The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Would it help if I feign an emotional breakdown? ; )

2. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont understand the tussle...release all three:D . That saying if Jazz is true does the rumor that they were going to release Jazz and 2 constructicons get any merit?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It probably helps, yes. Of course, the rumor could have legs yet we find out the opposite way and have Constructicons announced first with Jazz coming later thanks to this possible delay TC mentions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

It really isn't. If Megatron is released without a new mold revealed, that's a problem.
    I'm reliving 1996 all over again right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I remember seeing that also before the update Kibble.
    Its the most plausible reasoning I can muster from what we have or have not been presented with.
    I honestly think TT will overcome and knock Jazz out the park. He is almost as iconic as Optimus Prime.
    He will be another MP-36 moment with the glory and infighting on the boards we always get.

When did the 2 constructions rumor drop?
    That would be a good run.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SunSwipe5

A remold/repaint doesn't always come right away, or sometimes even in the same year. He'll get his retool/repaint.
    The sky isn't falling, guys.

7. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    @TCracker, thanks for those latest tidbits! Things are getting interesting!

Thinking more about the "left field" character, I feel like a Season 3 character would be pretty left field at this time. Many are anxious for TT to finish up the original lineup from '84 since there are so few left. We're expecting Hoist as a follow-up to Grapple. Hound, Jazz, and Sunstreaker have been rumored for quite a while now. If TT were to reveal the next G1 MP as Scourge, for example, that would certainly be unexpected and "out of left field". Or, if TCracker was hinting that it's a minibot, what if it's Wheelie?

• Like Like x 2
  8. jackisking

News Credits:
    I think he means if Megatron is the only new mold this year, which I agree, that would blow chunks. In all fairness in their highly competitive adult collector niche, putting out a ton of repaints is probably not in your best interest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SunSwipe5

Ahhh, ok. I'm willing to bet we get another new G1 mold by years' end.:) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. jackisking

News Credits:
    I'm betting at least two:D 
    A couple of weeks ago in one of the 3P threads, some guy said TT was going to be releasing Jazz and 2 Constructicons maybe it was the FT Skyfire thread?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

Sure, I totally understand that and respect it. The only thing I DON'T get, though, is: "if you're so ashamed of your products use during a war where you were the principle aggressor and LOTS of crazy bad stuff happened," why not just change your name?!?!?! I mean, to me, and I'm only one person, if you're ashamed of Porche's part in WWII, the answer would have been "change the name" and not, "NO WAR TOYS!"

This isn't to say I don't believe it, I do. Just seems like that's a weird disconnect.

12. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We have Megatron & a Targetmaster gun. I feel you.
    Really a shame they couldn't have kept the BW stuff separate and run parallel, its like a roulette now in terms of capturing my interest.
    Hey man, that would be incredible & would certainly put a pacifier in my inner man baby's mouth after a few disappointments.
    Wonder if the earlier Chinese forum rumors hold any weight on Ford licensing some of them.

Change the name of the company? Ferdinand Porsche was proud of the company name as it was his own name and reflected himself. He built up alot of pride and acclaim around the brand. Why change the brand he built hard to make. Easier just to disassociate with the negative politics that were a product of the nation. Would the Porsche 911 be as iconic without that font, logo - name etc? That legendary shield crest with the Stuttgart on it is iconic. The horrors and true extent of the war didn't come to light to the general people until much later.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. War7Angel

War7Angel Member

today i get Grapple mp35 and instruction is in my opinion a rumor of HOIST!

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Martini livery isn't quite the same case as the Marlboro issue though, is it? With Exhaust, the livery replicates the signature and trademarked Marlboro packaging design. The shape of the red area on the livery is a distinct part of Marlboro's brand and that's what caused the issue (remember, the issue was resolved by changing that shape on Exhaust). With Jazz's livery there doesn't seem to be the same issue as the red and blue stripe configuration isn't part of Martini's logo or label design. TT could easily use a similar enough stripe pattern without any Martini logo and it would resemble Jazz enough. Or, if they could get away with it, they could use a rectangle-and-circle design similar to Martini's logo (but different enough) with the word "Meister" in it instead of Martini.

meister-logo.png

I'm not saying the above would be approved, it's just an example of how a similar mark could be used that might have enough difference from actual branding for Martini to approve. I realize it may not be that simple and Martini may have very strict say in it like Marlboro did about the change to Exhaust's pattern. Sure, this wouldn't be accurate like Wheeljack's livery but we have precedent of something similar with Smokescreen. In any case, the particular issues with Marlboro and Exhaust were very specific to their branding as integrated into the livery and the legal aspect of not having cigarette branding on toys.

We now have precedent with Fuso for a situation like this. Grapple and Inferno are labeled as a Fuso T951 despite that really only applying to the cab and wheels. Unless Laborghini is extremely strict about their licensing, Sunstreaker could be labeled as a Lamborghini Countach or even a modified Lamborghini Countach, if that would appease Lamborghini. Of course, unless one of us has factual information about all aspects of previous licensing agreements between Lamborghini and Takara Tomy, we don't really know how picky they'd be in this regard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

How so dude?

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not saying anything you posted is incorrect nor do I disagree with it, but the Binaltech days were pre-merger.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    If you'd be so kind; otherwise I fear I'll end up on the floor curled up in the foetul position constantly muttering "what is life?"

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't mind the Meister spin...it's not as dumb as crap like goofyear. But if THAT was the issue, they could probably just as easily stick to their toon accuracy and leave the sponsors off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Mark my words my guy... Porsche would 100% say NO, TT can dodge Martini and avoid them in the equation but they cannot dodge Porsche. There is alot of heritage there... please see the companies latest version below. I took a picture of one recently too but cannot currently find it. Porsche would never ever ever allow a fake martini version of their car to be put out and licence it.
    Listen if they do, I will beg for your forgiveness and eat my words, mark my words.

If I had to take an educated guess I recon TT tried to make your idea fly but have been told to make it correct, hence the up and down rumors.. 3rd parties rushing to market and then lack of news.

[​IMG]

Sunstreaker may be called a "Modified Countach" I could actually imagine that, lets indeed see what happens.

Indeed thats right Trailbreaker77 the Tomy acquisition will hopefully go a long way to building this bridge. I want Jazz to happen!

EDIT: Pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    Can I just say we have a ton of G1 MP rumors......but no new G1 MPs:oops: . Wish they would go ahead and announce Dinobot , "so we can get on with the get on" and actually get a new G1 reveal.

• Like Like x 3