The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As 80sf touches on, it still makes sense that Megs is a 1 April release as listed. 1 April is Saturday, and most Japanese retailers don't start invoicing people this early in the week for something coming out on Saturday (if it was listed as a Friday release, then maybe). The only reason to believe Megs isn't actually coming on the 1st is if we get to Wednesday-Friday and people aren't getting payment requests or charges hitting from AmiAmi/HLJ/Hobby Search/RK.

After what's happened with some MPs, it wouldn't surprise me if some US retailers even get it in on Friday.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Oh, I WANT him to be released April 1st.It would help spread out my April MP purchases

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, but that's still not Takara doing so. And still a different scenario than what in talking about anyhow. I'm not taking 3P into any consideration whatsoever, because when Megatron 2.0 would have been released, those orders for the 3P would have dropped regardless. That's Takara shooting someone else in the foot, not themselves. And I have Apollyon getting a nice upper cut from prime right now. Still selling him for the official. Takara will never give a crap about if they undercut a 3P, because the 3P is already technically stealing takara's property with the likeness (different topic, please don't make a thing of it).

• Like Like x 2
  4. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

When I said Jazz is for june, I wanted to say announced but not released
    Sorry for my very bad english :( 

• Like Like x 1
  5. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem I just hope they announce him before June :D .

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

I mean, I ordered from a US retailer, and I've just been assuming I'd be waiting another month or so. Friday? FRIDAY?!?!
    :mail 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, but that's assuming places like BBTS and others have it drop that early like some recent MPs have. If not, then it should show up sometime between Monday and Wednesday the next week like the average Takara release.

Both Amazon JP & Takara Tomy Mall still list it as 1 April, so the wait shouldn't be long unless there's a very last minute postponement.

8. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I was actually speaking to his tidbit about an upcoming character that was very much left field, which I believe was to be followed by a big announcement.

To be fair though, he's been kind enough to update the board with a number of updates on that rumour, so it's changed a bunch of times and something could be a victim of broken telephone there.

9. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

As to Black Ironhide, seems to me he was released under the TF brand with the G1 e-hobby release as "Protect Black Ironhide", so that's who I think he's gonna be. Seems to me, unique characters are only bestowed on Diaclones that never made it to the G1 line (I could be wrong).

I'd love if he had the option of a flatscreen monitor head with that weird G1 toy face!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not seeing any issues ahead paid for mine from NY, not as low as Amazon, but still saved money compared to NA e-tailers. I can live with that (besides NY has saved me a fortune on Bandai Gundam and Robot spirit exclusives of late).

11. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's the thing, though. That wasn't TC who said it was "left field" - it was whoever his contact is. For someone who's maybe a little bit familiar with Transformers characters, but not Diaclone - and let's face it, that's probably a lot more common than we think - a black Ironhide may indeed seem to be a bit strange. It all depends on the depth of knowledge this guy (or gal) might have.

For my own part, I'll be passing. I think Diaclone is cool and all, but I don't like retconning them with new character names and faction sigils. And it's even worse with someone like Ironhide - the reason his original toy looked the way it did was because it was supposed to be a mech suit after all, with a little Diaclone driver sitting in there.

I guess what I'm saying is that I love the concept of Diaclone, but I don't like them as "Transformers". Besides, all this stuff adds up - gotta save cash somehow. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    It's not because I want to get him for box. I have one Takara still in box and a Hasbro one still in box. I want to get another Soundwave because in case mine breaks. Because a while back I broke my Laserbeak. So just in case.

Just wondering, in the next few years do you think they may rerelease their Masterpiece toys in G1 art boxes?

@Ikkstakk, I think Jazz should be more like 6-1 or 7-1. You never know.

@TCracker, no offence, just how reliable is your supplier?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I could use an Autobot Blaster to go toe to toe with Soundwave!

• Like Like x 6
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I dunno, I don't think think this is the left field figure TC was saying was a possibility. Sounded like his last post was saying this one came outta nowhere. MP-40, assuming this is a sub-line number, could still be Jazz, Hound, or Mr Left Field...

15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Who's Left Field?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe. I'm just saying we need to be flexible with our expectations when it comes to stuff like this. Who knows where Mr. Insider got his info, but even if it was directly from Takara, we've got at least 3-4 layers of different interpretations of whatever the original information was, plus possibly two or three different languages at play, etc. And that's assuming the information is correct in the first place.

I'm not dissing TC here whatsoever - that's just the nature of how this goes. Remember that old "telephone" game we used to play as kids? Same thing. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I'm just gonnna piggyback on your point by saying that I find that a lot of the trouble that we run into as fans is that we have an image of things that we want, and we confuse it with what should be/was promised.

It sounds trite, but the one constant in anything is that there will be change. It's completely possible that TCracker's source was reporting and reported 100% accurately many times, only for change to happen behind that scenes that made their report null and void. That goes for pretty much everything here too.

It's been said many times that Takara moved quickly on Bumblebee because they had a window, and they took advantage of it. It's entirely possible that that one change had ripple effects that we're feeling in the Masterpiece line today - maybe in the absence of a jeep character we've all brought up a lot lately - we just don't know.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    How reliable is my info? Well you can take it in 2 ways -
    1) He tell me OR
    2) the fact that he is also my main supplier and have interactions with TT

Take it as it is. I have been proven wrong before and there are still people wanting to see me fail.
    Miserably.
    For what reason? I have no idea. Some do it out of spite. Some do it for the heck of it. Or simply some are just purely assholes.

Like i mentioned, i share it as i hear it. Nothing is set in stone.

I mean if anyone feels my post is annoying, there is an ignore feature or just like mr. Afterburner so succinctly put it, scroll past.

• Like Like x 18
  19. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got an email from HLJ. Expected ship date is on or around 3 Apr.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    This is a piece of info that I don't want you to get wrong. If it came from a supplier that has connections with Takara, it's got to be worth something. Besides what your info has been wrong about, what are the positives?

• Like Like x 1