The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...could you do us all a favor and pick up either gundog or willys?..they're both too large for my taste and i'd really appreciate takara showing everyone how to make a properly petite hound...

...i did my part with sphinx and wardog, but it seems to have had no effect, so i clearly don't have the same knack for influencing takara's plans for the masterpiece line...

• Like Like x 2
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Heres to hoppin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More evidence: Emperor Bruticus IV translated some of the copy and it literally says "The G1 version toy becomes a long awaited masterpiece"

So yeah, this must be it.

• Like Like x 7
  4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Yup, I saw that. I still strongly believe Jazz, Hound and Mirage are just around the corner :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or it could be Takara trolling:D  I think they pride themselves on being unpredictable to us.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    PLEASE JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I still say Takara "leaks" false info to the various "insiders", just to keep us all in the dark as long as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps, though even if it's removable, it seems odd to even include an all-yellow one when neither primary source material for Sunstreaker has a yellow spoiler. If they can catch Magnus' red bumper, this seems like an odd detail to miss or randomly give us extra parts for.

I saw that translation too. Interesting that Sunstreaker gets revealed this way, instead of a grand reveal at TTS. Then again, maybe it's better that it got a surprise reveal this way for reasons optimistic (something even bigger is on tap at TTS, so why let Sunstreaker get lost in the shuffle a bit) or less so (not wanting your long awaited character reveal to be a bit disappointing if Japanese fans were also thinking of either Jazz/Devs/Galvatron instead).

I'll also be curious if Jazz/Devs rumors persist from here on out.

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    They did say the end of the year reveal. Except I don't know if there are any conventions in Japan at the end of the year or anywhere that they would reveal a long awaited G1 character.

10. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would guess the spoiler might be a Lambo requirement as its pretty low hanging fruit. Either way we should find out soon enough. If not someone will make one if possible or if not Reprolabels especially if you want the black lining in alt mold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Looking at my Ark shelf now Sunsurge and Sphynx have always been the two that I would replace in a heartbeat had Takara come out and done their 'toon thing. Both a little awkward looking but doing a job as stand ins.

So...... let's try this again as it worked earlier today.....

I'm hoping Mirage finally gets the nod. Either him or Kup.

Both absolutely no chance but I can but hope.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    EmperorMenasor translated the magazine, and he found some interesting thing:
    "> Sunstreaker was one of the original characters who played an integral part of the cast.
    He has an electronic propulsion engine connected making him unique. Sunstreakers narcism and hatred for humans in the comics is mentioned.
    "The G1 version toy becomes a long awaited masterpiece"

That could mean he IS the long awaited character the Generations Book 2017 mentioned.

Anyway, ANY G1 character is a long awaited character.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Several people are theorizing that the yellow spoiler was at Lamborghini's insistence that the car look as close to the actual production model as possible. Hence the ability to fold over the engine to give the car the stock look. It was probably unfeasible to design him with a spoiler that also folds away to reveal a silver one. Not perfect, but I'll take it.

My first thought was they just want Dinobot and particularly the MPMs to be the main focus. I think this show will be especially movie-centric, it might look bad if they're trying to promote movie toys but the big news that gets all the front pages with the 40-point type is another G1 guy.

And yeah, Jazz and Devastator rumors will persist. What are you, crazy? :lol 

I was never confident they said "end of year reveal." At best I think they said "by the end of the year a long-awaited character will have been revealed," and I'm sure I saw some translators saying "released."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    So chances are this is it for the year for G1 characters?

15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Still betting on 1 more for the holiday season

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right, I started off by wondering if this was a Lambo-induced thing, because it didn't make sense otherwise.

Focusing on Dinobot & the MPMs makes sense, especially for the reasons you stated. I hope we get to see something else alongside Prime/'Bee/Barricade though, even if it's just a teaser for the next Movie figure.

And LOL yeah I expect that talk to continue on some level. I just hope it's closer to "Well, there's smoke" buzz that builds to something, and not fans trying to will them into existence.

It's possible, yes. There's still a chance a redeco or two (though probably something more Diaclone/MC-oriented) happens, and if there's anything on the docket that we don't know about, it's conceivable it could get slipped in after or alongside Dinobot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That might as well be Dinobot. I bet Sunstreaker is for November and Dinobot is December. All I hope is that not only Dinobot and Sunstreaker at Tokyo Toy Show, but just one more G1 Masterpiece announcement. Doesn't have to be a prototype.

I would dream of the day I find on the News forum, "TakaraTomy Masterpiece Jazz".

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, a quick tasse for the next is definitely possible, being they've teased at shows in the past.

20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    You know what they say, "a picture is worth 1000 words"? In this case, Any word about Jazz in the future is good, picture or not.

I remember once they showed a picture of MP Shockwave, but they said that was a joke. None of That Please!