can't really bail on even if they're not selling up to expectations...and anyone that misses out on the first couple, if they're not still readily available, that's a deterrent for any newcomers coming aboard 2, 3, 4 figures in. Basically, if TT has better, safer options (which they do) I think they'd just do those instead. But IF combiners were to happen, I think they'd be quality. The biggest challenge would be TT's reluctance to do partsforming. I don't, however, think they'd do non-combining members for MP, repaints or otherwise.

PS, apologies for quoting myself, but I wanted to add to the thought.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

@kibble- I do appreciate your feedback and you made alot of good points. I'm not against MP Combiners, at all. I'm just a natural worrier is all.

I actually REALLY want the Stunticons, Aerialbots and Protectobots as MPs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

I would say it is not beyond the realm of possibility that TT would design Devastator, and then release the individual constructicons over say an 18 month schedule . They have shown in the past how patient they can be releasing these figures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I still say that the toon accurate MPs are a good way release Meister sans the Primus damned Porsche license.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Sam is right on the money. This is the problem with what's up now. Again, in contrast to last year around this time, Megatron was the new "big" mold (right now it's Dinobot), but it wasn't too long around this time frame we were prepping for Grapple, then Dirge, then Artfire. Contrasted to now, it's Dinobot and Prowl+ with a small hint of Broadblast from the Steeljaw cousin.

Silence can be deafening.

• Like Like x 2
  10. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Do you think, if the rumour about a dead line resurrected into a MP subline is true, they should do a greatest hits line ? I mean, choose the most famous characters from each era

Example:

Fire Convoy, Sideburn & Black Convoy from Car Robots, Hot Shot & Starscream from Armada, Roadbuster & Demolishor from Energon and Megatron & Override from Cyberton, etc

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Mailaways are a dead G1 subline.

:D 

• Like Like x 6
  12. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Reflector and Omnibots confirmed!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    We already got Ratchet, as he was a mail away only for Takara.

14. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he was a mold-mate to Ironhide and on the cartoon in a major roles. Not quite the same as the Omnibots who were mail-away only non-show characters.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't look now, but Masterpiece already IS a greatest hits line.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I guess that drops our chances again.

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Take this with a grain of salt but...i've been discussing in some taobao forums for a bit through private messages ( the same ones who told me about the V3 prime 1 day before its teaser), and these could be just predictions, however they gave me a bit of info. regarding POTP and beyond (WFC):

Bee VW MPM will be revealed at the time Optimus was in the chinese event the last year around may.

Starscream it's a brand new mould, there's no consideration of re-releasing the original MpM-1 or the HFTD leader for now. (i think this was said around the NYTF via seibertron)

Jazz MPM, it's being worked on, yes, MPM, no guarantee he will be next, but he's being worked on.

Blaster it's coming in the 4th quarter of this year, just with two cassettes in consideration. (i don't think so)

The principal MP line hasn't gotten the enough sales TT was expecting with the last releases, the MPMs on the other hand, are actually selling like hot cakes, that factor could explain why they're focusing on them for now.
    A bit of detail or fact was that they mentioned that the pre-orders for the movie figures on amazon japan (alongside mp barricade) were exytaordinary. Previously informed by Type-R.

The new Optimus Prime was planned to return the original MP line to its "glory", it's a brand new figure wich one of the objectives it's to get the exhorbitant sales as the Mp-10 has gotten in Japan, so the Japanese collectors could be even more interesed in the line's design's philosophy.

The new Optimus will be the one of the very few new mold we're getting form this year to the end of 2019.

Heard again of a carbot repainted into decepticon, but no a new MP carbot. (well, the discussion was short)

Again, all of this could be just a little trick or troll by them, but they were perfectly accurate before.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  18. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    To say that my opinion doesn’t have logic behind it is wrong. We are both just stating our own opinions with our own reasoning behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather not drag this on much further, so I'll just say suggesting a black/gold Rodimus redeco is absolutely a logical option because it has precedent so it could happen, but it's not the most logical option for a Black Rodimus deco of some kind for the reasons I've stated (they haven't touched it in years, and keep using black/purple variations instead when they do offer Black Rodimus figures). Suggesting black/gold is more logical to show up than black/purple? Sorry, I don't agree with that, and sorry, but that's not an opinion. It's just analyzing Takara/Hasbro's habits on this subject. Neither's impossible, but one's more likely to happen than the other and there isn't enough recent evidence to point to black/gold as the most likely (unless you also happen to know things others don't). I don't know what else I can say here.

• Like Like x 1