The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I do.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

Sorry, you guys must have thought I said Cliffjumper, I said Cosmos, no one wants him. Similar to Seaspray from what I've heard.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cosmos would be awesome, along with Seaspray. Third parties are taking their shots with these right now, so maybe....
    I always thought Cliffjumper's personality was annoying and I don't care if they take longer to make him. :eek: 

For my "out of left field" guess I'm going to say Brawn. My reasoning (yes I'm looking for patterns where there are none) is he was the first to be shot with Megatron on the shuttle and all the other Autobots on that shuttle have been made. He also has a repaint/retool in Outback.

5. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I can't count apparently hahaha

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The running joke that no one wants Cosmos or Seaspray is funny, but overdone on this board at this point. I personally would like Cosmos, Seaspray, Skids, and Powerglide a lot. I know they're not popular, and I'd prefer the more loved characters, but I'd still appreciate them just the same.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

You're right. Seaspray would be ok but not Cosmos.

;) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Imo we haven't seen minibots yet because they are kinda shitty and complicated to scale, they were generally tier C characters. I don't know about you guys but I'm happier we got Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Grapple etc instead of Gears or Huffer.

I would like Powerglide, Cliffjumper & Beachcomber however.. They had some nice characterisation in the show. (I cant remember who said the minibots especially S2 had some horrible voices but I'm still laughing, so true.)

Pairing this S1 x S2 tidbit with the left field info you said, I'll take my stab in the dark as it being Cliffjumper to get us ultra hyped for Jazz, would also work well with Hound.
    Perceptor would also be a good one, Microscope anyone? ( also ticks off the yearly Movie character, can keep Star Saber company too)
    I'm curious to how much these licences cost. Is the Porsche one expected to be a couple million for example?

Gears is my worst G1 transformer of all time with Seaspray coming in at a close second. Really wouldn't loose sleep if they never saw the light of day.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Fem-Bot I learned to keep my mouth shut

News Credits:
    I would want a cosmos, Seaspray, and a wheelie. Even a Mp Mr. Burger, Archaville, and B.O.T

My left field would be Runabout and Runamuck. They would be the first true decepticon car's Takara has done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Just a small point about 3P releases as I saw this come up again in here; it's likely Takara does keep track of them, but they probably don't plot releases against them.

It's far, far more likely that the reason we see a glut of the same character coming from a few of them at a time is that their competition between each other is quite fierce, and they probably get a more informed inkling of when an official version is coming from their factories, so they rush to production. I realize this can look like Takara intentionally torpedoing them, but really it's the 3P attempting to get their sales in before the official release kills them.

As for left field... I want Gears. He was my first TF bought for me at the corner store way back in '84 when my folks were super-poor so any new toy was a huge deal. Massive personal connection there.

Other than Gears, I'd say Jetfire or maybe Reflector. Neither have ever been represented accurately to the 'toon model, and would be really fascinating to design and engineer. I get the feeling that the MP designers love a challenging character after the Fusos and Vanettes came out.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

35 in may, I was little young for g1 but I have PROOOF! Me on the left with the neighbor kid! I was also young enough at the time to assume that Transformers and Go-Bots were the same thing. lol
    IMG_4465.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

I do, also.

That's a joke? It's "funny"?
    If I say "no one wants a Masterpiece Galvatron", is that a "funny" joke?

Skids, Crosscut, and all the other Honda Citys would be awesome.

My age? Fuck you. But I will add that I'm old enough to be bothered by yet not care what people under 30 are doing 'here' and have to say.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

I love this place. TCracker is dropping enough hints that actually narrow it down quite a lot -

"I am expecting some mini-bot love"

"Rule of the thumb (which I think mny of you can deduce), the character must have at least 1-2 repaint potential to be launched."

"Out of left-field"

So who a minibot with repaint potential (eliminating Powerglide, Cosmos, Seaspray etc) who would be a more unusual choice (which I would say eliminates Cliffjumper, Windcharger and Brawn)? Looks like a pick between Gears and Huffer to me.

This is assuming that TCracker's hints related all to the same release, I do acknowledge that...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How dare you, no one deserves the dishonor of being compared to (shudders)...seaspray.

:p 

14. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry, why would it be ironic? Did I miss something here?

Yeah. Let's be honest, here - this is probably true. When it comes to figuring out who might be "chosen" for this line, I think it helps to try and look at this from the perspective of a more casual Transformers fan/toy collector/car fan... After all, these are the customers Takara is trying to appeal to, as well as us, so they're more likely to chose characters that would appeal to the largest amount of potential buyers.

I will fully admit that when TRU started doing G1 reissues way back in the early '00s, I was like "who the heck is Red Alert and Skids?" And I wouldn't have been able to tell you who Reflector, Huffer, Gears, Windcharger, etc. were (even though I vaguely remembered them since I was more familiar with season one at least).

Since then, well after I rediscovered Transformers and become more of a hard-core fan - sure, I'll buy 'em all. But not everyone is like that. Takara still wants to draw in guys like I was back in '03 or whatever - guys who are much more likely to remember Optimus Prime, Prowl, Jazz, Bumblebee, etc.

Agreed. I was going to comment as well, about the "pattern" remark - it can't be a pattern if it doesn't happen more than half the time. People seem to be picking and choosing incidents where it does happen (like Megatron and the Fusos) and conveniently ignoring incidents where it doesn't (Insecticons, Reflector, Sunstreaker, Minibots, Galvatron, etc.

I mean, come on people - the third parties are picking from the same limited pool of season 1-3 characters. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 I Am the Highway

Powerglide would be kind of out of left field. He was a minibot, but had a spotlight episode. I think that brings him out of the C-list to at least B or A.

Edit: Never mind, sorry I missed the previous discussion. I think he could get an Exhaust-type repaint. I would like to see Powerglide before Seaspray et. al.

16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Stunticons out of left field, maybe? I'd love to have Wildrider. That could build up to the long awaited G1 character being Sunstreaker.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally agree about the 3P figures and getting an idea of what's coming through the puppies for officials. Definitely think it's the 3P gets a sniff and rushes out to beat Takara, over the Takara getting a sense of all of these companies and tried to beat them at their games. Either way, though, maybe 3P really is a good way to keep an eye out for what's to come officially. There's what.. 3 Skyfires coming (counting the headmaster one, because silk big as hell and could maybe fit with MP figures in size), with the rumor of Skyfire in the works. Could make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  18. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just throwing this out there but does anyone think it could be Omega Supreme? He's pretty left field to me, and does have repaint potential.

• Like Like x 3
  19. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that it's 3rd parties finding out what Takara has coming and rushing to beat them to market (in some cases).

Not sure if this was directed at my comment, but I did say "...(yes I'm looking for patterns where there are none)..." thus I agree with you. I just think it's a fun game to play. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Go on then, I'll play this game...
    What if (!) the clues are in the words @TCracker is using?! ;) 

"Out of left field" - Didn't Blitzwing have an episode where he took over a baseball stadium?

"1-2 potential repaints to be launched" - Well shuttles get launched right?

So obviously Triple Changers are the next big releases on the horizon! ;) 

• Like Like x 6