The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I'd be tempted by a well done black Ironhide. As for speculation - when is the MP11 Re-issue hitting?

Left field, Toyworld have started showing a Bruticus, but yet he is 'Starscream's Brigade' ......

• Like Like x 1
  2. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    MP Starscream? Should be end of April.

3. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Okay, so with @TCracker getting a repaint update, I'd say Black Ironhide is a decently left-field character to be next, and could be MP-39. It's weird, it services a very specific part of the base that we forget about.

I'd be entirely open to the idea of Dinobot being MP-40 or 41, and hopefully we do get somebody really musical in that other slot. Or, y'know, yellow. Or 4WD and green.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for jazz or Reflector or Insecticons. Or even a triple changer. The clever engineering that went into the great Megatron V2 makes me feel without doubt Takara can pull off any Triple changer. Come on Takara show the world the magic on a triple changer.

• Like Like x 3
  5. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I'm with you. I'm getting a 2nd Soundwave for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh, trust me, buddy. Takara can achieve ANYTHING.
    Funny thing for me (and always the case), I always go for the 3rd party stuffs and later it has always been trumped by official ones. Not to say I wasted money on the 3rd party ones, they were good stand ins before the official one takes over. Something to tide me over, you can say that.

• Like Like x 8
  7. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    And you are 100% right they can. Cause you know my dog last night was telling not to buy Downbeat, and No 3rd party Trailbreaker or Hoist. But what the heck does he know! He is a dog. I hit him with a bag of salt and he tell me he( speculated )a great carbot is coming. Joking ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't agree. Takara didn't leak the prototype here, someone else did (supposedly within fans toys). Also, revealing a prototype then showing off full promotion scans isn't the sane thing, even if Takara had actually revealed that themselves. We're talking about giving one figure a final stand then revealing a better option, not showing the different stages of the same figure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    People still believe the prototype pic was leaked intentionally by Takara?? Why would they ever do that?

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could he be 39? I guess it depends on whether he's going to be an exclusive somewhere or a general retail release. Somebody in Japan: what MPs could you go into a toy store right now and buy? What would you say will still be there August-September-ish? What's a good number of MPs to be on the shelves at any one time?

11. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

They've been individually numbering figures that I honestly never thought they would have recently, Artfire less-so, but SC Primal? That seemed odd to me, so it's either a new standard, or a weird-ass one-off, and I'm basing my guess on the idea that it might be a new standard. Though if he's some kind of exclusive, the idea totally goes out the window.

I'd be curious to know how MPs are stocked in Japan too! They're such a specialty-store thing here, and the state of comic and other specialty stores is such that a lot of them can't afford the self-space to MPs these days.

Also @Ikkstakk, I really want to see you update your odds sheet with a blockhead black Ironhide for odds. Just as a really tough side-project :) 

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    General rule of thumb seems to be a mold gets two releases at mass retail which both have unique numbers. SC Primal fits right in with that. Artfire is a bit of an anomaly unless Takara considers the two Fuso trucks separate molds, which, given the sheer number of unique parts between Inferno and Grapple, is plausible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, what i mean is that it was leaked at the time when despotron and mightron got his releases, and the people cancelled their pre-orders, because of it.

Some thing like it kinda happen when the "real" render of the MPM optimus was leaked too.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

Very Interesting and now that I think about it it's very accurate. I wonder why the Seekers were the only exception to this rule

I also wonder if this means that Hauler will get his own number

• Like Like x 2
  15. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

My hunch is Black Ironhide would be a TTS exclusive. Seems particularly plausible given the show is coming up soon.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I'm in for Black Ironhide. I'd like it to be a separate character with a new head, though. How about some huge arm cannons as an homage to Movie-verse Ironhide?

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Im going with Megs will be end of April release. If he was releasing Saturday, payment requests would have already gone out.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'll call him Skippy, because Passy just doesn't have the same ring to it...

I think Jazz is done...just gotta work out the licensing.

A long expected repaint? I think that's about the furthest thing from left field... I don't think this is whatTC was referencing when he said that.

20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well RK said they were shipping theirs out between April 3rd (ROBOTKINGDOM.COM Newsletter #1370 - Transformers News - TFW2005), and TCP has an ETA of April 4th now. I haven't received a payment request yet from NY, but I expect it to come in within that time frame.