The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

DAMN! That would have been amazing!

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    At least for now, I want the to reveal the release date for Dinobot so stores can put them up for preorder.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeh, they are robots so they can't really be gay lol. It feels though as if that's the implied relationship however in an A-sexual manner.
    I see it as two masculine entities being lovers, whereas we are brought up to believe in a feminine x masculine love structure.
    I can't quite understand it in the comics and find it an unnecessary plot device especially with Blastoff & Onslaught, but meh... whatever. the worlds full of alternate lifestyles.. I'm sure other worlds would be too.

@malware5 The IDW comics have been mentioned by the Masterpiece design team previously. The quote doesn't come to mind right this second but it was picked up on how Sunstreaker hated humans in the IDW comics.
    Half the design team are probably fans just like us who read the boards and literature etc; however they just also get to make the things lol, I wouldn't rule anything out - especially when it comes to a repaint.

On a side note, I always imagined Ravage as a Panther, Black - stealthy - powerful.

Been leaving this site alone for a few days hoping to come back and see an announcement :( 

• Like Like x 5
  4. HolyCulture

HolyCulture 죽어도좋아

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's the worst isn't it? I peruse habitually throughout every day and still nothing. I'm curious which is more stressful.

• Like Like x 2
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I peek in a lot during the day, but I've been finding myself writing a lot less. It feels like there was a big wait for Sunstreaker after months of bemoaning the low-swing on G1 releases... and now it's all quiet. The last couple rumours were clearly Blaster oriented, so we're all just in wait-and-see mode maybe?

6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture 죽어도좋아

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah you're right. But I still get quite a lot of pleasure from just throwing my opinion around like a fat mouth. That's fun too. Haha. I just wish we could get some news already. Blaster would be so amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GearsRollo

Me too (obvs), it's just weird how we're not really seeing much useful discussion or different rumours that seem to have legs. This time last year, this place was goon nuts about Megatron, or maybe debating the chances of Takara doing more 50% new-50% remould characters like Grapple.

• Like Like x 4
  8. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

You can only talk about stuff so much, especially when there is nothing being made. "Takara is working on this,Takara is working on that"'doesn't mean much of anything if Takara isn't putting anything out. After a while it becomes wake me up when they actually reveal something. The other thing is until revealed otherwise, they are pretty much staying where we expected, they haven't tried anything different. The right annoucement: Headmaster,Triple-changer,minibot or combiner, just anything different than what we have been seen for the last 6 years could bring some pep back.

I wonder how close we are to a Super Ginrai the number had to be great for the initial run and I'm guessing the box set is going to do pretty well also. I will almost pay more for that then I did Megatron:( . Wouldn't mind seeing the G2 Prime and Scourge get the MP treatmen, the FansHobbys ones remind me too much of Tonka toys like they were made to be "kid proof"

Kind of hope they are giving some serious thoughts about the Dinobots. I know alot of people are happy with their FT ones but I would gladly replace mine. After watching "Desertion of the Dinobots" I would love to see a Swoop w/Carly. Who know's maybe that's who they have been saving her for and Sparkplug with Trailbreaker.

• Like Like x 5
  9. GearsRollo

That's a good point. I'd love to see them just go really insane out of left field and announce Swoop and Astrotrain. That'd open up the larger characters more, and the addition of triple-changers in particular would be absolutely awesome.

10. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Am I remembering right that there's a new hobby mag tomorrow?

• Like Like x 4
  11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

That's what the overseas peeps have stated repeatedly ... they are our Night's Watch! :) 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Speaking of dinobots.

In the toy fair day someone in the midnight said to me: "HEY SETH THEY ANNOUNCED A DINOBOT", after it i had a mini heart attack, because i tought "whou could be? Grimlock? Slug? Etc" and when i found it was Dinobot from beast wars i had another mini infart but at the same time i was sightly disappointed.

13. GearsRollo

Well, it's coming up on 1am right now in Japan, so we'll probably start hearing about whatever's in there later this evening.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HolyCulture

HolyCulture 죽어도좋아

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If they did announce a new Dinobot I think they should release Sludge first. He was be such a shock that everyone would jump on immediately. Then the more loved characters would drive the sales home, so to say. Gah. A new Sludge that was obviously bigger than MP-08 would let people know that the whole team was in the cards. I love my FTs but that would be the last straw. If a single Dinobot was announced I'd swear off 3P forever.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

It's weird that there isn't much to talk about right now. Of course, we've been spoiled the past couple of years and this is a movie year. Then we have Takara helping Habro with some MPMs, as well. It's not surprising that we don't have more MPs between now and November, it just seems weird because we're use to having more.

As for Steeljaw, from this point on, I'll be calling him Paws :D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Hey, guys, anyone have a link to that interview with MP Hot Rod's designer and the translation? Can't find it anywhere. I believe he talked about the line's success in overseas markets and how they were expanding the MP design team as a result. I think he also talked about his hope for more G1 movie/post-movie MPs, including Headmasters. I'm really hoping TT makes a big deal about The Movie's 30th anniversary (in Japan) in 2019 and we get Kup, Arcee, and Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

With the movie stuff clearing the decks over the next few months into the fall, TT should be clear to resume focusing on G1 (and BW) MPs for the start of 2018.

I'm hoping Sunstreaker and MP-12+ are just the start of that and we see a flurry of releases between now and September to kick off the new year with plenty of awesome stuff—similar to 2016 when we had Ironhide, Hot Rod, Ramjet, and Shockwave all hitting the shelves in Q1.

It's been a SLOW stretch going all the way back to last fall, but I'm really hopeful we're coming out of that now and the tap will be turned on once again.

I was just thinking about this over the weekend. Could you imagine if they dropped MP Slag or Sludge on us? Either one of those would be a clear indication of their intent to do all the Dinos. I for one would lose my shit (in the awesome metaphorical sense).

• Like Like x 3
  18. GearsRollo

I'm super curious about whether they'd go with calling Slag that or Slug as they've done recently since they finally realized what it means in the UK.

It's actually kind of too bad, because it's a pretty appropriate name in the North American context considering his main ability to to melt everything in sight.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    They could re-do grimlock first.

Me grimlock don't want to be in hiatus.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That only will be happen if the first two sell quite disappointing for hasbro/takara.