The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Most likely.

They could have even re-designed some parts.

2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Keep in mind though, the guys at transformerscar did say a "killer new MPM" is on the way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

To be totally honest, I'm not familiar with them, so I'm on default skeptical about the validity of the hint.

That said, it's not really a longshot or surprise. MPM Baybee and Moviemus have sold pretty well based on all indications. Barricade, or even another MPM on the way isn't a big stretch, particularly if they want to get it out while the most recent movie hype is still alive in fan's minds.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I just hopw we can get a reissue of both of them in BBTS, and more with the fact that TRU have little kilometers of life.

We can hope.

5. Prime135

News Credits:
    Actually, given the street date, and the original release date for the bee movie, plus the way the current MPM's were handled, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if barricade was delayed until late next year to coincide with the film. He may even have originally been intended to be revealed at hascon, thus explaining John warden's comment about a big reveal for movie fans.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Not so much the specs, but as @Sam said, the toys and everything about them.

Sideswipe was going to be the modified Countach in red. This was the diaclone colour for that mould (red and police) and hence why Sideswipe is described as having piledrivers (the replacement parts for the hands of that mould), a jetpack (the supercharger of the altmode) and no mention of a shoulder launcher in his bio/techspecs. Instead he became the regular countach with nothing looking like piledrivers or a jetpack, and suddenly with a shoulder missile.

Sunstreaker was going to be the regular Countach in yellow (on of the many colours for this in Diaclone). And thus his bio describes him having a shoulder mounted missile (which the eventual sunstreaker toy didn't have), and Sunstreaker being of the opinion that Sideswipe his altmode is spoiled by exposed supercharger exhaust which he himself has.

Just think of the Sunstreaker toy in red and you see what Sideswipe was going to be, and the sideswipe toy in yellow (Tiger-track) is how Sunstreaker was planned.

Dodge should also be a shoe-in considering the Original RiD Sideburn was licensed, two version of the Dodge Viper for the Alternator line, and the Dodge Ram in Alternators.

I'd say Unicron Trilogy is more likely to pop up in the future as a major set, but not for a while. RID might get a couple key characters though. Most Beast Wars fans are only just coming to their prime earning years, while RID and UT fans are still as a mass mainly just getting through school and starting real jobs.[/QUOTE]

But is CR/RiD also less well remembered in Japan? In the western world RiD is, as you said, goofy and lacking in story compared to BW/BM. But the Japanese BW shows are at the same level of goofiness and story telling. I recall reading at some time that BW didn't do that great in Japan, with interest waning during the Japanese shows; they didn't even air season 2 and 3 of BW, nor BM until later. And Car Robots brought back interest in a vehicle based show (which really took off with Armada/Micron Legend hence why I agree that show has a better chance). It might be more popular in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GearsRollo

I think RID has it's fans, but the fact that it only got one season there and then they jumped on to other things suggests pretty strongly that it didn't take hold as a narrative. The vehicle modes were certainly popular though.

On the BW front, I've always felt pretty strongly that the reason that it ended up dropping off is that they went into BWII and Neo (which'd be the one that really dropped off) pretty fast, rather than airing the following seasons of BW, which lead to confusion with the Transmetal designs, etc. Basically, Japan's desire for BW content outstripped Mainframe's ability to provide it, and they produced their own animated series that eventually led to over-saturation. That's pretty normal in a popular franchise that's too hot for it's own good at one point.

The key problem with RID is that it skewed so young that the adult fans that wanted to get into it were put off, and that's also a legitimate issue. You've got to remember that while anime is viewed as a legit form for both adults and kids, it still gets put into Adult, Teen, and Kiddie boxes based on the series. The mistake there is that they didn't go for a balance between the Teen and Kiddie groups, like BW did, and that lost the adult fans, and probably a lot of teen ones.

RID is a pretty fun show if you're into that younger-style content, but UT clearly took greater hold, so yeah, as I've said before, I think that'll be the next one that starts coming into the MP line in almost a decade.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I prefer The Twins the way they are now. I just cannot picture Swipe as the arrogant narcissist, and Streaker as the hyper jock.

I DO wish someone would fragging make Swipe's jetpack. The fact he STILL doesn't have it is beyond ridiculous. :mad: 

9. Prime135

News Credits:
    A decade? I'm banking on a masterpiece armada prime in four years for the series' 20th. It'll also make for a nice graduation present to myself. (well, the year after graduation, but close enough)

• Like Like x 1
  10. GearsRollo

Well, think about this: OG G1 fans are in their late 30's to mid-40's, so we're in our salad years for earning and having money for a premium line.

