The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

:thumb  Great summation, I agree with all of it. I think the first three points are the most important. We're TF fans, so we think the MP line should take precedence over all else because it's the bestest thing ever. But it is just one part of TT's portfolio, a niche collector-oriented toyline with a limited budget competing in a crowded Japanese market with far more popular options like Gundam. We all want a dozen new molds a year, but it's just not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I know Takara can't afford twelve new molds each year, but I think with only four new molds they can achieve a great year due to one mold can bring one, two or more extra releases
    For example:
    -Jazz
    -Trailbreaker
    -Brawn
    -Terrorsaur

So the schedule could be:
    -January: Jazz
    -February: Trailbreaker
    -March: Brawn
    -April: Terrorsaur
    -May: Outback
    -June: Stepper
    -July: Reissue
    -August: Reissue
    -September: Blue Trailbreaker
    -October: Fractyl
    -November: Hoist
    -December: Yellow Trailbreaker

Four molds could be enough to keep fans happy

• Like Like x 2
  3. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Even if Takara could crank out more figure every year, I honestly think it might be best that they don't. Keeping a prestige line like Masterpiece and its upcoming reveals andnreleases big events requires some time to build anticipation and desire. If they were doing 8 a year it'd be damn hard to keep up, and also to have the money.

I had to pass on the Coneheads initially because it was already a jam-packed year in 2016/2017, and there's only so many dollars I can devote to MPs when I have adult expenses like rent, loans, utilities, and so on.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'd be okay with no new MPs until May 2018.

Granted, I have MP40 and MP Bee Reissue for February but 2018 is already hella expensive for me.

January only has Legeds Fastlane and Cloudraker.

February:
    MP40
    MP21 Reissue
    MB Megatron
    MB Jazz

March:
    LG Metroplex
    MB17 Revenge Prime
    MB Nemesis

I'm on the fence about MB Lockdown and MB Jetfire

If Takara releases an MP in March, I'm gonna have to start a freaking gofundme page. So yea, I'd be okay with no new MPs or repaints until May.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I just preordered my MB Hound and MB Lockdown. Go for it!

Just over 10 day for the next Figure King. Not going to even get my hopes up for MP42. Maybe just more news about Sunstreaker or Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SunSwipe5

Okay, you convinced me. Preordered Lockdown and Jetfire. I'm REALLY liking the look of that Nemesis.
    Since I have nothing for January, I'll buget for March instead.

I swear, if 41 is Jazz or Mirage and the release is March, I'm going to :cry 

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a combination of guesswork and rumors.
    • Galvatron: old rumor that he was in development, fits in with MP40 and MP22 and MP36 reissues
    • Trailbreaker and Hoist: official word that they are currently being worked on
    • Skyfire: possible interactivity with MP21 reissue, high likelihood MP41 and/or 42 will be larger figures
    • Arcee: companion piece to MP40, known to be a favorite character of Kobayashi
    • Grimlock: iconic moment in SOS Dinobots with Bumblebee ("Try stepping on a bug!"), A-list character
    • Powerglide: shared scene with Bumblebee (and his jetpack) in Dinobot Island
    • Springer: fits in with MP40 and MP22 reissue, larger figure, many 3rd party versions
    • Blitzwing: larger figure, Diaclone mold, no (significant) MP Decepticon since April
    Make up a believable rumor and you too can influence the odds.

Mmm, more like uneducated guesses, I think, based on my track record. :dunce 

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Joy or Sorrow?

9. SunSwipe5

Both. Joy at finally having one of them released. Sorrow for it being in an already expensive month. Though I don't think Takara would release a new MP at the same time they'd be releasing Metroplex.

10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I don't know. Jazz and Mirage still look too far from being confirmed they will happen.

11. CarRobot

CarRobot Highway Star

My guess is that they might be coming mid or late next year and that mp 41 is dinobot, 42 blaster, 43 Jazz, 44 trailbreaker, and 45 hoist. Maybe they'll announce another Beast Wars figure in that timeframe too. Also why are people saying that takara won't do triple changers when they've done Tracks (flying car mode) and Sunstreaker (transformable super charger) which I'm assuming are double changers like the omnibots but are preventing them from doing the actual triple changers?

12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about that, they haven't put out any new releases and to feel the space I've ended up going with alot of stuff I probably wouldn't have ordered anyway. I haven't ordered any reissues but I've ordered a ton of LG and MPMs I probably would have passed on if we were getting MP releases. If I didn't know better I say they plan for this. Especially with the LG line being more season 3/ Japanese continuity.

13. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Not bad guesses. But then are you guessing Blaster will come with all four tapes, or that we might have to wait until MP46 at the earliest to complete the set?

14. CarRobot

CarRobot Highway Star

You right, I forgot about the tapes. I'd say that blaster will come with steeljaw and maybe Rewind. 43 is Jazz, 44 Ramhorn/Eject, 45 Trailbreaker, 46 Hoist and maybe Galvatron for 47 with Cyclonus and scourge as 48 and 49 would also make sense since the movie anniversary is coming up in Japan (they didn't get it until 89). Blurr, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, and Rodimus Prime V2 make sense too.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  15. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    That sounds like roughly 12-18 months' worth of releases... without any Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Proper triple changers like Blitzwing or Astrotrain are far more challenging to design than something like Tracks. I think Takara will do them, but they'll be big and expensive.

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    From what i heard, bee mp re-release is scheluded fo march while the same month, barricade is released.

18. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, that's just the TRU street date for barricade. Those aren't always the most reliable things in the world. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yup.

20. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Very true, especially when they don't even have a number or official announcement for it yet.

The issue with MPM Barricade is 99% of what we've seen was months ago with no word yet, so everything could have changed by now.