The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha, very nice! Well maybe not for you. LOL

Go buy one of those Trails! Although if you want to keep your streak going maybe go after that ex-49er guy.

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty optimistic. September is only four months away, I don't think any mass retail MP has gone from reveal to release in such a short period of time. I think Sunstreaker in November, Dinobot in December, and if there is a release in September or October it'll be a TTMall exclusive like black Ironhide or black Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

The Real Car series continues... Im curious where they stand on mini-bots though?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I'd peg Sunstreaker as October at the earliest, unless Takara's willing to cut down quite a bit on the turnaround from reveal to release (especially for a new mold).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Sooo...am I missing something?

Greebly forearms...toy accurate autobot logos...checkered flag detail below the front bumper...chrome intakes...panel lines on the crotch flaps...how exactly does this guy necessitate an MP-12+???
    Seems perfectly in line with regular old MP-12 to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Articulation. Sideswipe is looking severely lacking by comparison. Try and get him in a two handed forward facing grip in a off slant wide A stance with flat feet with his torso rocked forward naturally like Sunstreaker is shown:

FB_IMG_1495476895054.jpg

It's impossible and even if you got close he'd look like he was having a heart attack and not as effortless as MP39 can seemingly pull it off.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Oh true, I'm just saying, this announcement has kind of turned the whole "aesthetic shift" thing on its head. If anything he's LESS toon accurate than sunsurge in alt. mode. Which is IMO a good thing. I'd consider this a game changer in the talks regarding an Optimus V3 and the like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

It may well be optimistic, I will admit to that. I'm trying to think of the rough release schedule we've seen the last couple years. Tracks was supposed to be Sept, and got pushed back, and last year we got Inferno in Mid q4, Cheetor was meant be be Dec pushed to Jan (is that right?), then Grapple. What I'm driving at mainly is that there may be room for 1 more surprise if they really really want us to collectively roll our eyes back in our heads and pass out from MP joygasms.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, we got Primal in October as a new mold and Inferno in November. Unless they are planning to try to squeeze some other releases in I'm guessing October at best. Then again that would mean nothing in the main MP line for July,August,and September, but we will probably get a repaint in their somewhere.
    I think more of the difference are noticeable in Bot mode. Sideswipe has the tinier head with the bulkier body as well as the hollow leg syndrome. Nothing no one hasn't noticed before but like Prime when their is a character they genuinely pair with the negatives tend to get accented. That and the premium being put on articulation lately tend to make the older bots feel kind of out dated

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    There's a comparison in the sunstreaket thread you might want to take a look at. His proportions actually don't match the cartoon. He's a bit slimmer in the chest region and upper arms. The fake chest also has line detailing that's entirely unnecessary for the sake of alt. mode consistency, and there's definitely some detailing in the waist that the blurriness of the photos is covering up. I really think Takara took a look at sideswipe when they were designing this guy, and tried to get him to match as much as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    Oh no doubt they tried to make them match,but SS mode is about 5 years old now, I guess body wise he looks "stouter" than he should for lack of better word. That's more my concern with mp-12 his silhouette should look a little more athletic. I have no problem with the detailing, I don't get where he is overly toon where Sunsurge is not, unless grey face=toon. When we get better pictures he'll probably have equal or more detailing than Sunsurge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Yeah, I'm wondering what the deal is with Porsche. At this point, TT getting the license from them sounds somewhat plausible to me because they were able to get the Volkswagen license for Bumblebee. And even though I'm not a huge Masterpiece collector at the moment, I'm really hoping TT can pull it off with Porsche because I really want to see a Masterpiece Cliffjumper.

13. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

Bring on MP Hound, Kup, Windblade, and Drift!

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Haven't the other 3 had tr releases? Fort Max was in the comic too iirc. It's a mix as far as I can see.

15. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    so is everyone happy to have their out of left field character

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just noticing the yellow spoiler now. It should be gray/sliver/chrome, which matches both the toy and animation. Perhaps that, as much or more than the super tuner engine, was a cost of licensing?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

A man can dream…

18. jackisking

News Credits:
    Who know's ? They may have an alternate spoiler since they went to the trouble of being able to reconfigure the back to look either real world or toon. They say preorders are going up early June ,probably in the next 2 weeks? So we should be seeing some retailer stock pics and have a better idea of what's included. I haven't seen his missiles but, then again I don't know if he used them in the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

From the pictures looks like Sunsurge is looking more toony. And at least he has a gun and the classic Sunstreaker 'ears'. I really hope an alternate helmet/face is included in this.
    For the life of me I cant find a picture to see which gun is more accurate...

On the flipside, he will most likely be better proportionate and Chip doesnt seem to be a mess. I guess it will be a matter of alternate or not 'ears' for me.

Recently, I have come to believe someone installed a mind probe in me. I was contemplating when will that damn thing be released and weather I should get a TigerTrack to fill the void. I guess I got my answer and things to consider now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    MP-39 has 2 guns according to translation the smaller one and a bigger one. Chances are one of toy repaints if not both will have toy heads.