Beast Wars fans include a lot of G1 fans as well, but the primary kid-audience that the show would have been aimed at is just reaching their late-20's to early 30's. Salad years.

Unicron Trilogy fans have some folks from both those groups, but the bulk of the primary fanbase is, as you say, not yet graduating post-secondary. That means that funds are typically much more limited. We'd probably see some of the characters from UT trickle out earlier, but I wouldn't bet too heavily on seeing any significant numbers for that series until that fan bracket is moving heavily to their early 30's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

That could be a very logical reason if Barricade is the villain of the movie

• Like Like x 4
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Especially with them raising their prices...if we're flooded with options, who's going to buy the dumb shit like Road Rage? Certainly the completionists and the tens of hardcore Road Rage fans...but a lot of this probably sells well enough to produce because there are only a handful of releases a year, so why not?

13. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The personalities would be the same, Sideswipe would just look like Sunstreaker but still be red. Sunstreaker would look like a yellow Sideswipe. So picture Sideswipe as a red Sunstreaker giving Prime his turbo chargers as a jetpack in MTMTE, and picture Sunstreaker as a yellow Sideswipe picking up Chip Chase on his shoulder.

Man I love this shit! Alternate timelines ftw

• Like Like x 2
  14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Actually, Swipe with turbo chargers makes sense given his personality. I like it. Get on this, Takara!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

Starting to see Galvatron as more of a possibility after that hascon hall of fame, fan voted favorite G1 character of all time thingy. I wouldn't think of him as being a contender within a year of Megatron but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't announced sometime mid 2018 for a holiday release.

My fingers are crossed for Trailbreaker/Hoist for the next MP announcement.

Still hoping to see MPM-5. I really want this line to do well as I enjoy the movie designs but was always turned off by the figures until MPM-3. I will say there are a few jems from every movie line but the scale of the figures is all over the place. I'm no scale junkie but Evasion mode prime next to human alliance Soundwave is little too far off for my taste.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    They were never meant to scale together.

17. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What happened with that rumor of Springer and Arcee for 2018. An Arcee that is also headmaster compatible would make a lot of sense with MP-40. Arcee, Trailbreaker,Hoist, Blaster,Twincast and if were lucky Hound/Jazz/Skids or Mirage would make for a great year. Counting Dinobot that would count as 5 molds not impossible or unreasonable. Although I think someone could get bounced by a Decepticon , I think they are kind of passed the point off all Deception releases for the year being autobot repaints. Blitzwing is like Hound, at some point that have to do him, right? Or would they go bold enough to release the Insecticons as a box set in NOV/DEC. Which wouldn't be that bad idea if they were announcing Waspinator for Jan 2019.

I guess I'd have to throw Powerglide in as a dark horse, Takara seems pretty intent on finishing off "Hoist goes to Hollywood"

18. GearsRollo

I think the Springer rumour was pretty intensely fuelled by the number of 3P's that suddenly got previewed about a year ago, and there's just a ton of people that really want Arcee, plus any time one of the movie characters come up, they get into the mix right ahead of Kup. Poor ol' Blurr barely ever makes the want list.

I doubt the possibility of a 3-Pack of Insecticons a great deal though. They're a little bigger than minibots, probably even just a little smaller than a normal carbot, and that's 3 moulds that are distinct all at once. My guess is that they'll each be about the same price as a normal carbot (whatever that price is now), and spaced over 2-3 years. If we could get 1 Insecticon, it'd be pretty exciting though, because they're non-license, so the only thing holding the other two up at that point is Takara's schedule. I'd love to have some mid-sized guys for my S1 'Con shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thinking if we get 1 Decepticon a year they kind of have to be bold about it something with some impact . Not necessarily Galvatron/Overlord/Devastator bold, but atleast Blitzwing,Astrotrain, or Cyclonus bold. One Insecticon somewhere between bumblebee and sideswipe height doesn't quite cut it, add in the fact they have enough Diaclones and minibots they have strung out does anyone want them to string insections out over the next 3 year. I was thinking all 3 at one time or fairly close to each other is a bigger deal then the inch by inch method.

I was thinking earlier that its a pretty good chance we get a Star Saber in the POTP line which means Takara will get one, with a good chance of going the God-bomber route and making a Victory leo for him. Which would be totally odd for the LG line to have a complete powered up Star Saber before the MP line.

20. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah, MP Arcee must be a reality

She is popular and she can be repainted as Paradron Medic

BTW, If we don't see MPM Barricade announced at New York Comic Con (next month), we can confirm the theory we won't see him until the launch of hte Bumblebee movie